HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

jason ward

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 10:45 PM
boilerrm

vCash: 500
jason ward

jason ward should change his last name to audette, he's deserves better then a shift or 2 a period.what has audette done lately that he should gets 15 mins a game.hopefully they will try to send him down to the bulldogs and some other team will grab him and give him the chance he deserves.

Old
10-12-2003, 12:51 AM
Mike8

It's about salary. There's more invested in Audette, so the team can't afford to not at least try to help him along in fulfilling that investment.

Old
10-12-2003, 03:24 AM
Marksman

I think his icetime will rise when Habs have functional 4th line which does not include Dwyer every night and has either Begin or Kilger at center. His problem is he didnt have special camp like other young forwards who are pegged for more offensive lines. Right now he doesnt have 4th line partners who are capable of playing 10 minutes reliably - but things will change over course of the season.

Old
10-12-2003, 04:47 AM
boilerrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2
I think his icetime will rise when Habs have functional 4th line which does not include Dwyer every night and has either Begin or Kilger at center. His problem is he didnt have special camp like other young forwards who are pegged for more offensive lines. Right now he doesnt have 4th line partners who are capable of playing 10 minutes reliably - but things will change over course of the season.
i still don't understand why audette who again was given every chance(1st line,pp,)to do something during camp did nothing,and still he's treated like a star.i wonder what ward could do with audette's time.as far as kilger goes when he returns i would like to see him center our checking line.

Old
10-12-2003, 04:50 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerrm
i still don't understand why audette who again was given every chance(1st line,pp,)to do something during camp did nothing,and still he's treated like a star.i wonder what ward could do with audette's time.as far as kilger goes when he returns i would like to see him center our checking line.
Ryder and Perreault supplied Audette with so much icetime because of their play, he road their coat tails. Ward didn't have the privlage because he was playing with a rookie centrem,an and it was against a rival and conferance foe in the Leafs. Things will changes for both Ward and Higgins, in time.

Old
10-12-2003, 04:54 AM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
I agree , Audette is starting to dump the puck more often than Dackell .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Things will changes for both Ward and Higgins, in time.
Higgins AHL
Ward 3/4th line ... With Sundstrom out he just have to outplay Dackell in order to move up in the depth chart give him his chance on the 3rd .

Old
10-12-2003, 06:01 AM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Things will changes for both Ward and Higgins, in time.
If Ward wants things to change, he must improve his skating. It might not have been an issue in the AHL, but from little I've seen of him last night, his skating was laborious. He lacks the ability to do lateral movements. Skating is what seperates Ward and Ryder right now. I don't consider Ryder to be a very good skater (there IS room for improvement), but it won't hinder him as much as Ward.

As much as I dislike Audette, I wouldn't switch him with Ward on the 2nd line as of now. That being said, I would try out Ward on the 3rd line in place of Dackell. Seing as Bulis is a very good skater, Ward will have to work his ass off to keep up. If we want Ward to improve, we have to give him a better challenge. Ho, and let's scratch Dackell !

3rd : Bulis-Juneau-Ward
4th : Langdon-Higgins-Dwyer

Old
10-12-2003, 06:06 AM
ttnorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
This is how you develop a top prospect? I don't think so.

Old
10-12-2003, 06:11 AM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttnorm
This is how you develop a top prospect? I don't think so.
And that would be why Higgins is not staying ! Playing 3-4 games on the 4th won't kill him. It's either that or the healthy scratch for him. If you ask Higgins, I'll bet he'll take the 4th over the healthy scratch anyday !

Old
10-12-2003, 06:27 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
If Ward was paid around 3 Million a year, and Audette earned what Ward currently makes, I think you'd see a change in where the two of them play.

Old
10-12-2003, 07:42 AM
boilerrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
If Ward wants things to change, he must improve his skating. It might not have been an issue in the AHL, but from little I've seen of him last night, his skating was laborious. He lacks the ability to do lateral movements. Skating is what seperates Ward and Ryder right now. I don't consider Ryder to be a very good skater (there IS room for improvement), but it won't hinder him as much as Ward.

As much as I dislike Audette, I wouldn't switch him with Ward on the 2nd line as of now. That being said, I would try out Ward on the 3rd line in place of Dackell. Seing as Bulis is a very good skater, Ward will have to work his ass off to keep up. If we want Ward to improve, we have to give him a better challenge. Ho, and let's scratch Dackell !

3rd : Bulis-Juneau-Ward
i wouldn't move ward to the 2nd line either i would bump audette with ryder and move ward to the 3rd line.as for the 4th i would rather see begin centering langdon and dwyer and with higgins getting lots of ice time in ahl for now.as for wards skating its pretty hard to get going when you have to sit for 15 to 20 mins and then go out against the other teams goon line for 30 seconds.so let's scratch audette at least dackell help's out defencively.

Old
10-12-2003, 07:51 AM
Orange

Quote:
as for the 4th i would rather see begin centering langdon and dwyer and with higgins getting lots of ice time in ahl for now.
I can't agree more, but considering Higgins is on borrowed time in the NHL, it can't hurt to give him a few minutes a game on the 4th. Unless a wave of injuries hit us next week, Higgins' cut to the AHL is innevitable given the current roster situation.

If either Langdon or Dwyer can play the RW, I do like a 4th consisting of Langdon-Begin-Dwyer !

Closed Thread