Old
07-20-2015, 04:52 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

vCash: 320
Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom - OHL View Post
One important rule I missed - if you go back to the last expansion draft and use those rules, and if you are looking at an expansion draft in the summer of 2016 - it's almost a no brainer. (I admit I was previously wrong on Subban/McIntyre because of this rule)

Here's my list and most likely what you'd see

Goaltenders (1) – Unprotected goaltender must have played 10 games the previous season or 25 games the previous 2 seasons

Protected – Rask
Unprotected: Smith
Does not need protecting: **Subban, **McIntyre, Morrison, Vladar

Defensemen (5) – at least 1 unprotected d-man must have played in 40 games the previous season or 70 the previous 2 seasons

Protected: Chara, Krug, Seidenberg, Trotman, K. Miller
Unprotected: McQuaid, Irwin, *Chudinov,
Does not need protecting: Morrow, C. Miller, Casto, Arnesson, Cross, Breen or any of the 2015 drafted kids

Forwards (9) At least two forwards left unprotected must have played 40 games the previous season or 70 the previous 2 seasons.

Protected: Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, Spooner, Beleskey, Hayes, Connelly, Eriksson, ***Griffith
Unprotected: Kelly, Talbot, Rinaldo,
Does not need protecting: any of the Providence forwards, prospects still in college/junior or kids drafted in 2015 and **David Pastrnak

*Chudinov would require protection or could be claimed. (unsigned European draft players drafted 4 years prior to expansion draft)

** As a second year pro Pastrnak would not require protecting. 1st and 2nd year pros do not require protecting. Same for McIntyre/Subban

*** I included Griffith, in case of injuries, he gets into 40 games this season - 40/70 rule
I'd personally protect McQuaid over K. Miller (and honestly might protect Irwin over Seidenberg) but otherwise I can get behind this. Would be interesting to see if the league can make it happen. They need to relocate two teams too but expansion was coming, especially with uneven divisions.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2015, 08:04 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

vCash: 500
Admittedly the biggest upside to Sweeney's moves is the ease with which we can protect players when it's time to. Full marks there, it's going to be hard to pillage us with so many young players coming into the fold.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

http://www.tsn.ca/quebec-city-las-ve...ocess-1.333982

Awesome news. Living in Québec city, that would be incredible to get the Nordiques back.

Jean_Jacket41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

It doesn't sound like expansion would happen till the 2017/2018 season, sounds like Vegas could join that season (could Quebec be ready then as well? Or will we see a relocation of AZ to Seattle). That being the case this would effect next years draft then? Thinking of the SJ 1st from the Jones trade.

Bruins Stooge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
It doesn't sound like expansion would happen till the 2017/2018 season, sounds like Vegas could join that season (could Quebec be ready then as well? Or will we see a relocation of AZ to Seattle). That being the case this would effect next years draft then? Thinking of the SJ 1st from the Jones trade.
Quebec would be ready for THIS season.

Old
07-21-2015, 03:35 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Quebec would be ready for THIS season.
They are ready to go and could surely sell out their new building to STH but they expand 2 at a time so they will have to wait.

-Move Arizona to an awesome Seattle market.
-Expand to Quebec and Las Vegas (yuck)
-Make 4 conferences with 5 teams per conference making the playoffs and a short playoff round with a bye for the top team in each conference.

--Maybe by 17/18 we will have more players worthy of protecting!

Colt.45Orr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2015, 09:02 PM
JOKER 192
Risky Rask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
They are ready to go and could surely sell out their new building to STH but they expand 2 at a time so they will have to wait.

-Move Arizona to an awesome Seattle market.
-Expand to Quebec and Las Vegas (yuck)
-Make 4 conferences with 5 teams per conference making the playoffs and a short playoff round with a bye for the top team in each conference.

--Maybe by 17/18 we will have more players worthy of protecting!
No NHL team wants a buy, the revenue is what's all about, they want an easy opponent so they get through the 1st round for sure. We need to go back to the 1st team gets last and so on. Travel isn't the big deal it used to be and it would be fun to have a different opponent rather than the same team every year. I hate that we have to face the Habs every ****ing year.

