HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Milwaukee Admirals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2006, 11:21 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Ads take game one over the Iowa Stars.

Old
04-21-2006, 11:25 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Good news all around. The entire Nashville organization go home as winners tonight and our neighbors/breathren to the north (Ottawa) also take home a victory in Game 1 of their series.

Old
04-26-2006, 08:53 AM
AdmiralPred

Thought I'd post up a little bit about the Ads. They have taken each of the first two games in Iowa and grabbed a 3-1 series lead. The loaner from the Oilers, Stortini, was an assist shy of a Gordie Howe Hat Trick scoring the game-winner in the third and dropping the gloves with Krys Barch right after the game's opening face-off kicking off a 50 penalty minute opening frame. The games that these two teams have played against eachother since right around the time Stortini joined the Ads, seem to get progressivly more emotional.

And Finley, Brian Finley stops 30 of 32 and is playing pretty well in this series given the fact that the Ads have spent even more time shorthanded than the Preds. However, the Ads sit in exactly the same spot they were in last year, up 3-1 with home ice.

Old
04-29-2006, 12:40 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred
And Finley, Brian Finley stops 30 of 32 and is playing pretty well in this series given the fact that the Ads have spent even more time shorthanded than the Preds. However, the Ads sit in exactly the same spot they were in last year, up 3-1 with home ice.
You had to say it...didn't you? The Stars have forced a 7th game in the series with a 5-1 victory tonight over Milwaukee, a game in which Brian Finley had to leave in the first period due to an unspecified injury after stopping the first 4 shots of the game. Jake Moreland (a Yale graduate I believe) allowed four third-period goals to take the loss.

Old
05-01-2006, 09:04 AM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake
You had to say it...didn't you? The Stars have forced a 7th game in the series with a 5-1 victory tonight over Milwaukee, a game in which Brian Finley had to leave in the first period due to an unspecified injury after stopping the first 4 shots of the game. Jake Moreland (a Yale graduate I believe) allowed four third-period goals to take the loss.
I know I had to say it, and you know what? The pre-series analysis I gave in one of the AHL threads rang true, even the injury (but how hard was it to predict that this season?), although Finley's confidence remaind in tact for the exception of his 5-goal fall-out in game 5 and the Ads win Game 7 this time around with their ECHL tender. Tootoo came back and helped out, which was sweet and I hope Pekka will be back this week to take the Ads the rest of the way.

Old
05-01-2006, 11:25 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred
I know I had to say it, and you know what? The pre-series analysis I gave in one of the AHL threads rang true, even the injury (but how hard was it to predict that this season?), although Finley's confidence remaind in tact for the exception of his 5-goal fall-out in game 5 and the Ads win Game 7 this time around with their ECHL tender. Tootoo came back and helped out, which was sweet and I hope Pekka will be back this week to take the Ads the rest of the way.

will upshall, suter or weber be able to play?

Old
05-01-2006, 11:52 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
will upshall, suter or weber be able to play?
Upshall, Rinne, and Weber are all on the playoff roster along with Tootoo...I would expect all of them to be involved in the Houston series.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=49517

Edit:

Poile confirms reassignment on website.

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/pr...p?story_id=897

Last edited by handtrick: 05-01-2006 at 07:03 PM.
Old
05-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Biggsy

Yeah there all available to play in Milwuakee and why was Weber outta the line up last night?

Old
05-01-2006, 07:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggsy
Yeah there all available to play in Milwuakee and why was Weber outta the line up last night?

To get Zidlicky into the lineup. No slight to Shea, Zids just played a really good game the night before, and we needed the offensive boost on the power play.

Old
05-02-2006, 01:54 AM
Lemmy The Law

any idea what is the injury Finley had?

Old
05-02-2006, 08:38 AM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy The Law
any idea what is the injury Finley had?
He's had some groin problems on and off this season, and the only thing the Milwaukee paper had was a "mysterious groin or shoulder injury", so the AHL is equally as secretive as the NHL that way. But, the radio/internet keeps refering to the groin injury, so I'm leaning that way.

Tootoo played game 7 and scored a goal and I saw the confirmation of Upshall, Weber, and Rinne. The Ads are going to need them against the Aeros and Josh Harding and Co. If Upshall plays the way he did before his last call-up this will be a great series. What really is going to help the Ads will be a powerplay line of Haydar-Gamache-Upshall-Pivko-Weber/Klein they will need the extra offense. I just hope the send-downs have some left in the tank to keep it going for a goodr run. As bad as Nashville's early exit was - it brings me relief as an Ads fan to have some of these guys back one last time.

Last edited by AdmiralPred: 05-02-2006 at 08:51 AM.
Old
05-05-2006, 10:47 AM
AdmiralPred

Big win by the Ads last night in Game 1 vs. a tough Houston team potting 5 against Josh Harding. Tootoo got the game winner with 19 sec. remaining and Classen was ready to throw at the final horn but, the scrape was broken up. Upshall was getting a bit lippy early in the game and then took a tough hooking penalty that allowed Houston a PP goal to tie the score 4-4 with under 2 minutes to play, but he made up for it assisting on Jordin's game-winner. Announcers made it sound as if Pekka was a bit rusty and allowed a softie near the end, but it's been a while since he's played at game speed I imagine. Defense seemes a bit suspect and Shea Weber had a few mishandles early in the game that gave the Aeros a few breaks. Bryan Lundbohm, former Admiral, had a big night against them, he has had some great games against Milwaukee this year, I had a feeling he might take off in Houston. But, always good to get the win in a physical, high-scoring contest sounds like the tone is set for the rest of the series.

