HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM/ATL Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2003, 01:19 PM
kacz

vCash: 500
EDM/ATL Proposal

To EDM:
-Patrik Stefan
-Kiril Safronov

To ATL
-Mike Comrie

I think Stefan would fit in great with Dvorak, and Safronov could team up with Semenov to make a solid pairing. And from a Thrashers stand point, Comrie would obviously help in the offensive area, since Heatley is most likely out for the season...

Thoughts?

Old
10-12-2003, 01:21 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
imo. done from edmonton's point of view only if this is the only combo offer of forward /dman on the table

Old
10-12-2003, 01:55 PM
Ozy_Flame

Not bad. If I was Edmonton I'd try and land Exelby first, though. Seems like the team is doing relatively ok without Mikey, so I think Stefan would be a secondary item in this trade. Getting a defenseman should be of prime importance. Their depth is a little lacking back there.

Old
10-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Cerebral

I still don't think Lowe will make a deal with Atlanta unless Exelby is included.. while Stefan has all the potential in the world, he has yet to show half the offensive firepower Comrie has. Any deal by Lowe that obtains Stefan is going to be risky and automatically attacked by the average Oiler fan as well. Unless Exelby is coming back as part of the deal, I don't think Lowe will be too interested..

Old
10-12-2003, 03:39 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zherdev
To EDM:
-Patrik Stefan
-Kiril Safronov

To ATL
-Mike Comrie

I think Stefan would fit in great with Dvorak, and Safronov could team up with Semenov to make a solid pairing. And from a Thrashers stand point, Comrie would obviously help in the offensive area, since Heatley is most likely out for the season...

Thoughts?
This trade proposal has been beaten to death. Basically the thrashers would like Comrie but don't really need him at the moment (We need a winger to replace Heatley not a center) so therefore they are unwilling to give up Exelby and/or Stefan for him.
Basically its a no deal from both sides because the thrash are only willing to offer a d-man:anyone with the exceptions of Exelby, Coburn, Sutton and probably Tremblay (We need him for the PP); plus goalie (Hurme or Dafoe) or draft pick (not 1st round) for Comrie, while Edmonton are insisting on Exelby and/or Stefan as part of the deal.

Old
10-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
while Edmonton are insisting on Exelby and/or Stefan as part of the deal.
Heh, more like Edmonton fans.. Something tells me K-Lowe hasn't even talked to Atlanta yet.. fan speculation is still fun though!

Old
10-12-2003, 04:03 PM
hunter orange

Stefan & Exelby or no dice...

Old
10-13-2003, 05:07 AM
236nOT

Why would the Thrashers try and get smaller down the middle? Comrie is a fine little player but realistically Savard has more or less the same deficiencies and brings plenty of offense at a bargain price.
Atlanta would not have interest in Comrie because:
The bulk of the talent on their roster is on the wings, thus a playmaking center is needed (Comrie is not playmaker).
Comrie is undersized and not a defensive presence. Atlanta needs some strength and defensive presence up the middle, Savard takes care of the offense, Stefan plays both ends and is 6'2.
Comrie needs to play with large wingers who will dig in the corners. McEachern and Kozlov are hardly grinders and both are goal scorers not playmakers.
The proposed deal is based on Edmonton's needs and not Atlanta's. Atlanta could use another right winger with some toughness to balance out their second line thus pushing Petrovicky off the first and down to the third line.

Closed Thread