HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

You'll never guess who is reffing tonights Pits/Flyers game

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2005, 11:23 AM
  #1
spudnick
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 317
vCash: 500
You'll never guess who is reffing tonights Pits/Flyers game

Chris Lee , Paul Devorski. I ***** you not

spudnick is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 11:34 AM
  #2
goodrev
Registered User
 
goodrev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 367
vCash: 500
they ref a lot of flyers games... guess what? we are going to see a lot of bad officiating!!

goodrev is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 11:41 AM
  #3
Steve Latin*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Thinbonesville
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
You guys should be happy. This means Hatchet can knock out the rest of Crosby's teeth. After Crosby complains about the non-calls, you'll get a power play.

Steve Latin* is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 11:45 AM
  #4
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Latin
You guys should be happy. This means Hatchet can knock out the rest of Crosby's teeth. After Crosby complains about the non-calls, you'll get a power play.

Yeah, we should be really happy. JESUS M-F-ING CHRIST.

Vikke is online now  
Old
11-19-2005, 11:45 AM
  #5
Philly Flyer Fan*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bolton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 500
surprise


Philly Flyer Fan* is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 11:45 AM
  #6
Art Vandelay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick
Chris Lee , Paul Devorski. I ***** you not
Why care about the refs? Just win the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Latin
This means Hatchet can knock out the rest of Crosby's teeth.
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Latin
After Crosby complains about the non-calls,
hope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Latin
you'll get a power play.
so...

Art Vandelay is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 02:03 PM
  #7
hockeyphan25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
the Flyers and Pens should make a statement and refuse to play with those officials. However that won't happen and I'll be watching the game tonight as usual. I like good close games but in this case I hope there is a blowout because if the game is close there is a very good chance that the officials could determine the outcome.

hockeyphan25 is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 02:19 PM
  #8
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Diving in Head First
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Finland
Posts: 51,796
vCash: 422
These guys do alot of Pens games too.

Devorski has been brutal on Crosby. You could **** him with a chainsaw and he'd get an unsportsmanlike for bleeding.

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is online now  
Old
11-19-2005, 02:22 PM
  #9
Hemooli
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 820
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hemooli Send a message via MSN to Hemooli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjardus Greidanus
These guys do alot of Pens games too.

Devorski has been brutal on Crosby. You could **** him with a chainsaw and he'd get an unsportsmanlike for bleeding.
Very true, very true.

Hemooli is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 03:08 PM
  #10
Steve L*
Registered User
 
Steve L*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southampton, England
Country: England
Posts: 11,551
vCash: 500
So with these two clowns in charge, is there any way they can screw both teams out of 2 points then?

My guess is one of them fakes a heart attack to get the game abandoned.

Steve L* is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 03:10 PM
  #11
DeleteThisAccount
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: And eating brains
Country: United States
Posts: 1,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick
Chris Lee , Paul Devorski. I ***** you not
Link?

DeleteThisAccount is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 03:31 PM
  #12
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 30,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25
the Flyers and Pens should make a statement and refuse to play with those officials. However that won't happen and I'll be watching the game tonight as usual. I like good close games but in this case I hope there is a blowout because if the game is close there is a very good chance that the officials could determine the outcome.

If the game is a blowout it will become very very chippy. I highly doubt that the Pens simply forgot what Hatcher did to their star player. Hell, if it were the other way and Orpik for instance did the same to Forsberg I would be saying the same thing. A tied game was not the time or place, the Pens said as much. I am not being controversial here or trying to start anything, just am predicting that this game could get very ugly. If the game goes blowout either way you may see an epic number of penalties and lots of suspensions. Sometime this season it will happen.

I also predict that Hatcher does not make it past 30 seconds on the ice without a penalty called. That game the other night was on national television. A penalty was not called on either play but Crosby's new dental work via Hatcher's stick work was mentioned prominantly after in much of the reporting on the game. The Refs likely know what I was saying above and may try to diffuse the situation by watching Hatcher closely. Oh, and the home town crowd will let the refs know, loudly, whenever Hatcher is on the ice, I am sure. I may be wrong though. We will see how these predictions come out.


Last edited by Jaded-Fan: 11-19-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Jaded-Fan is online now  
Old
11-19-2005, 03:56 PM
  #13
Liquidrage*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
bah blah blah Crosby blah blah dove blah blah Hatcher blah blah.

