HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**OFFICIAL** GDT 11/22 - Kings @ Blues

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2005, 06:13 PM
LuckyLUC20

vCash: 500
**OFFICIAL** GDT 11/22 - Kings @ Blues

Game Time: 5:00 PM PST | 8:00 PM EST
TV Broadcast: Fox Sports Net
Radio Broadcast: KSPN AM 710
Online broadcast: Kings Webcast | NHL Radio

• Mathieu Garon will start in goal. - Daily News
  • The Kings have assigned forwards Jeff Giuliano and Ryan Flinn to the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League, Kings President, Hockey Operations/General Manager Dave Taylor announced today.
  • Click Here for the radio schedule of the LA Kings.
  • Click Here for the television schedule of the LA Kings.
  • Click Here For the Kings roster.

Quotable:

"He's an unbelievable player. When you talk about a combination of scoring and playmaking ability, there are probably only five or six other guys in the league with his kind of ability. He could dominate the spotlight, but he doesn't want it. He'd rather not be on center stage. He likes to stay in the shadows. That might hurt him with (winning) awards but that doesn't matter to him." - Craig Conroy on Pavol Demitra

"If it turns into a good thing where I can use it against the other team and they're upset at me, then even better. I don't think that when I initially say something, but usually the trickle-down effect plays out. It's the echo system of the NHL and the managers and the owners and all that. I don't know. All I know is I'm just sick of everybody being such stiffs." - Sean Avery - if pushing the envelope gives him an edge on the ice, he's all for it.

"Matty is the best defenseman in the league that no one knows about. He has been for years. This guy can play. It's my job to make him known to everybody." - Jeremy Roenick said after being traded to the Kings in August

"That was very classy what they did in the first period. It means a lot to me. I was there nine years, and they showed a lot of class with what they did." - Ian Laperriere on the Kings' video tribute to him

"It's not about winning the next few games. We're not going to win every game, but it's about putting ourselves in a good position for the playoffs. It's not about making the playoffs; that's not good enough." - Luc Robitaille

Injury Update:
  • Kings have activated left wing Luc Robitaille from the injured reserve list.
  • Derek Armstrong, who has missed 10 of the last 11 games with a groin strain, likely will play tonight barring a last-minute setback.

(from NHL.com)

**2005-06 Stats**

Leading Scorers:

Forwards:

Demitra, LA - 29 points (11 G, 18 A, +10)
Cajanek, STL - 17 points (2 G, 15 A, -4)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Defensemen:

Visnovsky, LA - 22 points (8 G, 14 A, +10)
Weinrich, STL - 7 points (1 G, 6 A, -1)

Probable Starters:

Garon, LA - 12 GP | Record: 6-4-0 | GAA: 3.05
Sanford, STL - 3 GP | Record: 2-1-0 | GAA: 1.69

GAA:
LA - 2.86 (10th in NHL)
STL - 3.84 (28th in NHL)

Avg. Goals:
LA - 3.71 (4th in NHL)
STL - 2.58 (26th in NHL)

Power Play %:
LA - 17.2 (20th in NHL)
STL - 13.7 (26th in NHL)

Penalty Kill %:
LA - 85.1 (5th in NHL)
STL - 81.6 (16th in NHL)

Code:
Pacific Division Standings:
1. Los Angeles Kings (14-6-1) 29 pts
2. Dallas Stars (13-6-1) 27 pts
3. Phoenix Coyotes (11-10-2) 24 pts
4. San Jose Sharks (8-8-4) 20 pts
5. Anaheim Mighty Ducks (7-10-4) 18 pts
Code:
Western Conference Standings:
*1. Detroit Red Wings (15-5-2) 32 pts  
*2. Los Angeles Kings (14-6-1) 29 pts
*3. Vancouver Canucks (13-6-2) 28 pts
4. Calgary Flames (13-8-2) 28 pts
5. Nashville Predators (12-3-3) 27 pts
6. Dallas Stars (13-6-1) 27 pts
7. Colorado Avalanche (11-7-3) 25 pts
8. Edmonton Oilers (12-10-1) 25 pts
-------------------------------------
9. Phoenix Coyotes (11-10-2) 24 pts
10. Minnesota Wild (9-9-2) 20 pts
11. San Jose Sharks (8-8-4) 20 pts
12. Chicago Blackhawks (9-11-0) 18 pts
13. Anaheim Mighty Ducks (7-10-4) 18 pts
14. St. Louis Blues (4-12-3) 11 pts
15. Columbus Blue Jackets (5-16-0) 10 pts

* - Division Leaders

Key/Division Games Tonight:
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Phoenix Coyotes 6:00 PM PST | 9:00 PM EST

Old
11-22-2005, 06:23 PM
kingbrath

St.Louis has been on their longest winning streak of the season(2 games). Sanford was also named the defensive player of the week. Hopefully the Kings can put an end to their HUGE streak and Sanford will get lit up!
There is no reason ON EARTH for the Kings to lose this one!
GO KINGS GO!!!!

Old
11-22-2005, 06:27 PM
johnjm22

If the Kings win tonight...

they'll only be one point away from having the best record (in terms of points) in the entire NHL.

they'll more than likely have scored more goals than any team in the western conference, and the second most in the entire NHL.

Go Kings Go!!!!!!!!

Old
11-22-2005, 06:36 PM
riznat

looking forward to it ... as always!

Luc is back, im sure he wont get a ton of ice time but it will be interesting to see where he fits these days. Looking forward to Garon as well, hope he can play as solid as he has the past two games, specifically more like how he did against he avs. I would really like to see roenick pick up a goal or few assists today, as would everyone else im sure.

