HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fedorov out of SoCal

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
They lost their identity when they moved Rucchin for garbage.
I agree--I think letting him go was a bad move--but Burke has been giving them a new identity. Fedorov didn't fit into Burke's grand plan, so he was moved. As bacchu suggested, this could make the Ducks an even better team. Wright will be a good example to the rest of the team about how to work hard. Fedorov, unfortunately, was only a good example of how to float, which was particularly bad with all of the youngsters on the team.

Old
11-15-2005, 07:30 PM
bacchusbuddha

Send a message via AIM to bacchusbuddha
Yeah, the Rucchin deal was a total salary dump.

But I think that losing their identity for the moment is part of the process of Burke putting his stamp on the team.

The Ducks are definitely under construction, but they're not out of it yet. If they can keep their heads above water until they can pick up a good player to replace Feds, they'll be in pretty good shape, and in the end much "tougher to play against".

And all that aside, Tyler Wright always seems to score against the Kings. Well, not including last Sunday, anyway. Haha.

edit: Osprey, you beat me to most of that.

Old
11-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Let me put it this way, who would you rather have, Wright or Rucchin? Seems like the Rangers are benefiting with Rucchin in the lineup. Burke also have Leclerc away for nothing (and I'm glad he did) and look how he's come back to bite 'em in the ***.

They severly overpaid for both Niedermayer brothers, and electing to retain Sykora and Ozolinsh over the likes of Rucchin and Leclerc has turned out to be a big mistake. Burke is putting his stamp on the team, and it hasn't been a good thing. It starts from his treatment of handling of Mike Babcock and his insulting offer.

Old
11-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I think it's just as good for C-bus. Feds can opt out at the end of this year, and they wont be on the hook for 6 million plus.

Old
11-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Frankly, I don't think he was ever happy playing for the Ducks anyhow. Hopefully he will re-energize this team, maybe not.

Old
11-15-2005, 07:43 PM
bacchusbuddha

Send a message via AIM to bacchusbuddha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Let me put it this way, who would you rather have, Wright or Rucchin? Seems like the Rangers are benefiting with Rucchin in the lineup. Burke also have Leclerc away for nothing (and I'm glad he did) and look how he's come back to bite 'em in the ***.

They severly overpaid for both Niedermayer brothers, and electing to retain Sykora and Ozolinsh over the likes of Rucchin and Leclerc has turned out to be a big mistake. Burke is putting his stamp on the team, and it hasn't been a good thing. It starts from his treatment of handling of Mike Babcock and his insulting offer.
I bet that if Burke could have dumped Feds before the season and kept Leclerc and Rucchin he would have. But yeah, I'm glad he didn't keep either of them. Too bad Leclerc didn't get shipped to the Rags too.

Good points about Ozolinsh and Sykora. I think Sykora is a good player, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ozolinsh gets dealt if there are any takers. There's probably lots of akward silence when Burke brings his name up on the phone with other GM's, though.

Agreed on Babcock. I'm glad the Ducks are going through all of the new GM growing pains this year. The Pacific is tough enough as it is.

Old
11-15-2005, 09:43 PM
took420s

Not surprising to me.

Fedorov never seemed comfortable in disneyland.

Or is he just not motivated anymore???

You would think he would flourish in the "new" NHL but injuries and age seem to have slowed him.

I hope he kicks @ss for CBJ!!!

Old
11-15-2005, 11:39 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
Not surprising to me.

Fedorov never seemed comfortable in disneyland.

Or is he just not motivated anymore???

You would think he would flourish in the "new" NHL but injuries and age seem to have slowed him.

I hope he kicks @ss for CBJ!!!
The team in California that he wanted to play for was about forty miles north (LA). You don the duck over your chest and you become instant mush.
He'll have new life in Columbus, but they'll still suck. I'm just surprised at the return that the quacks got.........how embarassing!
Most of you think Burke is dumb.......but I think he's a genius. Not too many GM's around the league would throw in the towel after 18 games. He knows he walked right into cheese.....now he can make that big splash and bring over Brashear.

Old
11-16-2005, 12:58 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
The team in California that he wanted to play for was about forty miles north (LA). You don the duck over your chest and you become instant mush.
He'll have new life in Columbus, but they'll still suck. I'm just surprised at the return that the quacks got.........how embarassing!
Most of you think Burke is dumb.......but I think he's a genius. Not too many GM's around the league would throw in the towel after 18 games. He knows he walked right into cheese.....now he can make that big splash and bring over Brashear.

please make that happen
Brahear getting traded away.

Old
11-16-2005, 01:52 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV
Let's face it - Fedorov has been invisible on the Ducks since they acquired him. No reason to pay the guy if he's not producing. If I were a BJ fan I wouldn't exactly be thrilled with this trade either - mainly because of the player they inherited, not the terms of the deal itself (which were very favorable to the BJ's).
You're not a BJ fan, Tony?

Anyways... Ducks are rebuilding, and Wright will be a decent character player for their youth movement. It's still gonna be fun watching them tank this season.

Old
11-16-2005, 06:01 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

i cant express how disapoointed i am in this trade....the ducks were going to be terrible and inflexible for years....and now, they just unloaded what might be the worst contract in the NHL to a team desperate for a spark....

I literally screamed at the TV when i saw this trade announced

Closed Thread