HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Sheldon Keefe?

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 08:51 AM
kremlin

vCash: 500
Sheldon Keefe?

I'm a big Sheldon Keefe fan. I'm wondering why he wasn't playing against Minnesota last night. Does anyone know why? He should be great this year.

Old
10-11-2003, 08:53 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremlin
I'm a big Sheldon Keefe fan. I'm wondering why he wasn't playing against Minnesota last night. Does anyone know why? He should be great this year.
Welcome to HF Mrs. Keefe!

It's a numbers game right now. Simon, Lundmark and Barnaby are going to play (for right or for wrong) and Lacouture had a very strong camp.

10-11-2003, 09:08 AM
kremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Welcome to HF Mrs. Keefe!

It's a numbers game right now. Simon, Lundmark and Barnaby are going to play (for right or for wrong) and Lacouture had a very strong camp.
Make it Mr. Keefe.... I've been following Keefe since OHL and I think he never got a fair chance in Tampa. That's why I'm happy he's in New York now. I agree, there are 5 RW players at the moment fighting for a spot, however, I also think Keefe should at least be able to outplay Barnaby and LaCouture. I think Lundmark and Simon are pretty much set.

Old
10-11-2003, 09:17 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Make it Mr. Keefe.... I've been following Keefe since OHL and I think he never got a fair chance in Tampa. That's why I'm happy he's in New York now. I agree, there are 5 RW players at the moment fighting for a spot, however, I also think Keefe should at least be able to outplay Barnaby and LaCouture. I think Lundmark and Simon are pretty much set.
Well, I think that Keefe is in the Rangers plans (there was really no reason to claim him if he wasn't). I think that Sather is looking to trade Barnaby. If that happens, Keefe will certainly be in the line up.

Old
10-11-2003, 09:23 AM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Quote:

Id take LaCouture over Simon any day of week, If Keefe goes into lineup, Simon or Barnaby be out of it. LaCouture is solid winger who can kill some penalties and does not take stupid penalties like Simon has done. Keefe and LaCouture would be good on PK i think, Keefe can be a speedy pesky winger, he is faster then petro and more skilled.

Old
10-11-2003, 10:01 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Matthew Barnaby > Simon, LaCouture, Keefe

Old
10-11-2003, 11:32 AM
kremlin

You're probably right

Old
10-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Cat fan

vCash:
Keefe will be in........

Quote:
You're probably right
They have no choice BUT to get Keefe's energy in the line up , the Rangers didn't even have a pulse tonight , PERIOD !!
Keefe will provide alot for Ranger fans to cheer about , he will become a fan fav in NY like he was in Tampa.

Old
10-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat fan
They have no choice BUT to get Keefe's energy in the line up , the Rangers didn't even have a pulse tonight , PERIOD !!
Keefe will provide alot for Ranger fans to cheer about , he will become a fan fav in NY like he was in Tampa.
Hopefully, Keefe will be given a real chance to play and win over the fans in New York (as he has won over you). However, I would suggest that no matter how good he is, I would be too much to expect him to turn the Rangers around.

Having one spark plug that works doesn't start an engine.

Old
10-12-2003, 04:52 AM
FACEMAN

Quote:
Until Keefe or his agent open their FAT mouths.

Old
10-12-2003, 08:37 AM
Cat fan

vCash:
Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEMAN
Until Keefe or his agent open their FAT mouths.

If I were Keefe's agent i would already be screaming about his player been taken in the Waiver draft only to sit on his butt and watch the Rangers get there butts handed to them !!
Im sure there are several other teams that would have taken Keefe and actually played him , dont forget the Rangers took Keefe very early in the draft. Play the kid for god's sake !! or the Rangers sake !! LOL

Old
10-12-2003, 08:43 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
If I were Keefe's agent i would already be screaming about his player been taken in the Waiver draft only to sit on his butt and watch the Rangers get there butts handed to them !!
Im sure there are several other teams that would have taken Keefe and actually played him , dont forget the Rangers took Keefe very early in the draft. Play the kid for god's sake !! or the Rangers sake !! LOL
That's what players taken from <i>waiver drafts</i> generally do.

Old
10-12-2003, 09:55 AM
FACEMAN

Quote:
maybe he learned something by watching his agent ruin his buddy danton/jefferson's career.

Old
10-13-2003, 08:44 AM
Cat fan

vCash:
Are you kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEMAN
maybe he learned something by watching his agent ruin his buddy danton/jefferson's career.
DANTON is not only on Stlouis but he is already a huge Fan fav that doesn't seem to be to bad for a what did you call it ?? this kids career is prospering and A L I V E in the Looo !!

Old
10-13-2003, 08:45 AM
Cat fan

vCash:
Think

Before you post

Old
10-13-2003, 08:45 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
DANTON is not only on Stlouis but he is already a huge Fan fav that doesn't seem to be to bad for a what did you call it ?? this kids career is prospering and A L I V E in the Looo !!
That's why no one else wanted him. Are you their agents by any chance?

Old
10-13-2003, 09:38 AM
PotiFan03

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I think that Sather is looking to trade Barnaby.
I think that would be a disaster. Barnaby is a gritty character player. He should be put on Lindros' line every now and then to help jump start the Rangers when they get lazy.

Old
10-13-2003, 11:08 AM
FACEMAN

Quote:
Before you post
Thats why Mike Jefferson LOST TWO (2) years of development fighting with LOU and changed his name to Danton. Smart, real smart.

Old
10-13-2003, 02:25 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
I saw some of the St. Louis game last night and you're right, he was a little agitating bugger all over the ice that the fan's love BUT so was he at the beginning of last season for the devils. Then it only took half the season for him to start complaining about ice time and possibly being sent down and he found himself out of favor with everyone from the fans to management. They were just tired of his (and his agent's) crap. I'd give it more then 2 games to decide whether Danterjefferwatchemacallitsons career is saved.

Closed Thread