HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Roberto Luongo merged thread for proposals -- new threads will be deleted

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Titanium

vCash: 500
I don't want this to end up off-topic, but does Hagman for a 7th change anything here? Does it suggest Florida is about to take on some salary in a Luongo deal...or am I (as is more likely) just reading too much into it?

Old
12-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium
am I (as is more likely) just reading too much into it?

Old
12-13-2005, 01:33 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium
I don't want this to end up off-topic, but does Hagman for a 7th change anything here? Does it suggest Florida is about to take on some salary in a Luongo deal...or am I (as is more likely) just reading too much into it?
lol reading too much in to it. Hagman was making 600k, and Florida are way under the cap that means the Hagman trade wasnt an effort to clear salary for a Luongo deal.

Old
12-13-2005, 03:52 PM
DRL

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
what about something a little different:

to col:
luongo
mclennan
hill

to fla:
budaj
kolesnik
vaananen
wolski

panthers get 2 young goalies, so there is better odds one pans out into a legit #1, gets a young d and fwd to build around and cuts salary by dumping hill.

avs dont need a yong backup if they have luongo as he'll be the long term future anyways, mclennan seems like a great team guy and a decent backup and gets along real well with the starters. the avs can then trade aebischer for some help on d or secondary scoring if need be.

Old
12-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17ster
lol reading too much in to it. Hagman was making 600k, and Florida are way under the cap that means the Hagman trade wasnt an effort to clear salary for a Luongo deal.
i thought the Panthers have a self-made 27 Mio. cap from their owner ?

Old
12-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
what about something a little different:

to col:
luongo
mclennan
hill

to fla:
budaj
kolesnik
vaananen
wolski

panthers get 2 young goalies, so there is better odds one pans out into a legit #1, gets a young d and fwd to build around and cuts salary by dumping hill.

avs dont need a yong backup if they have luongo as he'll be the long term future anyways, mclennan seems like a great team guy and a decent backup and gets along real well with the starters. the avs can then trade aebischer for some help on d or secondary scoring if need be.

No way I do that from the Avs perspective. For starters it won't work in the confines of the cap and two the Avs cannot afford to part with both of their youg goaltenders, UNLESS, they get a second line forward in return. If you set this up as Aebi and Budaj, or Aebi and Kolesnik then it could work from and Avs perspective and remove McClennan.

Old
12-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose'sMullet
No way I do that from the Avs perspective. For starters it won't work in the confines of the cap and two the Avs cannot afford to part with both of their youg goaltenders, UNLESS, they get a second line forward in return. If you set this up as Aebi and Budaj, or Aebi and Kolesnik then it could work from and Avs perspective and remove McClennan.
Wow.. I don't know what was worse. The proposal or the fact that Avs fans are turning it down.

Old
12-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
Wow.. I don't know what was worse. The proposal or the fact that Avs fans are turning it down.
There are some huge question marks surrounding Luongo right now...he is worth a risk but not that big of a risk. I know Fla covets him as a huge pawn, but I think it eident this season has devalued him considerably. He isn't worth dismatling an organization over.

Old
12-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose'sMullet
There are some huge question marks surrounding Luongo right now...he is worth a risk but not that big of a risk. I know Fla covets him as a huge pawn, but I think it eident this season has devalued him considerably. He isn't worth dismatling an organization over.
Dismantling an organization?

budaj
kolesnik
vaananen
wolski

Are you kidding me? Wolski is the only think offered that is worth a damn if I was the Panthers GM and he surely isn't enough to get Luongo.

These Avs proposals are getting worse than the Canucks ones.

Old
12-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:

budaj
kolesnik
vaananen
wolski

Are you kidding me? Wolski is the only think offered that is worth a damn if I was the Panthers GM and he surely isn't enough to get Luongo.

Not this proposal...but others I have seen. this one just doesn't make alot of sense to me. The deal wouldn't fit under the Cap for the Avs, like I said, if Aebi is interchanged for either Budaj or Kolesnik, then it could be workable. Again my alluding to dismantling an organization is more in reference to what I have seen in the way of the expectations of Fla fans.

Old
12-13-2005, 05:22 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

budaj
kolesnik
vaananen
wolski

What would you accept from the Avalanche? Would Svatos, Vaananen, Budaj, and Boychuk be enough? Is that too much from an Avs perspective?

Old
12-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Cloutier's out, is this the catalyst for a Luongo deal?

Vancouver does need a goalie, however is Auld enough of an enticement to get Luongo? And if Vancouver is more deserate to trade does that raise Luongo's value?

Old
12-14-2005, 05:55 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Cloutier's out, is this the catalyst for a Luongo deal?

Vancouver does need a goalie, however is Auld enough of an enticement to get Luongo? And if Vancouver is more deserate to trade does that raise Luongo's value?
To answer the first question, I doubt it. They'll probably see what Auld can do before even thinking of making a goaltending move and then if they do, it will be for someone like Biron/Noronen (sp?), Lalime, or Thibault.

Is Auld enough? Hell no (remember he used to be Panther property at one point). If Vancouver is that desparate, then possibly they'll up the value by offering more than what others may be offering. But without a legit starter to offer in return, I doubt they could beat any of the other offers that would be out there. But if Luongo starts playing better, then the offers may have to improve just because of that.

