HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Why wasn't Baranka dressed

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2005, 08:05 PM
Dgrohl8

vCash: 500
Why wasn't Baranka dressed

He didn't play tonight does this mean that he is comming up? or is he injured or a healthy scratch

Old
11-18-2005, 08:21 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

It definitely makes you wonder...hopefully someone who listened to or watched the game can help us out here if it was mentioned during the broadcast.

Old
11-18-2005, 08:22 PM
caldercup0

Send a message via AIM to caldercup0
I think Daniel Girardi was simply playing better than him over the past couple of games... IMO Baranka is not ready for the NHL...

I do not believe he was injured.

Old
11-18-2005, 08:27 PM
caldercup0

Last 3 games Baranka was a -4 and recorded 8 PIM, and no points.

In his first 2 AHL games Daniel Girardi had 3 assists, no PIM, and was a +4.

Old
11-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Large_Farva*

Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
So Baranka went from their best defenseman to their worst?

Old
11-18-2005, 08:52 PM
caldercup0

Um... Baranka wasn't our best defenseman

Old
11-18-2005, 08:56 PM
in the hall

in the papers there was speculation he or pock was going to be called up and they were the best dmen for the pack so far.. something like that

Old
11-18-2005, 08:57 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldercup0
Um... Baranka wasn't our best defenseman
who was? is?

Old
11-18-2005, 09:04 PM
caldercup0

Thomas Pock is most deserving of an NHL call up at this point.

Old
11-18-2005, 10:13 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Thomas Pock is most deserving of an NHL call up at this point.

What bout Lampman??? Why he get no credit???? He should be on the team.

Old
11-18-2005, 10:29 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
What bout Lampman??? Why he get no credit???? He should be on the team.
Hes been called up once this season and wasn't impressive. Give another kid a chance to prove himself for a game or 2 in the NHL. Lampman will get another chance of course, but there are other players.

Old
11-18-2005, 10:36 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

If Thomas Pck comes up I promise to change my avatar

Old
11-18-2005, 10:47 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Hes been called up once this season and wasn't impressive. Give another kid a chance to prove himself for a game or 2 in the NHL. Lampman will get another chance of course, but there are other players.
Plus, we are looking for a little bit more offense from the blueline and Pock or Baranka addresses that need better than Bryce.

Old
11-19-2005, 01:21 AM
eco's bones

Keep in mind that Baranka is still only a kid. I think it's best to expect that he'll have some ups and downs. He probably needs to fill out a little more too.

Old
11-19-2005, 08:01 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Just sound coaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Farva
So Baranka went from their best defenseman to their worst?
you have a young player playing in his 1st of of pro hockey, he hits a bump in the road, you give him a blow to catch his thoughts, take a look at the game and you send him back in. Good, sound coaching, nothing wrong with that. Makes a lot of sense. Too many fans on here have to great an expectation in too short a period of time. Give the kids time to learn the pro game, mature and fill out some more. Most defenseman take time. There is no need to rush anybody. Pock and Lampman should be given 1st crack. The others need to stay in the AHL longer unless they are obsolutely fabulous in their play.

Old
11-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Fletch

Brooks speculated...

that Baranka should be called up without ever seeing him play once, I'd venture to guess. I actually sent a long e-mail to Brooks asking on what he based the Baranka call-up. No response.

Old
11-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Fletch

Good sound coaching?

he's doing the same thing McGill did and got grilled for - sitting a potential star in favor of someone else who's playing better. Perhaps Schoeny's finding out that he wants to win too.

Old
11-19-2005, 11:07 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Sitting a young player who started to struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
he's doing the same thing McGill did and got grilled for - sitting a potential star in favor of someone else who's playing better. Perhaps Schoeny's finding out that he wants to win too.
is not a bad choice no matter who the coach is. It is just sound coaching. Here's my take on the Schoeny vs McGill comparison:

McGill:
My way or the highway. I don't care what you want to do, do it the way I want you to do it.

Schoeny:
Here's what we want to do as team. As long as you can do what we ask in the context of what we are trying to do as a team and we get the results we want, I don't care how you achieve it.

The difference between the two is that one allows for the players natural talents and skill to be a component, the other doesn't. There is a give and take to it. Always with the complicit of both parties that it is manger / coach who is still in charge and is directing the overall scheme. This method allows the palyers to "but in" rather than being forced. It is subtle but nonetheless much more effective. For those that still don't understand the McGill situation and still need proof, all you have to do is look at what Renney has done, it is exactly the same thing and that is why McGill was let go.

I'll give you a better example, a personal one.
I recently switched jobs. I took on a really challenging task. I was bored, my wife thought I was nuts like some of you do. I went somewhere where there was total chaos. A comparison between the past 7 ranger years and this department was a very accurate. Disfunction reigned everywhere.

In the short time I've been there, less than 6 months, I haven't changed one staff member, manager, supervisor or grunt. That doesn't mean that I am not holding people close to the fire, or that I won't make changes. But all that has changed is that I set new parameters and ground rules up. I clearly stated what is expected and I enforced them by holding people accountable for what they do and how they do it. I also told them I am not going to micro manage how you do your job. I told them these are our goals, these are our objects. Use your own skill, experience and knowledge to achieve our goals and objectives. I coach, I mentor. I talk and re-enforce what I want done all the time. I'm positive while still being demanding. I refine their skills but I don't impose any specific way to do some thing the way McGill did, neither does Schoeny in that regard. You have to allow for people to use their skill, their talents to do their jobs best while working within the framework of what you want accomplished. It is much more effective than McGill's way, or Keenan, or Billy Martin. That is why managers like that are always crashing and burning.

My results? Not surprising to me. I've done this every place I've worked. The results have always been the same. Rave reviews. People in the company are amazed. Regulators, auditors are amazed. Employees who were recently viewed as stiffs and shoudl be fired are now being complemented for how well they do their jobs and those complements are not coming from me, they are coming from the people who use to criticize them. What changed? They were given direction, they are held accountable, they are allowed to use their god given talents and they have input about how they do theri job. They control how their job is done. They are being measured against themselves.

Old
11-19-2005, 11:14 AM
in the hall

Quote:
I think Daniel Girardi was simply playing better than him over the past couple of games... IMO Baranka is not ready for the NHL...

I do not believe he was injured.
who is daniel girardi? he have any upside? dob?

Old
11-19-2005, 11:34 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
you have a young player playing in his 1st of of pro hockey, he hits a bump in the road, you give him a blow to catch his thoughts, take a look at the game and you send him back in. Good, sound coaching, nothing wrong with that. Makes a lot of sense. Too many fans on here have to great an expectation in too short a period of time. Give the kids time to learn the pro game, mature and fill out some more. Most defenseman take time. There is no need to rush anybody. Pock and Lampman should be given 1st crack. The others need to stay in the AHL longer unless they are obsolutely fabulous in their play.
My thoughts exactly. Good post...

Old
11-19-2005, 11:45 AM
caldercup0

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
who is daniel girardi? he have any upside? dob?
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=55192

Closed Thread