HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Milwaukee Admirals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2006, 01:17 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Noel said before that he thought Rinne was definitely ready for the NHL and really didn't have much more to prove with another stint in the AHL......do you think he still thinks that?........do you think he is ready?.......do you think the Preds think he is ready?
Like I said earlier, I think it all depends on his actions in the wake of this debacle. Players play bad games all the time. There isn't a player alive that hasn't played three of their worst games back-to-back-to-back. That it happened in the finals is unfortunate. What the Preds need to see is how he reacts to that disappointment. If he handles it well, I think he's in good shape. If not, then we'll see. Either way, I'd rather see him back in Milwaukee. He's still young and inexperienced. I'd rather him get more seasoning as a starter.

Old
06-18-2006, 08:59 AM
handtrick

Noel talks about next year.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=437426

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/sports/ar...iralswrap.html

Last edited by handtrick: 06-18-2006 at 09:13 AM.
Old
06-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
One question before you go....and this is all in fun, mind you......if you take away the goal scored on the 5 on 3 in the first, the Ads still win 1-0....so the game outcome is the same....
you're right, the other goal was scored directly off a handpass that lead to a breakaway, that's how they caught the Bears on the line change, the guy swatted it half way across the ice from the neutral zone.

Old
06-26-2006, 08:27 PM
FacelessButcher

Just listening to Team 1260 in Edmonton Kevin Pendengrast (Oilers head scout) said the Edmonton Oilers and Milwaukee Admirals are going to have a split affiliation next year he said we would contribute approx. 10 players to your team. If this is old news my apologies

Old
06-26-2006, 08:32 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Just listening to Team 1260 in Edmonton Kevin Pendengrast (Oilers head scout) said the Edmonton Oilers and Milwaukee Admirals are going to have a split affiliation next year he said we would contribute approx. 10 players to your team. If this is old news my apologies
First I've heard of it. That sucks unless you guys give us Pronger. I like having our own farm system though we are now moving so many players out this year (Tootoo, Upshall, Weber, Klein, possibly ) as well as having several guys leave that this might be the best year to do it.

Old
06-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
First I've heard of it. That sucks unless you guys give us Pronger. I like having our own farm system though we are now moving so many players out this year (Tootoo, Upshall, Weber, Klein, possibly ) as well as having several guys leave that this might be the best year to do it.
How is the farm system's goaltending look? Is there room for an Oiler starter or atleast an Oiler goalie to play 40 games? Speaking of which, how is Vokoun doing? Is Mason going to be back in a backup role? Just trying to gauge if Devan Dubnyk or Jeff Drouin-Deslaurier has a spot.

Old
06-26-2006, 08:51 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli
How is the farm system's goaltending look? Is there room for an Oiler starter or atleast an Oiler goalie to play 40 games? Speaking of which, how is Vokoun doing? Is Mason going to be back in a backup role? Just trying to gauge if Devan Dubnyk or Jeff Drouin-Deslaurier has a spot.
There are only two scenarios in which DD or JDD gets anything but a handful of games.

1) Rinne lands the backup job in Nashville. Some people think this is likely. I'd rather him stay in Milwaukee.

2) Rinne or a Preds goalie gets injured. Probably not likely as it's never been a problem in the past. But he's never been a starter until early on last season, so his durability is still a concern.

Realistically, if Rinne is in Milwaukee next season, he's going to get 60+ games.

Old
06-30-2006, 02:53 PM
AdmiralPred

Agreed about Rinne. Sorry for the delayed reaction.

As an Ads fan, I could see there being a dual for this upcomming season given the amount of Nashville players that will be on their way out of Milwaukee for various reasons. Since it has been a few days - hss there been any thing new regarding this? There hasn't been a peep out of Milwaukee from the sources that I've looked up.

Old
07-12-2006, 12:41 PM
AdmiralPred

Finally was able to track down some substantiation in regards to Edmonton sending players to Milwaukee next season. Guy Flaming had sent me the link, click on Kevin Prendergast's name to listen to the interview. His reference to Milwaukee begins at the 11th minute of the interview.

In short, at the AHL meetings Edmonton has a "deal" with Nashville/Milwaukee where the Oilers hope to send up to 10 players, Prendergast has a history with Phil Whitliff (Ads GM), however, nothing has been signed.

Old
07-12-2006, 12:48 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I personally hope it doesn't go down, though it may have to, since so many guys are leaving(Gamache, Haydar, Pivko) and Nashville doesn't exactly have the biggest group of forwards to replace them, outside Widing, O'Reilly, Vigilante and Radulov.

Old
07-12-2006, 01:00 PM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I personally hope it doesn't go down, though it may have to, since so many guys are leaving(Gamache, Haydar, Pivko) and Nashville doesn't exactly have the biggest group of forwards to replace them, outside Widing, O'Reilly, Vigilante and Radulov.
From a Milwaukee fans perspective, I could see having to build up the forward corps due to the losses. Really, how much more time does Upshall and Tootoo need to spend in the AHL? I've pretty much counted them out of Milwaukee this upcomming season (according to the Tennesseean they are still able to clear waivers) and if Edmonton can supply a few extra players, that may take away the need to sign fringe AHLers, although guys like Chris Durno and Rich Peverly played very well last season. Adding some verteran players might help out, however, there is a large migration of AHLers to Europe this offseason.

Old
07-14-2006, 05:43 PM
jstreet

vCash: 1453
I heard a rumor that the Ads were changing their logo for the upcoming season. Is this true?

