HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Steve Larmer resigns from NHLPA

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2005, 09:10 PM
  #1
Servo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
Steve Larmer resigns from NHLPA

What a mess they have on their hands. This story was a point of very heated discussion on Hockey Night in Canada between games.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/natio...ves051119.html

Servo is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 12:13 AM
  #2
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
That's tough. Larmer has always seemed a man of quiet but very real integrity. Losing him is a terrible PR black eye for the NHLPA, and if he worked as hard for the Association as he did on the ice, they're certainly going to miss his drive and commitment.

Losing the war to Bettman has cost this association far more than I think any of us would have guessed.

I wonder what Goodenow is thinking right now.

dedalus is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 12:50 AM
  #3
Heat McManus
Registered User
 
Heat McManus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
That's tough. Larmer has always seemed a man of quiet but very real integrity. Losing him is a terrible PR black eye for the NHLPA, and if he worked as hard for the Association as he did on the ice, they're certainly going to miss his drive and commitment.

Losing the war to Bettman has cost this association far more than I think any of us would have guessed.

I wonder what Goodenow is thinking right now.

This implies Goodenow has that capability

Heat McManus is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 01:20 AM
  #4
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,348
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
i think the name goodenow should be banned from these boards. as should bettman when he is fired in two years.

nyrmessier011 is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 06:49 AM
  #5
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,463
vCash: 500
I have not been following the situation that he speaks about all that closely but there seem to be elements left from the old regime of leadership that decided they would fill the vacuum left after Goodenow's departure and they've ignored the procedure. In situations such as these people with integrity will leave. They have no other choice. And Larmer has always struck me as a classy individual. Good luck to him. As far as Saskin is concerned I would think it's only a mattter of time before he follow. The players have to stand up here and let him know and they have to find someone else or it's quite possible that Saskin will consolidate his position by turning the office into a rubber stamp for the owners which is more or less what Eagleson did.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 11:26 AM
  #6
Servo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011
i think the name goodenow should be banned from these boards. as should bettman when he is fired in two years.
Bettman fired? The owners/governors are probably ready to name him King.

Servo is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 12:27 PM
  #7
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo
Bettman fired? The owners/governors are probably ready to name him King.
If they haven't done so already...

Balej20* is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 12:28 PM
  #8
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,851
vCash: 500
Why shouldn't the owners hold Bettman in high regard?He got a terrific pro-owner CBA.Gary did the job the owners wanted him to do

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 01:52 PM
  #9
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Why shouldn't the owners hold Bettman in high regard?He got a terrific pro-owner CBA.Gary did the job the owners wanted him to do
And the work he did is still paying dividends. The NHLPA is in tatters. They need to do a LOT of work to build any kind of trust and unity by the next time negotiations roll around.

dedalus is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 03:51 PM
  #10
Servo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
And the work he did is still paying dividends. The NHLPA is in tatters. They need to do a LOT of work to build any kind of trust and unity by the next time negotiations roll around.
Exactly. He broke the union for all practical purposes.

Servo is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 05:55 PM
  #11
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,969
vCash: 500
Kelly Hrudey last night, on BEHIND THE MASK, basically gave Trevor Linden the ENTIRE credit for the lock-out ending.

In my opionion, he's the reason, along with Damphousse and others, why the season didnt start last Febuary.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.