HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eklund on the goalie musical chairs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2006, 02:27 PM
  #1
DRL
Streak killers!
 
DRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,167
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Eklund on the goalie musical chairs

Rumor-Biron to the Avs (e3) ...Theodore to Van... 01/07/2006 @ 10:26 AM

According to some very good sources the Sabres and Avalanche may be closing in on a deal that would send Martin Biron to the Avs...My source said the names being discussed the other way are reportedly, "Laperriere is their first choice, but I have also heard Laaksonen`s name mentioned."

The belief is that once Biron is dealt other goalie moves could follow shortly there after. "I hear Vancouver will be the next to move shortly after. Jose Theodore is the guy they have targeted it appears if Biron goes to Colorado. Montreal would have to take back some salary in that deal."

The X-Factor is still Martin Brodeur according to a good source. "If Elias continues to make the Devils a contender Brodeur stays and the other goalies move...If not, I am told it is very possible that Marty would wave his no-trade to go to Vancouver or Montreal...

DRL is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 02:31 PM
  #2
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,910
vCash: 500
As I understand the new CBA a team cannot "take back salary" as with Jagr and Linden in previous seasons.

Wetcoaster is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 02:34 PM
  #3
Realm
Registered User
 
Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,376
vCash: 500
He didnt physically mean money wise, but player wise. Someone who counts for that amount of money or near that.

Realm is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 02:34 PM
  #4
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0
 
RandV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,887
vCash: 50
Or he could just mean take back some salary in a contract like Cloutier or Morrison. Though Cloutier probably can't be traded now, but they could send him back in the offseason.

RandV is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 02:37 PM
  #5
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,619
vCash: 500
Darth's fearless goalie prediction: No goalie moves this winter with the possible exception of Buffalo moving one of Biron or Noronen.

And, at this point, I think Buffalo is going to want a lot more than Laperriere or Laaksonen in return (although I think these are the sort of players the Sabres could use).

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 02:38 PM
  #6
Corto
Faceless Man
 
Corto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Braavos
Country: Croatia
Posts: 12,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
Rumor-Biron to the Avs (e3) ...Theodore to Van... 01/07/2006 @ 10:26 AM

According to some very good sources the Sabres and Avalanche may be closing in on a deal that would send Martin Biron to the Avs...My source said the names being discussed the other way are reportedly, "Laperriere is their first choice, but I have also heard Laaksonen`s name mentioned."
Again, this one makes no sense...

If (when) the Sabres make a move for a forward it'll be either for a Weight-type #1 centre, or a Sykora-type #1 winger, playoff proven and all.

The team consists of two 2nd lines and two 3rd lines, with 14 guys vying for 12 spots (when everybody's healthy). Getting Laperriere or Laaksonen simply makes no sense for the Sabres.

Corto is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 02:40 PM
  #7
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,619
vCash: 500
I disagree with you there. Players like that are always useful at playoff time.

I'm not saying a deal involving Biron for one of those two would make sense, but that is another issue.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 02:41 PM
  #8
ArtG
Registered User
 
ArtG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
I can't even imagine what the Canucks would have to give up to get Theo or Brodeur. Probably something involving Luc Bourdon.. I sure hope not though.

ArtG is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 02:42 PM
  #9
bleedgreen
Moderator
 
bleedgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 10,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto
Again, this one makes no sense...

If (when) the Sabres make a move for a forward it'll be either for a Weight-type #1 centre, or a Sykora-type #1 winger, playoff proven and all.

The team consists of two 2nd lines and two 3rd lines, with 14 guys vying for 12 spots (when everybody's healthy). Getting Laperriere or Laaksonen simply makes no sense for the Sabres.
dont know about sykora, but i really dont think youre getting weight for biron. youre taking whatever anyone will give you if they take his salary. laaksanen would be pretty good return, even if you didnt need him.

bleedgreen is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 02:43 PM
  #10
GhostofKenKlee
Registered User
 
GhostofKenKlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Downtown Trenton
Country: Puerto Rico
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 500
Consider the Source..

Its Eklund, he brings nothing to the table. So far his "sources" and blogs are as good as any posted on this board.

GhostofKenKlee is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 02:54 PM
  #11
Tadite
Registered User
 
Tadite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josetheodore
Its Eklund, he brings nothing to the table. So far his "sources" and blogs are as good as any posted on this board.

I think we should have a rule. NO EKLUND POSTS!

