HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Allison rumors?

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Northern Dancer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by william_adams
Is he available? Absolutely. Is he being shopped? Who cares... JFJ seems to be the kind of guy who understands the value of "assets". I don't think that there is any doubt that Allison's name has come up in trade conversations, it's only natural. I don't think anyone was banking on all of Steen, Stajan, and Wellwood being able to contribute this year which, with Sundin, Antropov, and even Wilm or Tucker, gives them tremendous depth in the middle. But he is an "asset" and JFJ would only move him if something of greater value was coming back.
Welcome aboard Billy Adams, keep the good posts coming, except the comment on Wilm.

Old
11-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Lottario

Why anyone would consider trading Allison at the moment is beyond me. The guy is quietly averaging a point per game, playing with linemates that aren't always what he was used to having in his former top line roles. Not only that, but the guys been out of the game for the past two years. I don't think anyone expected that he'd be playing as well as he has been able to in the past at the start of this season. His play should only continue to improve as the season goes on.

Old
11-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Brenty1984

Mark my words, Jason Allison will be the top point-getting forward on the team by the end of the season. That is by no means a slight against Mats or Eric, but it is what will happen. Here is my rationale.

First and foremost, he is just hitting his stride now. Mats has missed a lot of time, and he still seems to be working his way back to his normal form. I think the injury to Mats was in fact a benefit in disguise. It allowed management to get a better picture of what everyone else could do, and it now we better know. Moreover, Mats is not being counted on to be the only supplier of offense this season which will only come to benefit the team in the end.

Jason Allison has offensive talents that are unmatched on this team. Sure he is slow, but I would dare to say that he has vision that is unparalleled on this team, including Mats. Mats is obviously the better all around player, but Allison's offensive instincts are better.

Back to the original question. There is no reason to assume that JFJ will trade our best offensive player. Talk about it is absurd. However, no one (almost) in this league is untouchable, and if the right deal comes along, you better believe he'll be shipped out of town, just like any other player could be on any given day.

Fortunately, I have faith in JFJ and he appears to be smart enough not to do anything stupid.

Closed Thread