We got some damn solid lines most impressive recently to me anyway has been Avery Belanger cowan line. They really did a hell of a job in Van. Much more-so than they got credit for.

Whos gets the Hat trick tonight? Pavol... Conroy... or Frolov

oh and im EAGERLY awaiting mr. George Parros' return I love that guy!

Forget lappy, Parros is the Johnny Depp of hockey, and you can and should quote that.

Old
11-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat

Whos gets the Hat trick tonight? Pavol... Conroy... or Frolov
That brings up an interesting question. Is the Frolov-Conroy-Demitra line the only one in the NHL this year to have a hat trick by each player?

Old
11-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Osprey

Let's not forget that the Blues beat the mighty Red Wings in Detroit in their last game. They'll be swelling with pride and confidence. This game could be a lot tougher than the Kings were hoping for.

Old
11-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Let's not forget that the Blues beat the mighty Red Wings 3-2 in their last game. They'll be swelling with pride and confidence. This game could be a lot tougher than the Kings were hoping for.
Or maybe it will give them a false sense of security and they get blown out. I guess it could go wither way.

Old
11-22-2005, 06:49 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Or maybe it will give them a false sense of security and they get blown out. I guess it could go wither way.
With the way that the Blues have played this season, I don't think that they feel secure about anything. If a team blows it tonight because of a false sense of security, it'll likely be the Kings. I hope they don't sleepwalk tonight like they did against Colorado.

Old
11-22-2005, 06:50 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Let's not forget that the Blues beat the mighty Red Wings in Detroit in their last game. They'll be swelling with pride and confidence. This game could be a lot tougher than the Kings were hoping for.
and i would imagine that any wings' fan would say that it was a case of a good team playing down to the level of their opponent.

Old
11-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

I would really love to see the Kings come out of this with a solid effort, considering how poorly they have played in St.Louis the past 10 years or so.

Old
11-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Osprey

You know, I'd happily trade a win for a loss if Roenick and Brown could each put up a goal and an assist tonight. Those two really need to get going. Right now, there's just about nothing I'd rather see than a beautiful goal from JR (especially one off of a beautiful pass from Brown).

Old
11-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Face Wash

Tonite is almost as much of a test as VAN and COL were... It's easy to "effort" against top opponents and play to their level of intensity, but over the 82 game schedule can you get up for games against teams you should beat by 3 or more goals (which they've already done v. STL)? Will they look past STL to DET?

We'll see...

I will say that if the Kings don't go crazy with penalties they should be fine. When they only have to kill 7 or fewer PPs the Kings are 14-2-1. I think after Saturday's game, they owe us a good 5-on-5 effort as well.

Old
11-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
You know, I'd happily trade a win for a loss if Roenick and Brown could each put up a goal and an assist tonight.
The way the top line is playing, you probably won't have to trade a W for an L if JR and Dustin get going offensively.

Old
11-22-2005, 07:31 PM
riznat

I think brown is a little too young and inexperienced to calm himself down enough to look up and check out where everyone on the ice is. Many times when i see him get the puck in the offensive zone he gets real excitable and will pass or shoot very quickly, like when you see someone who has a wide open net and rather than control the puck and make sure it goes in, they just start swining their sticks at the puck trying to bat it in the net the second the puck comes to them.

Once he learns to slow it down just a tad, and realize that he can look up and aim his shots better or make some better passes he will be a great offensive contributer. Im already a big fan of his without the goals, so i cant wait to see how he matures.

Old
11-22-2005, 07:46 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
I think brown is a little too young and inexperienced to calm himself down enough to look up and check out where everyone on the ice is. Many times when i see him get the puck in the offensive zone he gets real excitable and will pass or shoot very quickly, like when you see someone who has a wide open net and rather than control the puck and make sure it goes in, they just start swining their sticks at the puck trying to bat it in the net the second the puck comes to them.

Once he learns to slow it down just a tad, and realize that he can look up and aim his shots better or make some better passes he will be a great offensive contributer. Im already a big fan of his without the goals, so i cant wait to see how he matures.
In other words, he has to let the game come to him a little more... all the great players have that ability.

Old
11-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Osprey

Quote:
You pegged it. He doesn't look enough to see where his linemates are, as if he has blinders are, and is impatient when it comes to making plays. He needs to calm down, as you mentioned. It would also really help if he would drive to the net more.

Old
11-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'll be missing tonights game, gotta go coach my flag football team.

Old
11-22-2005, 07:56 PM
palffytofrovlov

Kings 5 - Blues 2....

Old
11-22-2005, 08:09 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
I'm excited to get Luc and Army back tonight! And the puck just dropped I expect a great game by our guys...

GO KINGS GO!!!

Old
11-22-2005, 08:11 PM
somethingcorporate

What the hell was that????

Unsportsmanlike conduct????

Old
11-22-2005, 08:12 PM
PrivateFubar

I didn't even get to say that with Mr. Magoo as the ref, we're in trouble...before he called Avery for unsportsmanlike conduct during a cycle.

huh?

Old
11-22-2005, 08:13 PM
LuckyLUC20

CORVO from Demitra!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-0 Kings!!!

Old
11-22-2005, 08:14 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
CORVO from Demitra!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-0 Kings!!!

Blues announcer pumping up his greatness because he has a +15

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
11-22-2005, 08:15 PM
somethingcorporate

Demitra amazes me everytime with his playmaking abilities

At least Corvo didn't miss wide this time

Old
11-22-2005, 08:17 PM
palffytofrovlov

Avery using his head!!! Kings back on the Powerplay... go back in the box Myers

Closed Thread