HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islander Lineup

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2003, 05:31 AM
PECAhead

vCash: 500
Islander Lineup

I know it's early in the year but I wouldn't mind seeing Sterling tweeking with the second line a bit. I think they should flip Parrish to LW and Blake to RW. It's obvious that Blake prefers RW because of his speed and left-handed shot.

As for Parrish, regardless of what wing he is on he will end up in front of the net anyway. Furthermore, I recall Parrish playing a little LW in Florida aswell. Finally, I think Parrish has a great release and shot that he can utilize more coming from his off-wing. I also remember that move he used coming off of LW against Tamba Bay last year.

Otherwise, I really like the Bates-Scatchard-Asham line he had going against Buffalo the other night. All three of them are capable of getting 15-20 something goals and 35-45 points. While being gritty, fast and defensive responsiblilities.

Old
10-13-2003, 07:34 AM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PECAhead
I know it's early in the year but I wouldn't mind seeing Sterling tweeking with the second line a bit. I think they should flip Parrish to LW and Blake to RW. It's obvious that Blake prefers RW because of his speed and left-handed shot.

As for Parrish, regardless of what wing he is on he will end up in front of the net anyway. Furthermore, I recall Parrish playing a little LW in Florida aswell. Finally, I think Parrish has a great release and shot that he can utilize more coming from his off-wing. I also remember that move he used coming off of LW against Tamba Bay last year.

Otherwise, I really like the Bates-Scatchard-Asham line he had going against Buffalo the other night. All three of them are capable of getting 15-20 something goals and 35-45 points. While being gritty, fast and defensive responsiblilities.
One of the things never tried by Goring and Laviolette is to move Parrish to left wing but his goal totals make that a risky proposition and now that has a few goals, he's due for a bunch because that's his career trend.

I agree with you about Blake but I'm not sure what they can do other then move Asham around and try and to balance things out as best they can because they have too many forwards and no place to send them.

Old
10-13-2003, 10:15 AM
DiPietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PECAhead

That def makes sense, but it will take some time for Mark to get used to LW. But it really does not matter, because Blake is all over the place anyway, and Parrish is in front of the net like you said. The only thing they can do is put Paps on that line from time to time. So far everything seems to be clicking, evry line sems to be doing well.

Closed Thread