HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

You'll never guess who is reffing tonights Pits/Flyers game

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2005, 11:23 AM
spudnick

vCash: 500
You'll never guess who is reffing tonights Pits/Flyers game

Chris Lee , Paul Devorski. I ***** you not

Old
11-19-2005, 11:34 AM
goodrev

they ref a lot of flyers games... guess what? we are going to see a lot of bad officiating!!

Old
11-19-2005, 11:41 AM
Steve Latin*

You guys should be happy. This means Hatchet can knock out the rest of Crosby's teeth. After Crosby complains about the non-calls, you'll get a power play.

Old
11-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Latin
You guys should be happy. This means Hatchet can knock out the rest of Crosby's teeth. After Crosby complains about the non-calls, you'll get a power play.

Yeah, we should be really happy. JESUS M-F-ING CHRIST.

Old
Philly Flyer Fan*

surprise

Old
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick
Why care about the refs? Just win the game!

Quote:
This means Hatchet can knock out the rest of Crosby's teeth.
I
Quote:
After Crosby complains about the non-calls,
hope
Quote:
you'll get a power play.
so...

Old
11-19-2005, 02:03 PM
hockeyphan25

the Flyers and Pens should make a statement and refuse to play with those officials. However that won't happen and I'll be watching the game tonight as usual. I like good close games but in this case I hope there is a blowout because if the game is close there is a very good chance that the officials could determine the outcome.

Old
11-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Big McLargehuge
Diving in Head First

vCash: 422
These guys do alot of Pens games too.

Devorski has been brutal on Crosby. You could **** him with a chainsaw and he'd get an unsportsmanlike for bleeding.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Old
11-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Hemooli

Send a message via AIM to Hemooli Send a message via MSN to Hemooli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjardus Greidanus
These guys do alot of Pens games too.

Devorski has been brutal on Crosby. You could **** him with a chainsaw and he'd get an unsportsmanlike for bleeding.
Very true, very true.

Old
11-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Steve L*

So with these two clowns in charge, is there any way they can screw both teams out of 2 points then?

My guess is one of them fakes a heart attack to get the game abandoned.

Old
11-19-2005, 03:10 PM
DeleteThisAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick
Link?

Old
11-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25
the Flyers and Pens should make a statement and refuse to play with those officials. However that won't happen and I'll be watching the game tonight as usual. I like good close games but in this case I hope there is a blowout because if the game is close there is a very good chance that the officials could determine the outcome.

If the game is a blowout it will become very very chippy. I highly doubt that the Pens simply forgot what Hatcher did to their star player. Hell, if it were the other way and Orpik for instance did the same to Forsberg I would be saying the same thing. A tied game was not the time or place, the Pens said as much. I am not being controversial here or trying to start anything, just am predicting that this game could get very ugly. If the game goes blowout either way you may see an epic number of penalties and lots of suspensions. Sometime this season it will happen.

I also predict that Hatcher does not make it past 30 seconds on the ice without a penalty called. That game the other night was on national television. A penalty was not called on either play but Crosby's new dental work via Hatcher's stick work was mentioned prominantly after in much of the reporting on the game. The Refs likely know what I was saying above and may try to diffuse the situation by watching Hatcher closely. Oh, and the home town crowd will let the refs know, loudly, whenever Hatcher is on the ice, I am sure. I may be wrong though. We will see how these predictions come out.

Last edited by Jaded-Fan: 11-19-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old
11-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Liquidrage*

bah blah blah Crosby blah blah dove blah blah Hatcher blah blah.

How funny is it that some Pens fans want revenge on a play that was probably a dive.

There was a high stick. That was the only time Crosby actually got roughed up all night and it didn't look intentional and you generally don't go looking for revenge on accident high sticks. Get over it already.
They don't need to get revenge for Crosby's dive along the boards and him laying on the ice pretending to be seriously hurt in an attempt to get a penalty.

Old
11-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Jack Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
bah blah blah Crosby blah blah dove blah blah Hatcher blah blah.

How funny is it that some Pens fans want revenge on a play that was probably a dive.

There was a high stick. That was the only time Crosby actually got roughed up all night and it didn't look intentional and you generally don't go looking for revenge on accident high sticks. Get over it already.
They don't need to get revenge for Crosby's dive along the boards and him laying on the ice pretending to be seriously hurt in an attempt to get a penalty.
That dive that you are talking about was the time when his teeth got chipped and he had to go back into the dressing room to get stitches. The other high stick, I agree was an accident and I doubt it did much damage, but if a guy had already broken your teeth and given you stitches a couple of minutes earlier I bet you would be a little pissed too.

Old
11-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
These 2 jerk-offs have reffed some Avalanche games and usually, when the reffing is so-so I don't bother to check WHO is officiating but the last time they reffed I just had to find out who the hell was doing such an AWFUL JOB !

Why doesn't the NHL do something about these two retards ?

Old
11-19-2005, 05:18 PM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Canuck
That dive that you are talking about was the time when his teeth got chipped and he had to go back into the dressing room to get stitches. The other high stick, I agree was an accident and I doubt it did much damage, but if a guy had already broken your teeth and given you stitches a couple of minutes earlier I bet you would be a little pissed too.

Not according to my memory and this article from Pittsburg:

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/te...rts/1472.0.php

It says the teeth were chipped by the high stick.

Now, if Crosby did chip his teeth on the hit along the boards it was on the ice or something because he didn't get hit with a stick in the mouth on that play.

Old
11-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Jack Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Not according to my memory and this article from Pittsburg:

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/te...rts/1472.0.php

It says the teeth were chipped by the high stick.

Now, if Crosby did chip his teeth on the hit along the boards it was on the ice or something because he didn't get hit with a stick in the mouth on that play.
Doesn't matter how it happened. He went to the back to get worked on before the obvious high stick ever happened. Therefore, your argument that he was diving on the first play is BS, because you admit the damage could have happened when he hit the ice. So if he got high sticked in the mouth, or punched, or smashed his face on the ice he still got two chipped teeth and four stitches on the play against the boards.

How is that a dive?

Old
11-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Jack Canuck

Whatever the refs do, good or bad, I just hope they call it consistent for both sides. This should be another great game.

Old
11-19-2005, 06:08 PM
phlacheesesteak

i just got down watching a period and a half of last nights game, and wow- the refing was poorly managed by these two. There was that one incendent where they did the face off in the nutral zone when there was an infraction on the thrash in their defensive zone. also the play where forsberg was blatently elbowed in the face by de vries and forsberg got the call on him for retaliating, IMO forsberg interfered but how can you miss that big elbow in the corner??? From what ive seen theres been A LOT of big hits and good checking through the first period. But the flyers had to kill off like 5 penalties in the first also. The open ice hit on Carter in the first was clean but, after that the play was rough and chippy, and the refs let it get a little too far out of hand by missing a lot of calls. I know, i know, ive only seen a period and a half....it sucks knowing what happens when your watching the game, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Lee and Devorski need to call it fair and cansistantly tonight, that, or they can keep trying to give the away team the advantage all game like they did last night...that'll be fine with me too

Old
11-22-2005, 08:37 AM
BlackChristmas

Send a message via MSN to BlackChristmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
So with these two clowns in charge, is there any way they can screw both teams out of 2 points then?

My guess is one of them fakes a heart attack to get the game abandoned.
I'm scared

Closed Thread