JOKER 192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Strange Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER 192 View Post
No NHL team wants a buy, the revenue is what's all about, they want an easy opponent so they get through the 1st round for sure. We need to go back to the 1st team gets last and so on. Travel isn't the big deal it used to be and it would be fun to have a different opponent rather than the same team every year. I hate that we have to face the Habs every ****ing year.
Unless we miss the playoffs or the scabs do not make it either.....

Strange Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2015, 10:20 PM
What The Puck
Future GM

Why protect Rask? His contract versus team value doesn't make sense.

What The Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2015, 10:37 PM
JOKER 192
Risky Rask

I'll believe Quebec when I see it, the economic climate is so wrong and Peladeau , the owner of Quebecor is ..........wait for it.....................a joker,hahahahahaha.

Old
07-21-2015, 10:47 PM
BB88

Quote:
Originally Posted by What The Puck View Post
Your love for us Finns continues

How is elite player at 7M these days a bad value and especially moving forwards, elite player signed through his prime at 7M?

How are you going to find another elite player to replace his value to us with max 7M?
How is elite winger different than elite goalie, both will steal you games, series's and are huge core pieces, you won't be able to sign elite players with that money anymore.
Average goalies are now making 5M+ per year, price that will only go up, is that saving good enough reason to let go of elite goalie in his prime?

Do you think Montreal won't protect Price because he is going to get way more than Rask when he is 30y?

Last edited by BB88: 07-22-2015 at 12:06 AM.
BB88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2015, 10:51 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
I'm out.
I tried --God knows I tried.
This is the kind of **** that gets you put straight onto my ignore list.

Ciao.

Colt.45Orr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2015, 11:28 PM
talkinaway

vCash: 50
Barring any new goalie acquisitions (and those could happen after the 2015-6 season, but probably not before then), we have 4 goalie prospects with a grand total of...wait for it...1 NHL game, and three NHL saves (followed immediately by three NHL goals against).

So, who do you protect if you're not protecting Rask? Or are we trading Rask? While we're at it, trade Bergeron and Krejci - those bums haven't scored in 3 months. One pick for each of the three of them should be fair, no?

talkinaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2015, 11:58 PM
JOKER 192
Risky Rask

Quote:
I'm out.
I tried --God knows I tried.
This is the kind of **** that gets you put straight onto my ignore list.

Ciao.
he's probably on more ignore lists than anyone on these boards but every now and then he throws in something that is worthwhile, why would you want to miss out on that ? Objectivity is the spice of life.

Old
07-22-2015, 02:19 AM
Lobster57
nosdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER 192 View Post
he's probably on more ignore lists than anyone on these boards but every now and then he throws in something that is worthwhile, why would you want to miss out on that ? Objectivity is the spice of life.
Do you have an example?

Lobster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2015, 04:23 AM
JOKER 192
Risky Rask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
Do you have an example?
Not off the top of my head but I do recall this poster posting intelligent posts on more than one occasion. I know he mostly brings negativity but sometimes the negative is the reality, like it or not.

Old
07-22-2015, 09:22 PM
What The Puck
Future GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB88 View Post
Your love for us Finns continues

How is elite player at 7M these days a bad value and especially moving forwards, elite player signed through his prime at 7M?

How are you going to find another elite player to replace his value to us with max 7M?
How is elite winger different than elite goalie, both will steal you games, series's and are huge core pieces, you won't be able to sign elite players with that money anymore.
Average goalies are now making 5M+ per year, price that will only go up, is that saving good enough reason to let go of elite goalie in his prime?

Do you think Montreal won't protect Price because he is going to get way more than Rask when he is 30y?
But he's not elite. There is no cup, and if you look at the statistics from last year, they weren't that great.

Old
07-23-2015, 01:15 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
But he's not elite. There is no cup, and if you look at the statistics from last year, they weren't that great.
Is Price elite?

Old
07-23-2015, 02:00 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
I LOVE the Nordiques team ---mainly because of their mutual hatred for the Habs. They are the only fan base that comes close to our hatred of the smug, dirty, diving Habs.
Yup I'd love to see the Nordiques back on the ice. Any enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2015, 02:03 PM
Trap Jesus

Really doesn't seem to affect us much at all. I'd welcome it at this point.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2015, 10:15 PM
BB88

Quote:
Your finnish love is impressive

It's very easy to say that he is elite, and what comes to last year you can say he had a off year and still put the same numbers as Holtby did in his career year while playing behind a better team/D and you can look how much love he is getting for that season.