How funny is it that some Pens fans want revenge on a play that was probably a dive.

There was a high stick. That was the only time Crosby actually got roughed up all night and it didn't look intentional and you generally don't go looking for revenge on accident high sticks. Get over it already.
They don't need to get revenge for Crosby's dive along the boards and him laying on the ice pretending to be seriously hurt in an attempt to get a penalty.

Liquidrage* is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 04:34 PM
  #14
Jack Canuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Hawaii
Country: Canada
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
bah blah blah Crosby blah blah dove blah blah Hatcher blah blah.

How funny is it that some Pens fans want revenge on a play that was probably a dive.

There was a high stick. That was the only time Crosby actually got roughed up all night and it didn't look intentional and you generally don't go looking for revenge on accident high sticks. Get over it already.
They don't need to get revenge for Crosby's dive along the boards and him laying on the ice pretending to be seriously hurt in an attempt to get a penalty.
That dive that you are talking about was the time when his teeth got chipped and he had to go back into the dressing room to get stitches. The other high stick, I agree was an accident and I doubt it did much damage, but if a guy had already broken your teeth and given you stitches a couple of minutes earlier I bet you would be a little pissed too.

Jack Canuck is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 05:10 PM
  #15
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,591
vCash: 7658
These 2 jerk-offs have reffed some Avalanche games and usually, when the reffing is so-so I don't bother to check WHO is officiating but the last time they reffed I just had to find out who the hell was doing such an AWFUL JOB !

Why doesn't the NHL do something about these two retards ?

Bender is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 05:18 PM
  #16
Liquidrage*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Canuck
That dive that you are talking about was the time when his teeth got chipped and he had to go back into the dressing room to get stitches. The other high stick, I agree was an accident and I doubt it did much damage, but if a guy had already broken your teeth and given you stitches a couple of minutes earlier I bet you would be a little pissed too.

Not according to my memory and this article from Pittsburg:

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/te...rts/1472.0.php

It says the teeth were chipped by the high stick.

Now, if Crosby did chip his teeth on the hit along the boards it was on the ice or something because he didn't get hit with a stick in the mouth on that play.

Liquidrage* is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 05:45 PM
  #17
Jack Canuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Hawaii
Country: Canada
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Not according to my memory and this article from Pittsburg:

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/te...rts/1472.0.php

It says the teeth were chipped by the high stick.

Now, if Crosby did chip his teeth on the hit along the boards it was on the ice or something because he didn't get hit with a stick in the mouth on that play.
Doesn't matter how it happened. He went to the back to get worked on before the obvious high stick ever happened. Therefore, your argument that he was diving on the first play is BS, because you admit the damage could have happened when he hit the ice. So if he got high sticked in the mouth, or punched, or smashed his face on the ice he still got two chipped teeth and four stitches on the play against the boards.

How is that a dive?

Jack Canuck is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 05:49 PM
  #18
Jack Canuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Hawaii
Country: Canada
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Whatever the refs do, good or bad, I just hope they call it consistent for both sides. This should be another great game.

Jack Canuck is offline  
Old
11-19-2005, 06:08 PM
  #19
phlacheesesteak
Registered User
 
phlacheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
i just got down watching a period and a half of last nights game, and wow- the refing was poorly managed by these two. There was that one incendent where they did the face off in the nutral zone when there was an infraction on the thrash in their defensive zone. also the play where forsberg was blatently elbowed in the face by de vries and forsberg got the call on him for retaliating, IMO forsberg interfered but how can you miss that big elbow in the corner??? From what ive seen theres been A LOT of big hits and good checking through the first period. But the flyers had to kill off like 5 penalties in the first also. The open ice hit on Carter in the first was clean but, after that the play was rough and chippy, and the refs let it get a little too far out of hand by missing a lot of calls. I know, i know, ive only seen a period and a half....it sucks knowing what happens when your watching the game, but enjoyable nonetheless.


Lee and Devorski need to call it fair and cansistantly tonight, that, or they can keep trying to give the away team the advantage all game like they did last night...that'll be fine with me too

phlacheesesteak is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 08:37 AM
  #20
BlackChristmas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ste-Martine
Country: Finland
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BlackChristmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
So with these two clowns in charge, is there any way they can screw both teams out of 2 points then?

My guess is one of them fakes a heart attack to get the game abandoned.
I'm scared

BlackChristmas is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.