HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General WGR Talk/TBN/local sports talk

Old
06-30-2015, 02:29 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 666
Awards:
General WGR Talk/TBN/local sports talk

Continuing from Hockey Hotline & General WGR Talk Part 1, new Sabres goalie Robin Lehner was on HH this morning:

Last edited by joshjull: 05-08-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Thorton02

vCash: 450
Nice try K-Sly.

Thorton02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2015, 09:13 AM
Husko

vCash: 165
Howard Simon: just heard this pheaeuf rumor. Wow, that would be asinine. At that contract? Omg. If question murrays sanity.

Peters: ID BE ALL OVER THAT

Husko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2015, 09:45 AM
Woodhouse

vCash: 666
Awards:
McGinn scheduled to be on HH at 11am:

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Sabre Dance
Winners win

vCash: 500
Peters is pure entertainment. This guy can't be serious.

Sabre Dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2015, 03:22 PM
NEcoli

Discussing defensemen, Paul Hamilton just said the "kid from Phoenix" was awful in his own zone. Then referenced him scoring 20+ goals. He must be talking about OEL. Unreal.

NEcoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2015, 03:34 PM
Bonlarvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEcoli View Post
Discussing defensemen, Paul Hamilton just said the "kid from Phoenix" was awful in his own zone. Then referenced him scoring 20+ goals. He must be talking about OEL. Unreal.
Did he really say that about OEL? If so, wowza.

Bonlarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2015, 05:10 PM
Husko

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEcoli View Post
Without listening to the interview I would imagine he was going for Yandle but got confused with OEL.

Old
07-01-2015, 05:34 PM
NEcoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husko View Post
Without listening to the interview I would imagine he was going for Yandle but got confused with OEL.
Either way, he's a buffoon.

NEcoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2015, 08:19 PM
Bonlarvis

Quote:
Hamilton is on Twitter saying OEL is a "turnover machine" and "not very good along the wall either".

https://twitter.com/pham1717/status/616396047422767104

Bonlarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Tapu Fino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post
Peters is pure entertainment. This guy can't be serious.
It's funny - I was in the office today and my neighbor next door just started laughing, right about 11am (time of your post). He regularly listens to GR in his office. I asked him what it was, and he just goes "Andrew Peters is such a ****ing clown". That must have been whatever he said today

Tapu Fino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2015, 07:19 AM
Husko

Paul Hamilton just mentioned the idea of Eichel living with Weber. All I could imagine was the most awkwardly hilarious living situation ever.

Old
07-02-2015, 07:29 AM
TehDoak
He sure has a

vCash: 903
Quote:
Paul Hamilton just mentioned the idea of Eichel living with Weber. All I could imagine was the most awkwardly hilarious living situation ever.
"So uhhh jack, I'm gonna be moving in a year, you wanna buy the place?"

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2015, 08:28 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonlarvis View Post
Hamilton is on Twitter saying OEL is a "turnover machine" and "not very good along the wall either".

that's a classic

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Jim Bob
....Rebooting....

Quote:
With not too many vets who have been Sabres for a while, it's not long before you get to Weber in the Eichel billet conversation.

He's the longest tenured Sabre at this point, right?

Jim Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2015, 08:40 AM
Husko

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJimBob View Post
With not too many vets who have been Sabres for a while, it's not long before you get to Weber in the Eichel billet conversation.

He's the longest tenured Sabre at this point, right?
Him and Ellis, yes. I was more thinking of sad weber from when the fans were cheering for the team to lose for eichel

Old
07-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Leelee Phoenix

vCash: 50
Hamilton telling people to watch sports, hahahahohoho. Him and Schopp, this is what happens when you keep lazy, completely uninspired, arrogant jerks hired for decades.

Leelee Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Zip15

vCash: 205
Quote:
Paul is oddly obsessed with Eichel's living situation. Is it really a newsworthy enough to require a question at the intro presser and then be talked about at several points in his rounds of the WGR shows the following morning? At this rate, I'm expecting a Champ Kind-like breakdown in a few weeks with Paul telling Jack that they should get an apartment together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonlarvis View Post

What the...

