HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zach Werenski - Update: Signs 3-yr ELC (p. 15)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2015, 02:46 PM
  #51
Savitar
AKA Jose
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,184
vCash: 500
Werenski

London Knights fan coming in peace, just wanted to ask if anyone knows or feels Werenski will sign an ELC and forgo his NCAA and report to London, there are alot of anxious Knights fans wanting to know his fate, I am not holding my breath. If he reports great but if not then I sujppose its good for his development

Savitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2015, 02:56 PM
  #52
CBJWennberg10
It's Playoff Time
 
CBJWennberg10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 20,618
vCash: 500
Nothing concrete yet but it appears that he seems set on returning to Michigan

CBJWennberg10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2015, 11:03 PM
  #53
Sergei Berezin
You're Wrong
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,440
vCash: 500
Hey guys.

Quick little tidbit I wanted to share, and you don't have to believe me, BUT

People around the Knights believe that there's an 80% chance that Werenski plays for them this season, and the odds are continually getting better.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2015, 11:21 PM
  #54
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,686
vCash: 250
What leads you to believe this? I personally think Jarmo is gonna push him to go the CHL route, no evidence just personal belief.

BoonesJenner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2015, 08:08 AM
  #55
Skinnyjimmy08
WorldTraveler
 
Skinnyjimmy08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonesJenner View Post
What leads you to believe this? I personally think Jarmo is gonna push him to go the CHL route, no evidence just personal belief.
Ya ive heard that too... we will see

Skinnyjimmy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2015, 08:45 AM
  #56
candyman82
Registered User
 
candyman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonesJenner View Post
What leads you to believe this? I personally think Jarmo is gonna push him to go the CHL route, no evidence just personal belief.
I think that's probably what happens.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2015, 02:38 PM
  #57
CBJWennberg10
It's Playoff Time
 
CBJWennberg10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 20,618
vCash: 500
It's believed we push our prospects to play Major Juniors over college due to the games played and practice time. But I still believe Werenski will be in Michigan because I believe thats where he wants to be

CBJWennberg10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2015, 02:54 PM
  #58
Johansen2Foligno
Registered User
 
Johansen2Foligno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 4,360
vCash: 500
I will only worry if he transfers to the University of Minnesota...Duluth

Johansen2Foligno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2015, 05:07 PM
  #59
TheOllieC
cajun filet
 
TheOllieC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 12,506
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johansen2Foligno View Post
I will only worry if he transfers to the University of Minnesota...Duluth
yeah it would suck if he became the next justin faulk

TheOllieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2015, 07:31 PM
  #60
tjziel
Registered User
 
tjziel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 500
Anymore news on the Zach Werenski front?? Is he gonna sign an ELC and head to London, or is Jarmo going to let him play it out in Michigan??

tjziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2015, 07:52 PM
  #61
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,686
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjziel View Post
Anymore news on the Zach Werenski front?? Is he gonna sign an ELC and head to London, or is Jarmo going to let him play it out in Michigan??
Just a gut feeling, but if he were going to sign and go play for London I think he would have done it by now. I mean he's still got a little time left to decide, but not much.

BoonesJenner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2015, 12:16 PM
  #62
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 22,080
vCash: 500
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=776456

Quote:
Werenski confirmed for NHL.com that he will return to the University of Michigan for his sophomore year.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2015, 12:40 PM
  #63
Nordique
I ain't even mad
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
He is still very young, not a big deal. I hope he dominates, wins a college title and is in the NHL by 2017/18.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2015, 01:31 PM
  #64
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,505
vCash: 500
I would have liked him signed and playing at least a year of juniors. If he doesn't sign after this season, I'll start to worry.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2015, 02:05 PM
  #65
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I would have liked him signed and playing at least a year of juniors. If he doesn't sign after this season, I'll start to worry.
Don't see why finishing up your college education is worrisome. Having said that they really need to clean up that garbage loophole in the CBA. A 22 year old shouldn't be able to get out of his draft obligations like that.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2015, 02:20 PM
  #66
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Don't see why finishing up your college education is worrisome. Having said that they really need to clean up that garbage loophole in the CBA. A 22 year old shouldn't be able to get out of his draft obligations like that.
You answered your own question. Nothing against education but because that garbage is in the CBA and will most likely remain for the duration, I will worry until he signs. Not a lot right now just will worsen each year he doesn't sign.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2015, 02:33 PM
  #67
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
You answered your own question. Nothing against education but because that garbage is in the CBA and will most likely remain for the duration, I will worry until he signs. Not a lot right now just will worsen each year he doesn't sign.
I didn't pose a question.

Meh, he seems like a good kid and I don't see another jackass situation. The vast majority of college kids don't play that game. Life's too short to worry about something like this.

He'll be pretty close to home. So unless he just has to play for the Wings I don't see much of an issue.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2015, 02:46 PM
  #68
stevo61
Registered User
 
stevo61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,806
vCash: 500
Is Michigan supposed to be worse this year? I see they lost their top 3 scorers from last year but did gain Conner and the younger ones are a year older. Wouldn't be surprised if this year hes gonna be expected to be relied upon much more defensively so I wonder how his offensive numbers will look when its all said and done

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2015, 12:04 AM
  #69
hardkorejackets
Registered User
 
hardkorejackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Coldwater, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 380
vCash: 678
Was kind of "selfishly" hoping he would sign with the London Knights as that is a professionally ran youth organization that should be very good again this year. He would also get a chance to play an NHL schedule, and be signed to an ELC soon. However, the decision is ultimately up to him and I can't fault him either way.

I'm not too worried about him pulling a Mike Reilly at this time. However, I am kind of curious to see how he progresses this season and what next off-season holds.

hardkorejackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2015, 11:23 PM
  #70
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,779
vCash: 500
If Werenski is anywhere near as good as Jarmo thinks he will be (Jarmo had him 4th oa), then Werenski wont need 3 more years of college to be nhl ready, and there won't be any loophole.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2015, 12:24 AM
  #71
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,686
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
If Werenski is anywhere near as good as Jarmo thinks he will be (Jarmo had him 4th oa), then Werenski wont need 3 more years of college to be nhl ready, and there won't be any loophole.
I think it's possible he could make the team as soon as next year. I definitely would be suprised to see him make it within the next two season.s

BoonesJenner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2015, 03:54 AM
  #72
ndd17
Fire John Madden!
 
ndd17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Than earlier Werenski make the team, by that better for all. And for Blue Jackets and for him.

ndd17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2015, 09:37 AM
  #73
CBJWennberg10
It's Playoff Time
 
CBJWennberg10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 20,618
vCash: 500
No reason to compare him and Reilly at all. Werenski is going to be a Jacket. Unless he declines multiple ELC's I will continue to believe it

CBJWennberg10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2015, 08:18 PM
  #74
CBJfan4evr
Registered User
 
CBJfan4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Albany
Country: United States
Posts: 997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJWennberg41 View Post
No reason to compare him and Reilly at all. Werenski is going to be a Jacket. Unless he declines multiple ELC's I will continue to believe it
Huge risk we should not have taken. I would have felt alot better if he went to London to play. Wings waiting in the wings salivating...

CBJfan4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2015, 08:39 PM
  #75
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJfan4evr View Post
Huge risk we should not have taken. I would have felt alot better if he went to London to play. Wings waiting in the wings salivating...
I guess the Jets shouldn't have taken Roslovic either, right? I mean, every guy drafted is just going to refuse to sign, so they can sign with their hometown team.

RDriesenUD is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.