Old
07-14-2006, 05:58 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Does anyone have an idea of who will be playing in the AHL next season?

If I were to guess the 10 Oilers players, I'd say the Oilers would be looking to send Schremp, Roy, Syvret, Stortini, Young, Gilbert, Almtorp, Brodziak, Gilbert, and one of Jacques or Mihknov (whoever doesn't make the team out of camp). I was just wondering how that fits in with the Nashville players expected to be on the team as well.

And just in case you aren't familiar with these players:

C- Schremp, Brodziak, Almtorp
LW- Mihknov, Jacques, Gilbert
RW- Stortini
D- Syvret, Roy, Gilbert, Young

Old
07-15-2006, 04:49 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

hahaha

So we could see Schremp centering Radulov....

Old
07-15-2006, 12:37 PM
aspin

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Does anyone have an idea of who will be playing in the AHL next season?

If I were to guess the 10 Oilers players, I'd say the Oilers would be looking to send Schremp, Roy, Syvret, Stortini, Young, Gilbert, Almtorp, Brodziak, Gilbert, and one of Jacques or Mihknov (whoever doesn't make the team out of camp). I was just wondering how that fits in with the Nashville players expected to be on the team as well.

And just in case you aren't familiar with these players:

C- Schremp, Brodziak, Almtorp
LW- Mihknov, Jacques, Gilbert
RW- Stortini
D- Syvret, Roy, Gilbert, Young
Gilbert does not play both LW and D at the same time but perhaps you were meaning Goulet.

Old
07-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
hahaha

So we could see Schremp centering Radulov....
The Prospect board would love that. the Radulov vs Schremp threads would outnumber Crosby vs AO

Old
07-20-2006, 01:28 PM
AdmiralPred

Admirals GM Phil Wittliff to retire. You can check the story out on their webpage or on Oursports Central. 34 years in Milwaukee in every role imaginable in a hockey organization.

Milwaukee's Mr. Hockey.

Every now and then would skate laps during intermission.

Old
08-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Cerebral

It sounds like Nashville/Milwaukee pulled out of the deal. Are you guys graduating a bunch of prospects into the AHL this year or is the team simply going to filled with a number of veteran AHL lifers?

Old
08-02-2006, 01:13 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
It sounds like Nashville/Milwaukee pulled out of the deal. Are you guys graduating a bunch of prospects into the AHL this year or is the team simply going to filled with a number of veteran AHL lifers?
a little bit of both. there was going to be very little room on the top lines\defense, and i'm guessing they just didn't want to have to share.

daniel widing, mikko lehtonen, ville koistinen coming over from europe...cal o'reilly and john vigilante coming in from juniors, radulov possibly coming in...plus they signed a few journeyman AHLers...yonkman, endicott, abid, leahy, brookbank, goehring...then there are guys that are still around...segal, possibly zanon or klein, rich peverly, chris durno....

Old
08-02-2006, 01:18 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I heard a rumor that the Ads were changing their logo for the upcoming season. Is this true?
It's not a rumor and, IMO, it's one of the worst logos I have seen.

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/home/news/new-logo0

Yet another team going from a colorful jersey to a black one.

Old
08-02-2006, 04:25 PM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
It's not a rumor and, IMO, it's one of the worst logos I have seen.

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/home/news/new-logo0

Yet another team going from a colorful jersey to a black one.
I lost the link, but the darks will be grey with black sleeves. Besides that, "the kid" has been undead and wandering Lake Michigan for the past 25 years, his clothes faded. Give him a break. Plus, he's using his own skeletal leg as a hockey stick, now that's tough.

Old
08-03-2006, 09:40 AM
muddycreek*

READ MY LIPS! It's about marketing. Saturate the limited market for Milwaukee gear, change gear, sell everyone gear again! IT'S ABOUT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old
08-03-2006, 11:46 AM
AdmiralPred

Story is up on the AHL site and I am sure a thread will be started on this but, Todd Richards was named the head coach of the Baby Pens today. Tony Hrkac is currently working with the Admirals as a coaches assistant, I wonder if he moves to an assistant coach position?

Last edited by AdmiralPred: 08-03-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old
08-03-2006, 05:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred View Post
Story is up on the AHL site and I am sure a thread will be started on this but, Todd Richards was named the head coach of the Baby Pens today. Tony Hrkac is currently working with the Admirals as a coaches assistant, I wonder if he moves to an assistant coach position?
Think Ray Shero wasn't behind that?

Now...if we can just talk him into prying Trotz away to coach the Pens...

Old
08-04-2006, 01:16 PM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Think Ray Shero wasn't behind that?

Now...if we can just talk him into prying Trotz away to coach the Pens...
I'm sure Shero had just about everything to do with it. The Nashville to Pittsburgh pipeline is working very well, just as many of us (Preds and MilAds fans) predicted it would.

Milwaukee is becomming the proving ground for coaches on the rise:

Horachek
Richards
Sims (although he's taken his HC game to the lower minors)
Noel

to name a few recent bench bosses and assistants.

Hrkac is even on board now - although I do not know how effective of a coach he is as yet.

Question: With Noel still in the fold for probably one more season, and the Preds having built the team up to a very competatve level, if it came time to replace Trotz after this season, do you go out and try to get a proven NHL coach or insert a Noel or Horachek when the Preds may be only a few pieces from winning the Conference Finals?

Closed Thread