HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Milwaukee Admirals Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2006, 01:17 PM
  #251
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Noel said before that he thought Rinne was definitely ready for the NHL and really didn't have much more to prove with another stint in the AHL......do you think he still thinks that?........do you think he is ready?.......do you think the Preds think he is ready?
Like I said earlier, I think it all depends on his actions in the wake of this debacle. Players play bad games all the time. There isn't a player alive that hasn't played three of their worst games back-to-back-to-back. That it happened in the finals is unfortunate. What the Preds need to see is how he reacts to that disappointment. If he handles it well, I think he's in good shape. If not, then we'll see. Either way, I'd rather see him back in Milwaukee. He's still young and inexperienced. I'd rather him get more seasoning as a starter.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
06-18-2006, 08:59 AM
  #252
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Noel talks about next year.


http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=437426

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/sports/ar...iralswrap.html


Last edited by handtrick: 06-18-2006 at 09:13 AM.
handtrick is offline  
Old
06-18-2006, 10:21 AM
  #253
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
One question before you go....and this is all in fun, mind you......if you take away the goal scored on the 5 on 3 in the first, the Ads still win 1-0....so the game outcome is the same....
you're right, the other goal was scored directly off a handpass that lead to a breakaway, that's how they caught the Bears on the line change, the guy swatted it half way across the ice from the neutral zone.

Foy is offline  
Old
06-26-2006, 08:27 PM
  #254
FacelessButcher
Registered User
 
FacelessButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
Just listening to Team 1260 in Edmonton Kevin Pendengrast (Oilers head scout) said the Edmonton Oilers and Milwaukee Admirals are going to have a split affiliation next year he said we would contribute approx. 10 players to your team. If this is old news my apologies

FacelessButcher is offline  
Old
06-26-2006, 08:32 PM
  #255
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Just listening to Team 1260 in Edmonton Kevin Pendengrast (Oilers head scout) said the Edmonton Oilers and Milwaukee Admirals are going to have a split affiliation next year he said we would contribute approx. 10 players to your team. If this is old news my apologies
First I've heard of it. That sucks unless you guys give us Pronger. I like having our own farm system though we are now moving so many players out this year (Tootoo, Upshall, Weber, Klein, possibly ) as well as having several guys leave that this might be the best year to do it.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
06-26-2006, 08:46 PM
  #256
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
First I've heard of it. That sucks unless you guys give us Pronger. I like having our own farm system though we are now moving so many players out this year (Tootoo, Upshall, Weber, Klein, possibly ) as well as having several guys leave that this might be the best year to do it.
How is the farm system's goaltending look? Is there room for an Oiler starter or atleast an Oiler goalie to play 40 games? Speaking of which, how is Vokoun doing? Is Mason going to be back in a backup role? Just trying to gauge if Devan Dubnyk or Jeff Drouin-Deslaurier has a spot.

Soli is offline  
Old
06-26-2006, 08:51 PM
  #257
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli
How is the farm system's goaltending look? Is there room for an Oiler starter or atleast an Oiler goalie to play 40 games? Speaking of which, how is Vokoun doing? Is Mason going to be back in a backup role? Just trying to gauge if Devan Dubnyk or Jeff Drouin-Deslaurier has a spot.
There are only two scenarios in which DD or JDD gets anything but a handful of games.

1) Rinne lands the backup job in Nashville. Some people think this is likely. I'd rather him stay in Milwaukee.

2) Rinne or a Preds goalie gets injured. Probably not likely as it's never been a problem in the past. But he's never been a starter until early on last season, so his durability is still a concern.

Realistically, if Rinne is in Milwaukee next season, he's going to get 60+ games.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
06-30-2006, 02:53 PM
  #258
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Agreed about Rinne. Sorry for the delayed reaction.

As an Ads fan, I could see there being a dual for this upcomming season given the amount of Nashville players that will be on their way out of Milwaukee for various reasons. Since it has been a few days - hss there been any thing new regarding this? There hasn't been a peep out of Milwaukee from the sources that I've looked up.