Old
12-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn
To answer the first question, I doubt it. They'll probably see what Auld can do before even thinking of making a goaltending move and then if they do, it will be for someone like Biron/Noronen (sp?), Lalime, or Thibault.

Is Auld enough? Hell no (remember he used to be Panther property at one point). If Vancouver is that desparate, then possibly they'll up the value by offering more than what others may be offering. But without a legit starter to offer in return, I doubt they could beat any of the other offers that would be out there. But if Luongo starts playing better, then the offers may have to improve just because of that.
The next big threshhold looks like January. If Keenan can't get an extension he might go looking for a trade.

Garrioch weighs in
Quote:
THE GOALIE SHUFFLE: Colorado GM Pierre Lacroix is trying to move one of his goaltenders, but isn't having any luck. Sources say he's been offering around G David Aebischer and his $2.5 million contract, but can't find a willing dance partner. The Avs have three goalies -- Vitaly Koesnik, Peter Budaj and Aebischer -- and the situation won't stay this way forever. "It takes two to tango. You need a willing dance partner and right now there are no willing dance partners," said Lacroix. "If you talk to a team, there are always a lot of factors now. The cap -- they don't have room, you don't have any room -- it doesn't quite fit, etc." There's talk the Avs are trying to acquire Florida G Roberto Luongo and it won't go away.
This is largely a regurgitation of a Denver Post article.

Old
12-14-2005, 11:50 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy
i thought the Panthers have a self-made 27 Mio. cap from their owner ?
Yep, Cohen is damn cheap, its not like he cant afford to invest anymore.

Old
12-16-2005, 01:22 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Liles, Wolski and pick for Luongo.

Old
12-16-2005, 02:39 PM
lennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Color@do @v@l@nche
Liles, Wolski and pick for Luongo.
Replace Wolski with Svatos Make it a #1 pick. Its a deal. (Although I think Liles is overated)

Old
12-16-2005, 02:57 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie
Replace Wolski with Svatos Make it a #1 pick. Its a deal. (Although I think Liles is overated)
Actually id prefer Wolski, Svatos and #1 pick

Wont happen though.

Old
12-16-2005, 03:41 PM
lennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17ster
Actually id prefer Wolski, Svatos and #1 pick

Wont happen though.
Even better. I believe its going to take something like that

Old
12-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Rotang

^If I'm Colorado, no way in hell I do that.

They fix their problem in goal..but create huge holes on their offense now and in the future, not to mention it's a category they're already struggling in

I really can't see Colorado proposing a trade that would include both of them.

Budaj/Aeb, Wolski/Svatos, and a 1st is the most I think would be offered.

It may be less than what Florida fans are calling for, but even then, what other team could top that offer?

Old
12-16-2005, 05:18 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadiggitystank

They fix their problem in goal..but create huge holes on their offense now and in the future, not to mention it's a category they're already struggling in

I really can't see Colorado proposing a trade that would include both of them.

Budaj/Aeb, Wolski/Svatos, and a 1st is the most I think would be offered.

It may be less than what Florida fans are calling for, but even then, what other team could top that offer?
If Philly was so inclined, they could top that offer easily IMO by using one of Carter or Richards in addition to Niittymaki.

I'd actually suggest something along the following:

Budaj AND Aebischer, Wolski and a 1st for Luongo and a forward like Kolnik

That would give FL 2 guys that could split the starts as well as a young forward that won't cost them anything against the cap this yr and a pick in the draft (and doesn't force them to move a skater off their roster). Colorado gets its franchise goalies plus a cheap, young forward to shore up their depleted corps. Probably couldn't happen until Florida got Anthony Stewart back from injury and word is that won't be until after the Olympic break. Still that's a pretty average offer at best and the improved play of Luongo may signal an increase in his value on the trade market.

Old
12-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadiggitystank

Yeah Colorado is really struggling on offense...they are 2nd in the league in goals per game.

Old
12-17-2005, 05:17 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn
If Philly was so inclined, they could top that offer easily IMO by using one of Carter or Richards in addition to Niittymaki.

I'd actually suggest something along the following:

Budaj AND Aebischer, Wolski and a 1st for Luongo and a forward like Kolnik

That would give FL 2 guys that could split the starts as well as a young forward that won't cost them anything against the cap this yr and a pick in the draft (and doesn't force them to move a skater off their roster). Colorado gets its franchise goalies plus a cheap, young forward to shore up their depleted corps. Probably couldn't happen until Florida got Anthony Stewart back from injury and word is that won't be until after the Olympic break. Still that's a pretty average offer at best and the improved play of Luongo may signal an increase in his value on the trade market.
I'd be all over that.

Old
12-19-2005, 06:23 AM
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie
I'm with this guy, Any scenario with colorado/florida deal svatos has to be goin the other way. Especially for Luongo...Gotta give something to get something then again there was the Thorton trade...

Old
12-19-2005, 05:15 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
I'd be all over that.
I'm sure most people would. But now that his play has picked up as of late (and he just was named defensive player of the week) you know his trade value is going to start to increase.

Closed Thread