Notices

Thrashers Tie Isles

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 06:27 PM
Heater15

vCash: 500
Thrashers Tie Isles

Nurminen played well again tonight coming up huge in the crucial dying minutes of the game. The Thrashers cam back from a 1-0 deficit as well as a 2-1 defecit to get the OT point. Stefan and Savard both got their 1st goals and Kovalchuk added another assist (3gp, 2g 2a, even rating)

Do we stick with Nurminen against the Rags or give a shot to Dafoe?

Personally I'd like to see Nurminen stay in net while he's playing well. If he stinks it out, then try Dafoe.

Old
10-14-2003, 07:16 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Go with Dafoe against the rags. I remember Dafoe did pretty well last season against them and Pasi deserves a rest after 3 very good games.

Old
10-14-2003, 07:21 PM
ATLThrashers15

IF Dafoe plays, dont do it thursday! Do it Saturday against a weak western conference team. That way, not only is the team weaker, but if you do lose, a team in your conference doesnt get two points.

And I know some of you are like showcase who ever, but right now, we have to get off to a good start and if Pasi is playing well, by all means, until he has a bad game, let him play.

Old
10-15-2003, 09:22 AM
The Sneak

How's this for a conspiracy theory? The Thrashers have received offers because of their glut of goaltenders, and most of the interest surrounds Nurminen. The Thrashers are showcasing him to show that his solid season last year was not a fluke, and that we should receive top value in return.

With Pasi's departure the Thrashers will go with Dafoe/Hurme for 2003/04. They let Dafoe go at the end of the season and come back with an Hurme/Lehtonen tandem next season. Go with the Finns, save some cash by letting Dafoe and Pasi go, and start the Lehtonen era

Old
10-15-2003, 08:23 PM
Lessard Fretter

Send a message via AIM to Lessard Fretter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater15
Nurminen played well again tonight coming up huge in the crucial dying minutes of the game. The Thrashers cam back from a 1-0 deficit as well as a 2-1 defecit to get the OT point. Stefan and Savard both got their 1st goals and Kovalchuk added another assist (3gp, 2g 2a, even rating)

Do we stick with Nurminen against the Rags or give a shot to Dafoe?

Personally I'd like to see Nurminen stay in net while he's playing well. If he stinks it out, then try Dafoe.
Nurminen will start against the rags according to the AJC. But he's the obvious choice anyway. And should start against the weak Chicago team too as long as he plays well against the Rangers tonight. In other words, if it ain't broke don't fix it as Holly was saying recently.

Though I do hope Lessard plays tonight in place of Vigier.

Old
10-15-2003, 08:51 PM
Lessard Fretter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
Go with Dafoe against the rags. I remember Dafoe did pretty well last season against them and Pasi deserves a rest after 3 very good games.
The below information questions your memory and idea.

Dafoe's Career Stats Vs NY Rangers:
12-9-1 "3.17 GAA .887 SV%"

Dafoe's Stats last season Vs Rangers:
1 GP 1-0 "4.00 GAA .846 SV%"

Now on the other hand, Pasi Nurminen has been nothing short of great against the NY Rangers. See for yourself below.

Nurminen's Career Stats Vs NY Rangers:
4 GP (GS) 3-1-0 "1.99 GAA .942 SV%"

Worth noting, Pasi's only loss against the Rangers was two years ago and in that game he was great too, though the Thrashers lost 2-1.

Old
10-15-2003, 08:55 PM
Lessard Fretter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes Rage
How's this for a conspiracy theory? The Thrashers have received offers because of their glut of goaltenders, and most of the interest surrounds Nurminen. The Thrashers are showcasing him to show that his solid season last year was not a fluke, and that we should receive top value in return.

With Pasi's departure the Thrashers will go with Dafoe/Hurme for 2003/04. They let Dafoe go at the end of the season and come back with an Hurme/Lehtonen tandem next season. Go with the Finns, save some cash by letting Dafoe and Pasi go, and start the Lehtonen era
That may be what you'd do, but me thinks Don Waddell is smarter than that. Anyway, I think it's safe to say that Nurminen is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Old
10-16-2003, 01:17 AM
ATLThrashers15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessard Fretter
Though I do hope Lessard plays tonight in place of Vigier.
Not likely. We havent lost, Hartley wont change it.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:59 AM
Lessard Fretter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLThrashers15
Not likely. We havent lost, Hartley wont change it.
I know, because I understand that Hartley likes to stick to the same lineup when the team is not losing. So I said I hope as more wishful thinking, you might say.

Closed Thread