3 seasons as a #1,

1st season,
2.00 .929% regular season, 1.88 9.40% playoffs,

2nd season,
vezina, 2.04 .930% regular season, 1.99 .928 playoffs,

3rd season,
2.30 .922 with a brutal mess team/D.

during that he was 1.73 .938 in the Olympics and 2.11 .924 in HC Plzen.

Would like to know what does it take to be elite in this league.

If the goal is to rebuild and waste Bergerons, Krecjis and Marchands prime then don't protect him.

Old
07-23-2015, 10:21 PM
Zac Rinaldo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Is Price elite?
he's the best goalie in the world, jean_jacket41.

Zac Rinaldo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2015, 10:22 PM
What The Puck
Future GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB88 View Post
Your finnish love is impressive

It's very easy to say that he is elite, and what comes to last year you can say he had a off year and still put the same numbers as Holtby did in his career year while playing behind a better team/D and you can look how much love he is getting for that season.

3 seasons as a #1,

1st season,
2.00 .929% regular season, 1.88 9.40% playoffs,

2nd season,
vezina, 2.04 .930% regular season, 1.99 .928 playoffs,

3rd season,
2.30 .922 with a brutal mess team/D.

during that he was 1.73 .938 in the Olympics and 2.11 .924 in HC Plzen.

Would like to know what does it take to be elite in this league.

If the goal is to rebuild and waste Bergerons, Krecjis and Marchands prime then don't protect him.
Oh yes, I look at the stats. What I saw was, a goalie that reflected the team in front of him. As far as Price goes, at least his team went to the playoffs. He can elevate his team in a way that Rask can't. We saw it last year. Why pay $7 million of your salary-cap to a guy that can't make your team better than it is? Winning a cup is not the only criteria to be considered elite, but I consider your cup performance as part of the resume. As I recall, he choked in the final minutes of game six. Not elite.

Old
07-23-2015, 10:37 PM
BB88

Quote:
Oh yes, I look at the stats. What I saw was, a goalie that reflected the team in front of him. As far as Price goes, at least his team went to the playoffs. He can elevate his team in a way that Rask can't. We saw it last year. Why pay $7 million of your salary-cap to a guy that can't make your team better than it is? Winning a cup is not the only criteria to be considered elite, but I consider your cup performance as part of the resume. As I recall, he choked in the final minutes of game six. Not elite.
I don't know where to start, so now that Price has had 1 better season and they made it this year he is elite and can elevate his team , he has pretty bad stats and few years with good stats. Also Montreal was pretty much 100% healthy last season.

Rask last year was the biggest reason we even got close to playoffs, Bergeron being the 2nd behind him.
Are you blaming Rask for Lucic, Chara, Seids, Krecji, Hamilton, Krug injuries? and blaming Rask for Lucic, Chara and Seids having tough years?
Are you blaming Rask that we lost JB and didn't replace him and lost Iginla and replaced him with ahl guy as a #1rw?
Because it seems like it.
I'd say that's quite a lot to take for Rask and Rask to carry us and he still posted the same numbers as Holtby did and everyone is loving his season and praising him but you are here to tell us again how Rask is not that good.

Also for Price his last 3 playoff year % stats are just so impressive and way better than Rask's,
.894, .919 and .920 and no Cup, no finals.

Rask is elite and I thought the Pens series's for example was quite good and we had maybe some other issues on the Hawks series's that made us lose.
You can't find us another guy who could give us what Rask gives you in his prime max 7M.

Do you know that average goalies get 5M+ and thats only going up, but take the 1.5-2M savings by losing elite goalie for average one. I hoped we were done with those moves.
It doesn't matter where Rask plays he posts elite numbers, in Finland, playing for Finland, in the NHL or wherever you want.
That guy has the highest % of all time and he got Chara+Seids past their prime.

We have a elite goalie early in his prime on a good contract that's only going to look better and you want us to go into rebuild mode, how many elite players do we have to give up for nothing?
You can start a poll and ask if Rask is elite and the answer is easily yes.

Last edited by BB88: 07-23-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old
07-23-2015, 10:47 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Which stats from the Bruins did you find from last year that were great?

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote