HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Roberto Luongo merged thread for proposals -- new threads will be deleted

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2005, 03:52 AM
vcx*

vCash: 500
Neither can i, i was just stating what is already known via tsn.ca and other sports channels like headline sports.

Luongo will probably get traded at the deadline, to whom i could care less...as long as he is traded and its finally over with his proposals.

Old
11-25-2005, 10:02 AM
FlaPanthers7

I think I like the potential around this deal more than Vancouver...Havlat is just what we need because no one scores or is even a threat to score on this team but Horton. Emery is a good goalie prospect that could be a good starter next season while McLennan finishes off the year...then another prospect from Vancouver and probably a role guy like Huselius going back the other way. Huselius is so talented yet doesn't seem to fit into this team's philosophy, it makes me sad actually! I think he could flourish in Ottawa though.

Could be workable...

Old
11-25-2005, 10:12 AM
EHCler

Looks like a fair deal valuewise, maybe need to add a 3-4th rounder from the Ottawa side. Depending what happens to Ottawa's free agents over the summer Ottawa will look at trading Havlat to fill a hole in the team or to get cheaper. Havlat will have a good market as various teams will be looking to add a scoaring winger.

Old
11-25-2005, 11:04 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Florida would probably rather deal Luongo to Vancouver so they don't have to see him as often.

Old
11-25-2005, 12:25 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
Florida would probably rather deal Luongo to Vancouver so they don't have to see him as often.
I like this deal alot more than anything the nucks could offer, i just dont want jovo for the last freakin time.
Havlat is a great young player, and Emery is a good solid goaltending prospect, Sens may need to add another pick or mid-tier prospect, but Havlat would fit the panthers needs great.

Luongo, Huselius for Emery, Havlat and 2 rounder?

lol, im usually awful at making up trade proposals.

Old
11-25-2005, 12:30 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Neither are bad proposals.

To whoever said adding a signed Redden/Chara..that is WAY overpayment. Chara alone is worth Luongo in my opinion.

It'd probably work out for both teams I think.

Old
11-25-2005, 12:36 PM
The King of Town

I think if Ottawa could land a signed Luongo in the off-season, I'd promptly soil myself, then throw a huge party.

Frankly I'm surprised that the Florida fans are okay with this deal... Not that it's off value-wise, but simply that Luongo is their best player, and usually fans of other teams try to undervalue Havlat.

Old
11-25-2005, 12:38 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
The Sens might not be able to afford Havlat, how are they going to be able to afford Luongo? The cap doesn't allow this deal. There would need to be another contract going the other way.

Old
11-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

I think Havlat for Luongo is an excellent base for a potential trade. Great suggestion by the original poster.

Old
11-25-2005, 12:48 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Luongo-Bouwmeester for Havlat-Redden-Emery (assuming Keenan has a deal worked out with Redden before he hits UFA market). Sure, Keenan may just as well wait a few weeks, but a UFA Redden is going to ask for more - especially since he is showing Norris form thus far.

If the Sens sign Redden to a reasonable deal in January, they have no need to trade him. No other player in the Senators would sign a long-term deal if Muckler's prime strategy is to sign and trade.

I just don't see the two to be good trading partners. The way Hasek has been playing and from what he has said in terms of his intentions, it seems like he would like to play one more season.

Old
11-25-2005, 03:56 PM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
The Sens might not be able to afford Havlat, how are they going to be able to afford Luongo? The cap doesn't allow this deal. There would need to be another contract going the other way.
Spoilsport!

The way I see it, after Hasek leaves we'll have to decide to go with a great goalie and less up-front talent, or a cheap goalie (but hopefully good) and lots of good skaters. Personally I like the second approach but I'm not discounting the first. Lots of teams that have followed that approach have had good success.

Old
11-25-2005, 06:49 PM
hockeyGod

Just a thought...

Nabokov, Stuart and Sturm
for
Luongo, JBO

or

Stuart + 1st
for
Luongo

Old
11-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Lars

Send a message via MSN to Lars
TO CANUCKS

Florida

TO FLORIDA

Clouts', Bourdon, Schnieder, 1st in 2008

Old
11-25-2005, 07:32 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44_bertuzzi_44
TO CANUCKS

Florida

TO FLORIDA

Clouts', Bourdon, Schnieder, 1st in 2008
we get the entire state?

Old
11-25-2005, 07:33 PM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi
we get the entire state?
Seems like a good deal to me

Old
11-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Lars

Send a message via MSN to Lars
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi
we get the entire state?

