HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

MTL Proposals (COL-VAN-MIN--yes theo is in)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2006, 11:18 PM
  #1
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,436
vCash: 500
MTL Proposals (COL-VAN-MIN--yes theo is in)

here is some proposal I came up with. Of course it's just for fun and will never happen so please don't take it too personal against you or your team if you don't like it. These trades follow eatch others and one doesn't really work if the other doesn't but would still be nice to have feed back base on value.

MTL: A.Tanguay, O.Vaananen
COL: J.Theodore, (MTL could add a little something/maybe a pick)

Don't know if COL would do this because losing Alex would be huge in the bad way. But maybe they could get something for Abi, go for Mogilny or something.

MTL: B.Morrison
VAN: R.Zednik

2 players that could use a change. Both kind of being called overated by some but also good players. Mostly a wash but different position that but teams could use. Zed with the Sedins could be nice. Morrison with Kovy would be nice too.

MTL: M.Fernandez, (maybe add something since Manny will be UFA)
MIN: M.Ribeiro, M.Dandenault

The big question here is...does Minny have any intention of trading Manny. It's not like Roloson can't get the job done. Manny will be UFA at season end, might or might not re-sing because of Roly and him wanting to be N1. Dandy would bring depht to this defence and Ribs bring solid potential offensive ability. And with Lemaire, hey he might become a two way player . I think Dandenault would be the key acquisition here but Rib is also nice to get.

One last thing, would any team be ready to acquide Bonk. Maybe in another salary dump(for Mogilny) or maybe something like Bonk+ 4th rounder for a depth player.(Washington- Mathieu Biron?)

Again nothing serious here, just for fun.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 11:28 PM
  #2
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Good luck getting the wild to agree to that one.

The Avs one I think is fair, but I think we might need to add a litte for Morrisson.

felixd is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 11:33 PM
  #3
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
MTL: A.Tanguay, O.Vaananen
COL: J.Theodore, (MTL could add a little something/maybe a pick)
Not a chance. Vaananen won't be moved.

Blake for Theodore.

__________________
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Legionnaire is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 11:40 PM
  #4
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Not a chance. Vaananen won't be moved.

Blake for Theodore.
Not a chance either.

36 YO UFA on the decline along with a bad season won't cut it. Tough, Theo does'nt have a great one either but still...

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 11:42 PM
  #5
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL
Not a chance either.

36 YO UFA on the decline along with a bad season won't cut it. Tough, Theo does'nt have a great one either but still...
Yes but it will clear up cap room for you the next few years. That's why it works.

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 11:43 PM
  #6
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
If Theodore gets traded to Colorado, the only player I see coming back our way is Tanguay or the french media here would have Gainey's head on a silver platter.

Malakhov is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 11:49 PM
  #7
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
If Theodore gets traded to Colorado, the only player I see coming back our way is Tanguay or the french media here would have Gainey's head on a silver platter.
I really don't see why some of you are so stuck on this. We've traded french canadian superstars before without getting french canadians back and no lynched the GM. Most recent example that comes to mind; Pierre Turgeon, we didn't get any french canadians back, but there was no uproar.

felixd is offline  
Old
01-07-2006, 11:51 PM
  #8
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Because the Habs had to trade one of Damphousse or Turgeon, both were french.

We'd lose a star if Theodore is traded, and most importantly, a french star.

Malakhov is offline  
Old
01-08-2006, 12:14 AM
  #9
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 29,216
vCash: 50
Gainey doesn't care about that, I don't imagine.

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
01-08-2006, 12:26 AM
  #10
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
I doubt it, even if he wouldn't, I'm not so sure Boivin doesn't care.

It's sad but it's a reality, just like we need billingual coaches. Heck, Gainey's here because he can also speak french, if he couldn't, he wouldn't be here.

Malakhov is offline  
Old
01-08-2006, 12:27 AM
  #11
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
Gainey doesn't care about that, I don't imagine.
I agree, but it is also true that if Theodore goes to COL, it will be for Tanguay...or maybe Hejduk, but I would see MTL push for Alex since he is younger. And at equal talent, you try to get the french one instead.

Has for the cap space for next year with Blake, well thats not what we need, we need players that can play. And we won't trade our star player just to cut salary, we have other players to trade for this. And with Koivu beign a UFA and others in their last year(Ribeiro, Bulis, Sundstrom), we will have cap space to use if we want.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline  
Old
01-08-2006, 01:22 AM
  #12
AnthroPagan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sussex, NB
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL
here is some proposal I came up with. Of course it's just for fun and will never happen so please don't take it too personal against you or your team if you don't like it. These trades follow eatch others and one doesn't really work if the other doesn't but would still be nice to have feed back base on value.

MTL: A.Tanguay, O.Vaananen
COL: J.Theodore, (MTL could add a little something/maybe a pick)

Don't know if COL would do this because losing Alex would be huge in the bad way. But maybe they could get something for Abi, go for Mogilny or something.

MTL: B.Morrison
VAN: R.Zednik

2 players that could use a change. Both kind of being called overated by some but also good players. Mostly a wash but different position that but teams could use. Zed with the Sedins could be nice. Morrison with Kovy would be nice too.

MTL: M.Fernandez, (maybe add something since Manny will be UFA)
MIN: M.Ribeiro, M.Dandenault

The big question here is...does Minny have any intention of trading Manny. It's not like Roloson can't get the job done. Manny will be UFA at season end, might or might not re-sing because of Roly and him wanting to be N1. Dandy would bring depht to this defence and Ribs bring solid potential offensive ability. And with Lemaire, hey he might become a two way player . I think Dandenault would be the key acquisition here but Rib is also nice to get.

One last thing, would any team be ready to acquide Bonk. Maybe in another salary dump(for Mogilny) or maybe something like Bonk+ 4th rounder for a depth player.(Washington- Mathieu Biron?)

Again nothing serious here, just for fun.
From A Canucks POV...no thanks! I wouldn't do Morrison for Zednick straight up. And Carter is already working out nicely with the Twins. Add to that, the Canucks help Colorado get better in goal??? When they need help at the same position? ...ummm PASS!!

AnthroPagan is offline  
Old
01-08-2006, 01:52 AM
  #13
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL
I agree, but it is also true that if Theodore goes to COL, it will be for Tanguay...or maybe Hejduk, but I would see MTL push for Alex since he is younger. And at equal talent, you try to get the french one instead.

Has for the cap space for next year with Blake, well thats not what we need, we need players that can play. And we won't trade our star player just to cut salary, we have other players to trade for this. And with Koivu beign a UFA and others in their last year(Ribeiro, Bulis, Sundstrom), we will have cap space to use if we want.
If Theodore is playing like such a "star" how come you guys are looking to trade him?

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
01-08-2006, 01:53 AM
  #14
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Someone posted this on the Habs forum:

Jose Theodore + Richard Zednik + Jan Bulis + 2nd Round Pick

for

Alex Tanguay + Ossi Vaananen + Wojtek Wolski

It sounds good, what do you Avs fans think?

Malakhov is offline  
Old
01-08-2006, 02:30 AM
  #15
Maithz
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Someone posted this on the Habs forum:

Jose Theodore + Richard Zednik + Jan Bulis + 2nd Round Pick

for

Alex Tanguay + Ossi Vaananen + Wojtek Wolski

It sounds good, what do you Avs fans think?

Doubt AVS would agree with that

 
Old
01-08-2006, 02:32 AM
  #16
Belgian Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 11,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Someone posted this on the Habs forum:

Jose Theodore + Richard Zednik + Jan Bulis + 2nd Round Pick

for

Alex Tanguay + Ossi Vaananen + Wojtek Wolski

It sounds good, what do you Avs fans think?
NO thanks

Belgian Fan is offline  
Old
01-08-2006, 03:20 AM
  #17
Free Kassian
Registered User
 
Free Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,282
vCash: 500
I think you'll have a tough time swinging any deal past Avs fans that involves Alex Tanguay. He's a young, cheap star. Theodore is pushing 30, overpaid, and having a rotten year thus far. He doesn't hold much value, especially with the glut of goaltenders supposedly available for less. (read:Biron, etc)

Free Kassian is offline  
Old
01-08-2006, 03:38 AM
  #18
vitogor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minnesota
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL
MTL: M.Fernandez, (maybe add something since Manny will be UFA)
MIN: M.Ribeiro, M.Dandenault

The big question here is...does Minny have any intention of trading Manny. It's not like Roloson can't get the job done. Manny will be UFA at season end, might or might not re-sing because of Roly and him wanting to be N1. Dandy would bring depht to this defence and Ribs bring solid potential offensive ability. And with Lemaire, hey he might become a two way player . I think Dandenault would be the key acquisition here but Rib is also nice to get.
Not a chance from the Minnesota standpoint. I think it's becoming more and more obvious this season that Manny is the #1 guy (or at least more of a #1 than Roloson ). I think he will stay here until Harding is ready to shine, so if any one of the goalies gets traded this season it will be Roloson. Then again, there is a very good chance that neither will get traded, especially now that the team is on a roll.

vitogor is online now  
Old
01-08-2006, 07:34 AM
  #19
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 17,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Someone posted this on the Habs forum:

Jose Theodore + Richard Zednik + Jan Bulis + 2nd Round Pick

for

Alex Tanguay + Ossi Vaananen + Wojtek Wolski

It sounds good, what do you Avs fans think?


These trade proposals are only getting worse and worse. Why would AVS do this?

Colorado Avalanche is online now  
Old
01-08-2006, 07:35 AM
  #20
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 17,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL

MTL: A.Tanguay, O.Vaananen
COL: J.Theodore, (MTL could add a little something/maybe a pick)
You are definately overvaluing Jose Theodore. I don't think any GM wants overpaid,struggling #1 goalie.

Colorado Avalanche is online now  
Old
01-08-2006, 09:05 AM
  #21
Habstract0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Because the Habs had to trade one of Damphousse or Turgeon, both were french.

We'd lose a star if Theodore is traded, and most importantly, a french star.

Huet can replace him, and he's really French!

Habstract0 is offline  
Old
01-08-2006, 11:38 AM
  #22
MikeC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL
here is some proposal I came up with. Of course it's just for fun and will never happen so please don't take it too personal against you or your team if you don't like it. These trades follow eatch others and one doesn't really work if the other doesn't but would still be nice to have feed back base on value.

MTL: A.Tanguay, O.Vaananen
COL: J.Theodore, (MTL could add a little something/maybe a pick)

Don't know if COL would do this because losing Alex would be huge in the bad way. But maybe they could get something for Abi, go for Mogilny or something.

MTL: B.Morrison
VAN: R.Zednik

2 players that could use a change. Both kind of being called overated by some but also good players. Mostly a wash but different position that but teams could use. Zed with the Sedins could be nice. Morrison with Kovy would be nice too.

MTL: M.Fernandez, (maybe add something since Manny will be UFA)
MIN: M.Ribeiro, M.Dandenault

The big question here is...does Minny have any intention of trading Manny. It's not like Roloson can't get the job done. Manny will be UFA at season end, might or might not re-sing because of Roly and him wanting to be N1. Dandy would bring depht to this defence and Ribs bring solid potential offensive ability. And with Lemaire, hey he might become a two way player . I think Dandenault would be the key acquisition here but Rib is also nice to get.

One last thing, would any team be ready to acquide Bonk. Maybe in another salary dump(for Mogilny) or maybe something like Bonk+ 4th rounder for a depth player.(Washington- Mathieu Biron?)

Again nothing serious here, just for fun.

Avs would not do Tanguay for Theodore.....and for the trade that you just suggested...that pick needs to be a 1rst round....Theodore was great 1 year only...

MikeC is offline  
Old
01-08-2006, 11:54 AM
  #23
MikeC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Someone posted this on the Habs forum:

Jose Theodore + Richard Zednik + Jan Bulis + 2nd Round Pick

for

Alex Tanguay + Ossi Vaananen + Wojtek Wolski

It sounds good, what do you Avs fans think?
Dont forget, it comes from a Habs fan....seriously, stop drinking

MikeC is offline  
Old
01-08-2006, 12:24 PM
  #24
Phousse
Registered User
 
Phousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,600
vCash: 500
These proposals are ridiculous.

Phousse is offline  
Old
01-08-2006, 12:36 PM
  #25
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,367
vCash: 500
Minnesota and the Habs...Gainey and Riseborough...could be something there...

BLONG7 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.