HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Allison rumors?

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2005, 11:12 PM
Habs33

vCash: 500
Allison rumors?

Is there any weight on these rumors of Allison being traded....did Allison or JF comment about them...or this leaf fans wanting him out rumors?

isn't he doing ok for a 3rd 4th liner at 1.5M?

Old
11-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs33
Is there any weight on these rumors of Allison being traded....did Allison or JF comment about them...or this leaf fans wanting him out rumors?

As far as I'm concerned there is no truth to them.

I'm not JFJ, or Quinn, but I don't think any of the crap coming out (asides from simply wanting more ice time) is true.

I don't expect a trade, and I don't want a trade.

Old
11-20-2005, 11:15 PM
ThinMcWhistle

Re:

You're dang right he is doing well for his position/salary.

The leafs would be crazy to deal him away at this point. There is nothing in his salary range that would make it worth while IMO at the moment.

Old
11-21-2005, 12:06 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:

THE LATEST LEAFS NEWS.
TORONTO STAR: Mark Zwolinski reported two days ago that Maple Leafs forward Jason Allison, head coach Pat Quinn and GM John Ferguson Jr all denied Allison went over Quinn's head to Ferguson to get more ice time. Zwolinski, however, reports a source claiming the incident did happen and that Allison's agent is calling around the league to tell teams his client may be available.

TORONTO STAR: link

Old
11-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Mattio11

Im not saying trade him. But at 4.5mil, he better continue his ppg status here thats for sure.

Old
11-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Rand

It's Toronto, everything in blown ridiculously out of proportion. I don't think more then 2-3 people here actually believe the Leafs are actively trying to deal him.

He's an absolutely fantastic bargain for his production at 1.5M.
An extra 2M for 75+ games played, and 1M for 70+pts both of which he's on pace for kinda dulls any perceived "bargain" however.

With that said, he's wholly living up to his contract IMO.

11-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
just get belak to run int ohim skating backwards

2 problems solved

I amaze myself!

Old
11-21-2005, 12:59 AM
Leaf Shaker

Quote:

This is the same thing that happens every November where some usual suspects from the media try to persuade the Leaf fans that all is not well in Leaf land.

The last season was about the players turning on their coach and that a firing was imminent.

And year in and year out, these usual suspects are always 100% wrong each time.

They have no credibility.

Unfortunately not everyone knows about these guys track records and their crap gets printed in the media and there are some that run with it.

But fortunately 99% of the posters on this board can separate what is fictitious and what is truth.

Old
11-21-2005, 01:01 AM
Mike1

I don't think it would be worth it for JFJ to trade him. Look at the Fedorov deal & how the Ducks got nothing. Besides the guy has been quietly improving & is 3rd in points on this team. He is also appears to have some chemistry right now with his linemates.

Old
11-21-2005, 04:47 AM
Kurtz

Allison has played considerably better in his last 3 games than he did in his previous 8 or 10.

But there's still a logjam at center, that can really only be solved by moving Lindros to the wing. Not sure if that's doable. I mean I'd love to see how Eric would work on Welwood's wing on the 3rd with Stajan/Tucker on the right, or with Mats in place of Steen who could play with Welly and Stajan, but Quinn seems pretty adamant about leaving Eric at C.

Old
11-21-2005, 07:04 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattio11
Im not saying trade him. But at 4.5mil, he better continue his ppg status here thats for sure.
Uh, you know he has to continue his point per game status to earn that 4.5 million, right?

Old
11-21-2005, 09:15 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:

Allison might be the only 3rd or 4th liner in the league that is getting a point per game.

Old
11-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Big Mama*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK
Allison might be the only 3rd or 4th liner in the league that is getting a point per game.

Imagine that... a crappy point per game player. I know a lot of teams that could use a crappy player that puts up a point a game.

Old
11-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Aki Berg

Allison is just another example of the good work JFJ did in the summer.

The Lindros and Allison signings, the Aki qualifying offer signing and the Jeff O'neill trade proved JFJ knows what he is doing with the Leafs.

Old
11-21-2005, 11:00 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

i cant recall aki ever being an assistant captain

Old
11-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Aki Berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
i cant recall aki ever being an assistant captain
Preseason game.

Old
11-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Hockey Talker29

Allison has been playing very well for a while now. Just take a look at his stats in November: 9 Games, 1G, 9 A, 10 pts, +6, averaging 15:53 mins./game

It took him a while to find his stride, but he really seems so have turned it up a notch lately.

Old
11-21-2005, 11:16 AM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Berg
Allison is just another example of the good work JFJ did in the summer.

The Lindros and Allison signings, the Aki qualifying offer signing and the Jeff O'neill trade proved JFJ knows what he is doing with the Leafs.
Oh please. Get over Aki, he sucks man. He has great size but he never uses it. He's a big disapointment. He was drafted 3rd overall and hasn't amounted to much more than a 3rd pairing defensemen. I swear I'm speaking to Aki here, and he is promoting himself. Really now. I can't see anyone being a fan of Berg, not even Berg himself. I'm sure after every shift he thinks to himself "man, I could have handled that better, what was I thinking!" Enough said.

Old
11-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor

When he was signed we would have all been very pleased at a point a game production from Allison. He has been productive in an Allison-sort-of-way and has been healthy. No complaints from this source.

But I doubt he is worth 4.5M in today's NHL.

Old
11-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recidivist
But I doubt he is worth 4.5M in today's NHL.
I disagree. Even if Allison does meet his bonuses $4.5 mil over one season is better than some of the other contracts handed out.

Old
11-21-2005, 11:50 AM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
Oh please. Get over Aki, he sucks man. He has great size but he never uses it. He's a big disapointment. He was drafted 3rd overall and hasn't amounted to much more than a 3rd pairing defensemen. I swear I'm speaking to Aki here, and he is promoting himself. Really now. I can't see anyone being a fan of Berg, not even Berg himself. I'm sure after every shift he thinks to himself "man, I could have handled that better, what was I thinking!" Enough said.
You gotta admire the mans consistancy, and persistance on the matter however.

Old
11-21-2005, 11:59 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:

as a complete outsider

I think the rumours started by people just to bored and needed to stir things up

I think some people are unhappy about the fact he as so many assists and not more goals

Old
11-21-2005, 12:31 PM
ERMINIO

Allison is just fine where he is ... they need to get more out of Antropov

Old
11-21-2005, 12:37 PM
william_adams

Is he available? Absolutely. Is he being shopped? Who cares... JFJ seems to be the kind of guy who understands the value of "assets". I don't think that there is any doubt that Allison's name has come up in trade conversations, it's only natural. I don't think anyone was banking on all of Steen, Stajan, and Wellwood being able to contribute this year which, with Sundin, Antropov, and even Wilm or Tucker, gives them tremendous depth in the middle. But he is an "asset" and JFJ would only move him if something of greater value was coming back.

Old
11-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Crossroads*

I do not want to see Allison moved. Many fans of L.A. and Boston have said that it usually takes 10-15 games to get going. Well, that seems to be ringing true here- he has played marvelous the last three or four games. He has found his legs and perhaps his permenant wingers in Antropov and Poni. Four points in the last two games.

IMO, he is not a third liner. The amount of ice-time he has gotten recently leads me to believe that Quinn has put him over Lindros on the depth chart. Again, in my opinion, Antropov - Allison - Poni looks to be a great line and is better than Kilger - Lindros - Domi.

But Quinn doesn't call his lines as number one, number two, number three, etc etc so whatever.

Closed Thread