Yes Sir! We need some Florida fans, see if they approve of this trade.

I would love to kick back on them beaches

Old
11-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44_bertuzzi_44
Yes Sir! We need some Florida fans, see if they approve of this trade.

I would love to kick back on them beaches
Unfortunately you have to take the panhandle too.

Old
11-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Unfortunately you have to take the panhandle too.
You can keep the Dolphins though.... and Ray Finkle.

Old
11-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Keenan: No major changes planned
Quote:
The Panthers appeared to be a desperate team after losing 12 straight games in a one-month span, but the club's leaders said now is the time for calm, even though the season is rapidly slipping away.

-----
Keenan's words won't stop rumors of a possible trades involving goalie Roberto Luongo, but winning might slow them down. Last week Keenan said he had not talked to anyone about trading Luongo or defenseman Jay Bouwmeester.
I think media reports are unrealiable at best from now on. Seems like the rumors are regurgitated and the GMs don't want to say anything indicating a trade whatever the situation is. However I have a hard time believing Keenan hasn't at least heard from someone interested in Luongo.

Old
11-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Keenan: No major changes plannedI think media reports are unrealiable at best from now on. Seems like the rumors are regurgitated and the GMs don't want to say anything indicating a trade whatever the situation is. However I have a hard time believing Keenan hasn't at least heard from someone interested in Luongo.
Keenan is a pathological liar when its in the media. He'll never tell you everything that's going on. But I go by the addage, where's there is smoke, there must be fire. If the team goes on another losing streak (my guess starting with Toronto on Monday), then the "no major changes planned" will quickly shift to "minor changes planned".

Old
11-26-2005, 05:44 PM
PapaBear*

To Van: Luongo
To Ana: Cloutier + Van 2nd Rd Pk
To Fla: Giguere + Bertuzzi + Van 1st Rd Pk.

Old
11-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Ch 4 Action News

Boston

To Bos - R.Luongo 3.2, J.Bouwmeester .945, N.Horton .942, and K.McArdle

To Fla - J.Thornton 6.66, A.Raycroft 1.35, S.Zinovjev

Old
11-27-2005, 03:04 AM
Kesler Kills Kommies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
To Van: Luongo
To Ana: Cloutier + Van 2nd Rd Pk
To Fla: Giguere + Bertuzzi + Van 1st Rd Pk.
vancouver lost this trade big time
dave nonis aint that stupid to give up that much for a goalie

Old
11-27-2005, 07:56 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Credit goes to Georgia Panther for posting this over on the Florida board (link credited to RangerBoy for posting on The Score Rumour: Van/Flo). But apparently, I did get into Keenan's ear and he finally listened about Budaj (or at the very least, Brooks' ear...hey maybe I'm the source and don't know it )
Quote:
From Brooks Sunday New York Post Slap Shots Column:

"November 27, 2005 -- NEARLY 10 years after pulling the Dec. 6, 1995 deal with Montreal for unhappy, elite goaltender Patrick Roy that positioned his team to become an NHL power, Colorado GM Pierre Lacroix is closing in on a trade for unhappy, accomplished Florida netminder Roberto Luongo, Slap Shots has been told by a league GM who's been involved with other talks with the Avalanche.
It's unknown just whom the Panthers would receive in return for the 26-year-old Luongo, who hasn't been close to the top of his game in the aftermath of being brought to arbitration by GM Mike Keenan, but we're told that the Panthers have no interest at all in goaltender David Aebischer, whose $1.9M contract the Avalanche have been aggressively shopping around the league without success.

The Panthers, like everyone else in the league, love rookie winger Marek Svatos. He, defenseman John-Michael Liles and freshman goaltender Peter Budaj all are earning the league minimum $450,000, and as such have both talent appeal to Keenan and financial appeal to the cheapo Florida ownership.

According to our source, the Canucks have dropped out of the bidding for Luongo, who is earning $3.2M, and for whom the Avalanche would have to create cap space. "
It also says that Vancouver is out of the running (makes sense because I doubt Keenan wants Cloutier and he'd have to be part of the deal).

Source: http://www.nypost.com/sports/58430.htm

Last edited by Coolburn: 11-27-2005 at 08:16 AM.
Old
11-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

It's also from Larry Brooks, magic 8-balls and the rambling guy on Pearl Street wearing tinfoil are more reliable sources.

What lends the rumor credibility is that it didn't come from Brooks (or Garrioch or Strachan) to begin with.

Closed Thread