Tadite is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 02:54 PM
  #12
Corto
Faceless Man
 
Corto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Braavos
Country: Croatia
Posts: 12,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
dont know about sykora, but i really dont think youre getting weight for biron. youre taking whatever anyone will give you if they take his salary. laaksanen would be pretty good return, even if you didnt need him.
No, I don't think the Blues even need Biron with Schwarz in their system... But IF Biron is dealt, I (and most Sabre fans I think) expect it to be:
a) for a legit top-6 forward (maybe an underachiver or an UFA... maybe overpaid... less likely)
b) a good solid prospect/pic....more likely.. which would then be moved for a guy like Weight to a team looking to the future, like St. Louis

Corto is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 03:46 PM
  #13
Zaddik
 
Zaddik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,656
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Zaddik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto
No, I don't think the Blues even need Biron with Schwarz in their system... But IF Biron is dealt, I (and most Sabre fans I think) expect it to be:
a) for a legit top-6 forward (maybe an underachiver or an UFA... maybe overpaid... less likely)
b) a good solid prospect/pic....more likely.. which would then be moved for a guy like Weight to a team looking to the future, like St. Louis
absurd absurd absurd.

you and the rest of the buffalo faithful will be doing nothing but setting yourselves up for disappointment if this kind of sentiment reflects your views on the value of biron.

Zaddik is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 04:26 PM
  #14
TVanek26*
 
TVanek26*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Buffalo,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,583
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Just wait and see.Darcy Regier is the one who get's the better end of the deal 99% of the time.His patiency will pay off in the end.

TVanek26* is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 04:32 PM
  #15
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,806
vCash: 500
Awards:
Personally, I'd love to see Laperriere in Buffalo. He's a versatile guy who plays the game with an edge. When he hit the market from LA, he was someone I was hoping would show up in a Sabre uniform.

I'm still expecting Biron or Noronen to go for a pick. And to a Western team. What happens to that pick however, is where they will likely try to improve a touch for the playoffs.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 06:02 PM
  #16
benji
Took too much, man.
 
benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Too much.
Posts: 10,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite
I think we should have a rule. NO EKLUND POSTS!
What an original idea!

benji is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 07:20 PM
  #17
AnthroPagan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sussex, NB
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
His patiency will pay off in the end.[/QUOTE]


AnthroPagan is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 07:21 PM
  #18
cyrisweb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
The X-Factor is still Martin Brodeur according to a good source. "If Elias continues to make the Devils a contender Brodeur stays and the other goalies move...If not, I am told it is very possible that Marty would wave his no-trade to go to Vancouver or Montreal...
I don't see that happening till the trade deadline regardless.

But out of curiosity.. hows this sound

Bourdon, Ellis/Shneider, Allen
for
Brodeur, White, and a draft pick

That wouldn't work..actually because ofthe cap.. something like that though would be what NJ would be looking for.

cyrisweb is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 07:56 PM
  #19
Corto
Faceless Man
 
Corto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Braavos
Country: Croatia
Posts: 12,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaddik
absurd absurd absurd.

you and the rest of the buffalo faithful will be doing nothing but setting yourselves up for disappointment if this kind of sentiment reflects your views on the value of biron.
Why would that be absurd? You think the Canucks wouldn't part with something like Koltsov and a 2nd/3rd for Biron?

Corto is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 08:19 PM
  #20
Phanuthier*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murder capital (Edm)
Posts: 10,675
vCash: 500
If Montreal deals Theodore or NJ deals Brodeur, who plays goal for them?

On a strictly value POV, get ready to bend over. Simple rule of supply and demand, and goaltenders value go up every day. Luc Bourdon? That'll probably get you Roloson at best (Roloson is not only a top goalie in the league, but a low salary which is very attractive to high payroll teams). You want a goalie was Theodore or Brodeur? Try Bourdon, Kesler and a 1st., or Markus Naslund.

Phanuthier* is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 08:21 PM
  #21
Sharksurfer
Registered User
 
Sharksurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto
Why would that be absurd? You think the Canucks wouldn't part with something like Koltsov and a 2nd/3rd for Biron?
Not a Sabres fan, but I agree with them: it's a seller's market for goalies right now, and there are at least a few playoff and borderline-playoff teams that would definitely be improved by having Biron between the pipes.

Also, Buffalo doesn't have to trade Biron, his contract isn't anything they need to get off the books. If a team doesn't think Biron is a legit #1, they shouldn't trade for him. If they do, they will have to pay the price for a #1 goalie.

Sharksurfer is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 08:24 PM
  #22
Phanuthier*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murder capital (Edm)
Posts: 10,675
vCash: 500
I laughed when I saw Lapariarre for Biron. Try Alex Tanguay instead.

Would would Buffalo want to deal Biron? Try Noranan instead. Even that'll cost you a Wolski or another top prospect.

Phanuthier* is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 10:18 PM
  #23
ColoradoHockeyFan
Registered User
 
ColoradoHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Denver area
Country: United States
Posts: 9,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier
Try Alex Tanguay instead.
Try again.

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 10:35 PM
  #24
Phanuthier*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murder capital (Edm)
Posts: 10,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHockeyFan
Try again.
Then your not getting Biron.

Simple as that

Phanuthier* is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 10:36 PM
  #25
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 39,205
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier
Then your not getting Biron.

Simple as that


If Buffalo asked for Tanguay for Biron, Lacroix would just laugh and hang up.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.