HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4 wins in a row!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2005, 07:23 PM
  #1
King of Kelvington
Registered User
 
King of Kelvington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,157
vCash: 500
4 wins in a row!

Can i get a hell ya, awefully quiet in leafland!!!

King of Kelvington is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 08:04 PM
  #2
Mr BLUEandWHITE
Registered User
 
Mr BLUEandWHITE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,241
vCash: 500
lets keep it going hope they dont lose to carolina this week i dunno why i just hate them maybe its there jerseys

Mr BLUEandWHITE is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 08:07 PM
  #3
Poikilitic
Registered User
 
Poikilitic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Sault Ste. sucks

Poikilitic is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 09:36 PM
  #4
King of Kelvington
Registered User
 
King of Kelvington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum
Sault Ste. sucks

King of Kelvington is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 09:49 PM
  #5
Scoogs
Registered User
 
Scoogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
You idiot. You're not supposed to say anything!

You just jinxed the winning streak. I learned my lesson in game 7 vs Ottawa last year. I said "I hope Belfour gets the shutout, that would be 4 in one round."

Ottawa scored shortly thereafter. I received a few slaps.

Scoogs is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 10:23 PM
  #6
Kardi
Registered User
 
Kardi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,948
vCash: 500
the leafs are finally gelling get use them winning
and i offically fear no team in the nhl

Kardi is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 10:25 PM
  #7
Big Mama*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: West Palm Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 7,653
vCash: 500
It's early.

Big Mama* is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 10:39 PM
  #8
Rand
Registered User
 
Rand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
I'll be excited if it hits 7-8 wins in a row. Until then it's merely a timely hot streak.

We've gone through this pattern multiple times this season... lose one, we're a lottey pick on the draft. Win one and we're cup contenders.
The old saying that you're never as good as you appear when your winning, and never as bad as you appear when your losing applies nicely on this board.

__________________
Welcome to Leafs Nation, leave your common sense at the door.
Rand is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 10:45 PM
  #9
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
we can beat carolina

Leaf Lander is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 10:49 PM
  #10
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
the next 5 games are

23 TSN WED vs BOS
25 TSN FRI AT CAR
26 CBC SAT vs MON
28 TSN MON AT FLO
30 TSN WED AY TB

Leaf Lander is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 10:53 PM
  #11
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,435
vCash: 500
How will they finish in the standings?

Anybody dare to guess where they will end up in the Eastern conference standings?
At the moment, they are on pace to approx. 100 pts... That should be good enough for a 2nd or 3rd place finish?

I can see them finishing in that position come the playoffs.

My prediction for the playoffs:
1) Ottawa
2) Philadelphia
3) Toronto
4) Montreal
5) Carolina
6) Rangers
7) New Jersey
8) Buffalo

That would mean Toronto vs. Rangers in the first round. That should be interesting!

ThinMcWhistle is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 11:02 PM
  #12
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 63,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finska
Anybody dare to guess where they will end up in the Eastern conference standings?
At the moment, they are on pace to approx. 100 pts... That should be good enough for a 2nd or 3rd place finish?

I can see them finishing in that position come the playoffs.

My prediction for the playoffs:
1) Ottawa
2) Philadelphia
3) Toronto
4) Montreal
5) Carolina
6) Rangers
7) New Jersey
8) Buffalo

That would mean Toronto vs. Rangers in the first round. That should be interesting!
Well since the Division winners are ranked 1 - 3 automatically and you have Ottawa #1 then Leafs at 3 is impossible to happen .

Based on your rankings here .. Carolina would be the 3rd seed and it would be #4 Toronto verses #5 Montreal in the first round ..

Mess is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 11:06 PM
  #13
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess
Well since the Division winners are ranked 1 - 3 automatically and you have Ottawa #1 then Leafs at 3 is impossible to happen .

Based on your rankings here .. Carolina would be the 3rd seed and it would be #4 Toronto verses #5 Montreal in the first round ..
You are right. It's been too long since we had the playoffs, I totally forgot about the 1-3 rankings. My bad.

But I still stand by the points finish and the teams that will make the playoffs.

ThinMcWhistle is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 11:19 PM
  #14
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 63,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finska
You are right. It's been too long since we had the playoffs, I totally forgot about the 1-3 rankings. My bad.

But I still stand by the points finish and the teams that will make the playoffs.
Having Tampa Bay missing the playoffs is probably the one that I would suggest you have wrong for sure IMO by your standings ..

Mess is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 11:25 PM
  #15
Big Mama*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: West Palm Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 7,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess
Having Tampa Bay missing the playoffs is probably the one that I would suggest you have wrong for sure IMO by your standings ..
I think you have to revise your standings and include Tampa Bay as a division winner .

Big Mama* is offline  
Old
11-20-2005, 11:32 PM
  #16
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,435
vCash: 500
Tampa might make the playoffs, but I think it will be a squeaker if they do. The Lightning are not the same team without Khabibulin IMO..
The scratches that are pretty certain are:
Atlanta, Washington, Florida & Pittsburgh. Questionable are: Islanders, Buffalo, Tampa, Boston, Jersey.
For certain (I would be shocked at this point if they didn't make it):
Philly, Rangers, Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Carolina.