This is the guy Buffalo radio listeners depend on to bring them their NHL/Sabres news. The guy who parroted Nolan's criticisms of Hodgson ("uncoachable" and "has his idea of the way the game should be played and won't deviate") and then tried to attribute those comments to off-the-record quotes that players made to him. (Does anyone see Paul sitting in the locker room long after the rest of the media has left getting inside scoops from players? Or asking them to dish on one another? Please.)

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2015, 08:20 PM
cybresabre
turning timber

vCash: 751
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
mmmm turnover machiiine

cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
This station is unbearable. I'd like to listen to some of these interviews and I try but I can never get very far.

Peters and KSly are simply the worst interviewers imaginable.

Mit Yarrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2015, 08:44 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Those that complain the most, listen day in day out ....

Why do you listen?

Like Paxon, I listen to the interviews either while they happen or after the fact when someone posts them here or when they are at the audio vault on WGR.

Why? I dislike most of their hosts so much, I don't waste my time with "turning it on for background".

Keep listening

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2015, 08:51 PM
5 Minute Major

vCash: 374
Pegula will be starting his own radio/television station soon, right?

Hockey hot line is a great concept but has terrible hosts. Duffer would be a great host for that show.

5 Minute Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2015, 09:25 PM
Dex
Complementary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Paul is oddly obsessed with Eichel's living situation. Is it really a newsworthy enough to require a question at the intro presser and then be talked about at several points in his rounds of the WGR shows the following morning? At this rate, I'm expecting a Champ Kind-like breakdown in a few weeks with Paul telling Jack that they should get an apartment together.

What the...

This is the guy Buffalo radio listeners depend on to bring them their NHL/Sabres news. The guy who parroted Nolan's criticisms of Hodgson ("uncoachable" and "has his idea of the way the game should be played and won't deviate") and then tried to attribute those comments to off-the-record quotes that players made to him. (Does anyone see Paul sitting in the locker room long after the rest of the media has left getting inside scoops from players? Or asking them to dish on one another? Please.)
I agree that the obsession about Eichel's living arrangement is "odd". That's a very good one word description. Eichel has lived away from home for the past year. His parents are very involved and I'm sure that there are plenty of team leaders who can guide him along whether he lives alone or with veteran players. Drop it already - especially at the news conference announcing Eichel's signing.

Hamilton does appear to have gotten lazy with his reporting. The inability to remember OEL was embarrassing. At the same time, I can recall times when I have been speaking publicly - something I HATE to do - when I drew a blank on a word or phrase. But then again, I'm not a professional. Lately, it seems to be happening with a little more frequency with Hamilton.

I do wish there was room on the station for more than one reporter covering the Sabres - if nothing else but to create a competitive environment.

As for Hockey Hotline - it is the absolute worst program out there, IMO. Kevin Sylvester is a total stiff, and arrogant bore with almost no personality. Andrew Peters has this persona that comes off as part condescending, part vapid, part too cool for the room, part know it all ex jock, and part a-hole.

Brian Duff is the perfect guy for this show. Given that he is probably busy with other commitments, someone of his ilk would be desirable. It's time to move K-Sly into ticket sales and Andrew Peters to some liaison role.

*misspelling intentional to avoid the censors

Last edited by Dex: 07-02-2015 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Don't circumvent profanity filter.
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2015, 09:35 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
Pegula will be starting his own radio/television station soon, right?

Hockey hot line is a great concept but has terrible hosts. Duffer would be a great host for that show.
Pegula is the one that pays those two lunkheads on hockey hotline. They work for the Sabres not WGR. It's a two hour segment the Sabres pay WGR for and hire the hosts. So don't be too sure you would be rid of those two if he started his own radio and/or TV venture.

And I agree whole heartedly that Duffer would be a great host.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2015, 09:39 PM
couture23

I will listen to anything on WGR because I don't get any Sabres talk around here.

I was driving to work (just east of Oshawa) and I decided to see if 550 would get a decent signal and it was pretty good. I was so happy because I can't stand listening to the FAN590 with constant Leaf talk.

couture23 is online now   Reply With Quote