Old
05-05-2006, 12:57 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
If that Ads can survive this series and give the newcomers time to gel, they could be in great shape. Upshall was arguably the best player in the A for the month after being sent down in January. Of course, 23 points (including 14 goals) in your first 9 games back will do that to you. Tootoo is a physical and disruptive force on the AHL level, and Weber is the arguably the best physical Dman in the league. Oh, and some kid named Rinne, he was only the starter for PlanetUSA in the All-Star game.

These are four of the best AHLers around and adding them to the roster could be a huge bonus if they gel. I know Houston was hoping the Preds would push past the Sharks so they wouldn't have to face these guys.

Life could be worse. At least Raddy's team won game 7. That means he'll be with Quebec for another 3 weeks. And Ryan Suter was named to Team USA and won't play in this series. If both those guys were available, the Ads could have iced a nice first line of incoming talent...

Tootoo-Upshall-Radulov

Weber-Suter

Rinne

Yeah, it certainly could have been worse.

Old
05-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Pred303

listening to the admiral-houston game two tonight..

3-0 admirals halfway thru the second.. weber with two goals (1 es,1 pp) and upshall with the other (pp).. rinne playing great so far...no parent in the lineup tonight

all of a sudden this is a mighty strong Milwaukee team with these predator additions

Old
05-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Pred303

and tootoo makes it 4-0 with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd, slapper from out front, his 3rd goal in three games with milwaukee in these playoffs

Old
05-06-2006, 08:29 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
listening to the admiral-houston game two tonight..

3-0 admirals halfway thru the second.. weber with two goals (1 es,1 pp) and upshall with the other (pp).. rinne playing great so far...no parent in the lineup tonight

all of a sudden this is a mighty strong Milwaukee team with these predator additions
make that 4-0.....TooooooooooooToooooooooo. lol

Old
05-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Pred303

make it 5 to 0 after two periods..tootoo with his second of the night.. the guy now has 4 goals in 3 playoff games since being sent down

Old
05-06-2006, 08:44 PM
handtrick

Quote:
make it 5 to 0 after two periods..tootoo with his second of the night.. the guy now has 4 goals in 3 playoff games since being sent down
Cheechoo better watch out next year, lol

Old
05-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Cheechoo better watch out next year, lol
toots with the natural hattrick at the start of the third... man is this kid on fire.. 6 to zip with 15 minutes to go

Old
05-06-2006, 09:22 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
toots with the natural hattrick at the start of the third... man is this kid on fire.. 6 to zip with 15 minutes to go
The newcomers are dominating this game accounting for 6 of the 7 goals. And Rinne sounds like he's playing pretty solid too.

Old
05-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Pred303

final 7-0 in game two... admirals sounded great obviously, especially former preds tootoo,weber,upshall,rinne.. rinne sounded like he played a great game as houston actually outshot the ads, had several pp's, and according to the announcer made no less than 4 or 5 'great' glove or post to post saves..

tootoo, upshall, weber simply dominated the game offensively.. with tootoo not only getting a hattrick but also hitting the crossbar later on what would have been goal 4.. weber scored the all important 2nd and 3rd goals that turned this one into a rout.. upshall scored the first one, led the team in shots, and was hated all over the ice..

parent was on the roster but didn't dress... don't know if he didn't make the game in time after being signed or whether he was simply a healthy scratch.. pivko returned from his latest injury and had a couple of assists and played well.. o'reilly got his first point as an admiral with an assist

Old
05-08-2006, 03:10 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Admirals win game 3 by the score of 7-4, with a 4 goal second period. Lead series 3-0. Game 4 is Tuesday night.

Goal scorers: Weber (PP), Gamache (SH), Haydar (SH), Upshall, Klein (SH), Pivko (PP), Tootoo (PP)

Rinne picked up an assist on Haydar's goal.

Milwaukee 3/11 on the PP, also score 3 SHG.

Gamache 1g 3a
Upshall/Haydar 1g 2a

Upshall +3, with 7 shots.

And Parent was on the radio during one of the intermissions. He still has a year of eligibility left in Juniors so he is not allowed to play with the Ads. He can skate and practice with them (which is what he is doing), but he can't play. That's why even though he is there, he is not playing. Which also means that next season it's either Nashville or JR's., no Milwaukee.

Old
05-08-2006, 06:32 AM
predperson

Short-handed goals pivotal in Game 3

Old
05-08-2006, 07:58 AM
AdmiralPred

Wow, the Preds are done and now ya'll steal what little thunder I had comming into the AHL playoffs. The additions were certainly timely since the Ads had to put down a scrappy Iowa team in 7 games with several ECHL and Rockford (UHL) players. Nice to have guys back in town who spent good chunks of the season here. Given the strength of the Aeros and their cake-walk over Peoria in round 1, I was expecting a closer series with fewer goals - but 19 in three games!! And the PP line of Pivko Haydar Gamache Weber and Upshall just rolls of the keyboard. I'm going to enjoy this playoff run.

Old
05-08-2006, 09:06 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
And Parent was on the radio during one of the intermissions. He still has a year of eligibility left in Juniors so he is not allowed to play with the Ads. He can skate and practice with them (which is what he is doing), but he can't play. That's why even though he is there, he is not playing. Which also means that next season it's either Nashville or JR's., no Milwaukee.
While Parent not being AHL eligible next year is no surprise and has been posted a few times on these boards, I'm was unaware that he's not allowed to play in the AHL right now. I had always thought that you could play in the A as long as you had a contract with that AHL team, and your junior season was over. You had to return, however, to your junior team at the end of the AHL season.

Closed Thread