ThinMcWhistle is offline  
Old
11-21-2005, 12:13 AM
  #17
Rand
Registered User
 
Rand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finska
Anybody dare to guess where they will end up in the Eastern conference standings?
Considerable overachievement- 5th in conference.
Overchievement-6th in conference.
Very likely-7th in conference.
Likely, my pre-season prediction-8th in conference.
Unlikely but plausible-9th in conference.
Very unlikely-10th in conference

Rand is offline  
Old
11-21-2005, 12:44 AM
  #18
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 63,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finska
Tampa might make the playoffs, but I think it will be a squeaker if they do. The Lightning are not the same team without Khabibulin IMO..
The scratches that are pretty certain are:
Atlanta, Washington, Florida & Pittsburgh. Questionable are: Islanders, Buffalo, Tampa, Boston, Jersey.
For certain (I would be shocked at this point if they didn't make it):
Philly, Rangers, Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Carolina.
I think you are not giving enough value to the unbalanced schedule and inter Division games .

TB plays each team in their own Div 8 times .. That means 32 games against Carolina, Washington, Atlanta, Florida .. That is the easiest Div in Hockey ..

With the Div winner an automatic a 2nd team from the Southeast is a vitual guarantee, particularly with no ties and 1 team needing to win even if both are weak..

IMO .. TB will feast on those teams

Mess is offline  
Old
11-21-2005, 02:14 AM
  #19
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
Considerable overachievement- 5th in conference.
Overchievement-6th in conference.
Very likely-7th in conference.
Likely, my pre-season prediction-8th in conference.
Unlikely but plausible-9th in conference.
Very unlikely-10th in conference
I hope you are wrong about this one.. It would likely mean a first round matchup against Ottawa..and probably with Hasek in net, this time a first round exit for us.. Let's hope that doesn't transpire.



Last edited by ThinMcWhistle: 11-21-2005 at 02:23 AM.
ThinMcWhistle is offline  
Old
11-21-2005, 02:39 AM
  #20
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess
I think you are not giving enough value to the unbalanced schedule and inter Division games .

TB plays each team in their own Div 8 times .. That means 32 games against Carolina, Washington, Atlanta, Florida .. That is the easiest Div in Hockey ..

With the Div winner an automatic a 2nd team from the Southeast is a vitual guarantee, particularly with no ties and 1 team needing to win even if both are weak..

IMO .. TB will feast on those teams
I checked the history on Tampa's games so far...
Against their own div. = 7 wins 5 losses
Against the rest of the conf. = 3 wins 6 losses

They are a 500 club.

ThinMcWhistle is offline  
Old
11-21-2005, 10:07 AM
  #21
Big Mama*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: West Palm Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 7,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess
I think you are not giving enough value to the unbalanced schedule and inter Division games .

TB plays each team in their own Div 8 times .. That means 32 games against Carolina, Washington, Atlanta, Florida .. That is the easiest Div in Hockey ..

With the Div winner an automatic a 2nd team from the Southeast is a vitual guarantee, particularly with no ties and 1 team needing to win even if both are weak..

IMO .. TB will feast on those teams
I concur, its early in the season. There will be a feast.

Big Mama* is offline  
Old
11-21-2005, 12:32 PM
  #22
Douggy
Registered User
 
Douggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
If I had to predict something now I'd say Carolina, Ottawa and Philly as division winners (Yeah, I'm really going out on a limb here) with Toronto and Montreal as the 4 and 5 seeds (not neccesarily in that order.

I think New Jersey and Tampa will be 6 and 7 and someone else will be 8.

But who knows, maybe David Tanabe is the 'missing piece' for Boston?

Douggy is offline  
Old
11-21-2005, 12:39 PM
  #23
Big Mama*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: West Palm Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 7,653
vCash: 500
Leafs in a 4 or 5 spot. The media predictions were the leafs scraping for the 8th seed. No less an expert than Pierre McGwire said that, two time Coach of the year, Pat Quinn would have to do the best coaching job of his career to get the Leafs into the playoffs.

Big Mama* is offline  
Old
11-21-2005, 01:14 PM
  #24
Douggy
Registered User
 
Douggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mama
Leafs in a 4 or 5 spot. The media predictions were the leafs scraping for the 8th seed. No less an expert than Pierre McGwire said that, two time Coach of the year, Pat Quinn would have to do the best coaching job of his career to get the Leafs into the playoffs.
Well of the teams currenly below us, which are THAT MUCH better than us that they will make it so hard for us to make the playoffs?

Oh yeah, I forgot the Rangers in my earlier post. At this point I'd be suprised if they didn't make it.

Douggy is offline  
Old
11-21-2005, 01:21 PM
  #25
Big Mama*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: West Palm Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 7,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy
Well of the teams currenly below us, which are THAT MUCH better than us that they will make it so hard for us to make the playoffs?

Oh yeah, I forgot the Rangers in my earlier post. At this point I'd be suprised if they didn't make it.
Clear sailing for as far as the eye can see (about 10 games). For the record I think Quinn will do his best coaching job since his first year as Leaf bench boss and make the playoffs easily.

Big Mama* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.