AdmiralPred is offline  
Old
07-12-2006, 12:41 PM
  #259
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Finally was able to track down some substantiation in regards to Edmonton sending players to Milwaukee next season. Guy Flaming had sent me the link, click on Kevin Prendergast's name to listen to the interview. His reference to Milwaukee begins at the 11th minute of the interview.

In short, at the AHL meetings Edmonton has a "deal" with Nashville/Milwaukee where the Oilers hope to send up to 10 players, Prendergast has a history with Phil Whitliff (Ads GM), however, nothing has been signed.

AdmiralPred is offline  
Old
07-12-2006, 12:48 PM
  #260
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,174
vCash: 500
I personally hope it doesn't go down, though it may have to, since so many guys are leaving(Gamache, Haydar, Pivko) and Nashville doesn't exactly have the biggest group of forwards to replace them, outside Widing, O'Reilly, Vigilante and Radulov.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
07-12-2006, 01:00 PM
  #261
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I personally hope it doesn't go down, though it may have to, since so many guys are leaving(Gamache, Haydar, Pivko) and Nashville doesn't exactly have the biggest group of forwards to replace them, outside Widing, O'Reilly, Vigilante and Radulov.
From a Milwaukee fans perspective, I could see having to build up the forward corps due to the losses. Really, how much more time does Upshall and Tootoo need to spend in the AHL? I've pretty much counted them out of Milwaukee this upcomming season (according to the Tennesseean they are still able to clear waivers) and if Edmonton can supply a few extra players, that may take away the need to sign fringe AHLers, although guys like Chris Durno and Rich Peverly played very well last season. Adding some verteran players might help out, however, there is a large migration of AHLers to Europe this offseason.

AdmiralPred is offline  
Old
07-14-2006, 05:43 PM
  #262
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,725
vCash: 1453
I heard a rumor that the Ads were changing their logo for the upcoming season. Is this true?

jstreet is offline  
Old
07-14-2006, 05:58 PM
  #263
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,591
vCash: 50
Does anyone have an idea of who will be playing in the AHL next season?

If I were to guess the 10 Oilers players, I'd say the Oilers would be looking to send Schremp, Roy, Syvret, Stortini, Young, Gilbert, Almtorp, Brodziak, Gilbert, and one of Jacques or Mihknov (whoever doesn't make the team out of camp). I was just wondering how that fits in with the Nashville players expected to be on the team as well.

And just in case you aren't familiar with these players:

C- Schremp, Brodziak, Almtorp
LW- Mihknov, Jacques, Gilbert
RW- Stortini
D- Syvret, Roy, Gilbert, Young

misfit is offline  
Old
07-15-2006, 04:49 AM
  #264
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,480
vCash: 500
hahaha

So we could see Schremp centering Radulov....

triggrman is offline  
Old
07-15-2006, 12:37 PM
  #265
aspin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Does anyone have an idea of who will be playing in the AHL next season?

If I were to guess the 10 Oilers players, I'd say the Oilers would be looking to send Schremp, Roy, Syvret, Stortini, Young, Gilbert, Almtorp, Brodziak, Gilbert, and one of Jacques or Mihknov (whoever doesn't make the team out of camp). I was just wondering how that fits in with the Nashville players expected to be on the team as well.

And just in case you aren't familiar with these players:

C- Schremp, Brodziak, Almtorp
LW- Mihknov, Jacques, Gilbert
RW- Stortini
D- Syvret, Roy, Gilbert, Young
Gilbert does not play both LW and D at the same time but perhaps you were meaning Goulet.

aspin is offline  
Old
07-15-2006, 07:39 PM
  #266
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
hahaha

So we could see Schremp centering Radulov....
The Prospect board would love that. the Radulov vs Schremp threads would outnumber Crosby vs AO

Gnashville is offline  
Old
07-20-2006, 01:28 PM
  #267
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Admirals GM Phil Wittliff to retire. You can check the story out on their webpage or on Oursports Central. 34 years in Milwaukee in every role imaginable in a hockey organization.

Milwaukee's Mr. Hockey.

Every now and then would skate laps during intermission.

AdmiralPred is offline  
Old
08-02-2006, 12:24 AM
  #268
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,706
vCash: 500
It sounds like Nashville/Milwaukee pulled out of the deal. Are you guys graduating a bunch of prospects into the AHL this year or is the team simply going to filled with a number of veteran AHL lifers?

Cerebral is offline  
Old
08-02-2006, 01:13 AM
  #269
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
It sounds like Nashville/Milwaukee pulled out of the deal. Are you guys graduating a bunch of prospects into the AHL this year or is the team simply going to filled with a number of veteran AHL lifers?
a little bit of both. there was going to be very little room on the top lines\defense, and i'm guessing they just didn't want to have to share.

daniel widing, mikko lehtonen, ville koistinen coming over from europe...cal o'reilly and john vigilante coming in from juniors, radulov possibly coming in...plus they signed a few journeyman AHLers...yonkman, endicott, abid, leahy, brookbank, goehring...then there are guys that are still around...segal, possibly zanon or klein, rich peverly, chris durno....

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
08-02-2006, 01:18 PM
  #270
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I heard a rumor that the Ads were changing their logo for the upcoming season. Is this true?
It's not a rumor and, IMO, it's one of the worst logos I have seen.

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/home/news/new-logo0

Yet another team going from a colorful jersey to a black one.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
08-02-2006, 04:25 PM
  #271
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
It's not a rumor and, IMO, it's one of the worst logos I have seen.

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/home/news/new-logo0

Yet another team going from a colorful jersey to a black one.
I lost the link, but the darks will be grey with black sleeves. Besides that, "the kid" has been undead and wandering Lake Michigan for the past 25 years, his clothes faded. Give him a break. Plus, he's using his own skeletal leg as a hockey stick, now that's tough.

AdmiralPred is offline  
Old
08-03-2006, 09:40 AM
  #272
muddycreek*
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Hick
Country: Ireland
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
READ MY LIPS! It's about marketing. Saturate the limited market for Milwaukee gear, change gear, sell everyone gear again! IT'S ABOUT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

muddycreek* is offline  
Old
08-03-2006, 11:46 AM
  #273
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Story is up on the AHL site and I am sure a thread will be started on this but, Todd Richards was named the head coach of the Baby Pens today. Tony Hrkac is currently working with the Admirals as a coaches assistant, I wonder if he moves to an assistant coach position?


Last edited by AdmiralPred: 08-03-2006 at 11:53 AM.
AdmiralPred is offline  
Old
08-03-2006, 05:32 PM
  #274
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred View Post
Story is up on the AHL site and I am sure a thread will be started on this but, Todd Richards was named the head coach of the Baby Pens today. Tony Hrkac is currently working with the Admirals as a coaches assistant, I wonder if he moves to an assistant coach position?
Think Ray Shero wasn't behind that?

Now...if we can just talk him into prying Trotz away to coach the Pens...

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
08-04-2006, 01:16 PM
  #275
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Think Ray Shero wasn't behind that?

Now...if we can just talk him into prying Trotz away to coach the Pens...
I'm sure Shero had just about everything to do with it. The Nashville to Pittsburgh pipeline is working very well, just as many of us (Preds and MilAds fans) predicted it would.

Milwaukee is becomming the proving ground for coaches on the rise:

Horachek
Richards
Sims (although he's taken his HC game to the lower minors)
Noel

to name a few recent bench bosses and assistants.

Hrkac is even on board now - although I do not know how effective of a coach he is as yet.

Question: With Noel still in the fold for probably one more season, and the Preds having built the team up to a very competatve level, if it came time to replace Trotz after this season, do you go out and try to get a proven NHL coach or insert a Noel or Horachek when the Preds may be only a few pieces from winning the Conference Finals?

AdmiralPred is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.