HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My genius solution for the pk...seriously

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2005, 03:37 PM
TheKingPin

vCash: 500
My genius solution for the pk...seriously

Im sure everyone of us flyers fans are yelling at the tv when the flyers just sit in the box. It basically dosent do anything. There is no pressure whatso ever so a guy like LeClair can feed a seemingly great pass to Crosby. Look at every other tam out there who deals with the flyers well, they pressure. If you pressure Leclair he is going to turtle in and protect the puck not look to give it rez mario gonchar or palffy... sounds good to me. Bootom line is ottawa and philly are going to meet in the conference finals... a scary thing. I have seen the senators pass the puck about 8 times in 10 seconds unchallenged. We lose if we sit back againts florida on the pk we need a change towards agressivness. For a good example of that watch the tamps pk.

Old
11-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
Im sure everyone of us flyers fans are yelling at the tv when the flyers just sit in the box. It basically dosent do anything. There is no pressure whatso ever so a guy like LeClair can feed a seemingly great pass to Crosby. Look at every other tam out there who deals with the flyers well, they pressure. If you pressure Leclair he is going to turtle in and protect the puck not look to give it rez mario gonchar or palffy... sounds good to me. Bootom line is ottawa and philly are going to meet in the conference finals... a scary thing. I have seen the senators pass the puck about 8 times in 10 seconds unchallenged. We lose if we sit back againts florida on the pk we need a change towards agressivness. For a good example of that watch the tamps pk.
Leclair had two guys all over him and made a sweet backhand pass to Crosby...

Old
11-21-2005, 05:44 PM
donelikedinner

during fridays game against atlanta, tsn.ca compared the Flyers PK to what seems to be the new 'PK' style and heres the basic breakdown:

Flyers - maintain the old 'box' and follow the puck
New Way - let the center/winger stand in front of the net, the 4 defenders aggressively go after each man in their 'zone' (forwards attack the d-men, d-men attack the forwards down low)

the rational is the goalie should make the first save anyways, then the defenders can collapse to the front of the net to clear the puck.

i think its worth a try since it can't get worse.

Old
11-21-2005, 08:03 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
The thing that killed me on the Crosby goal is that Hatcher was just sitting in front of the net watching Crosby who was 5 feet away, but not even putting his stick on the ice to disrupt a potential pass or moving out to get into a passing lane. We need more mobility.

Old
11-21-2005, 09:32 PM
deuceswild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
there will be no flyers in the conf. finals with the pk being as it is now. the "new nhl" is all special teams and im sure heatley alf and spezza would love to take advantage of the flyers desire to "hook" and "interefere."

i definitely agree that we have to be more agressive defensively and pay more attention in our zone but don't get me wrong, i love the shorthanded goals.

Old
11-21-2005, 11:26 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
You need speed out there. You need to pressure the puck like Knuble did in the other team's zone. This is where Sami Kapanen will be a big asset when he returns on Saturday.

Old
11-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
You need speed out there. You need to pressure the puck like Knuble did in the other team's zone. This is where Sami Kapanen will be a big asset when he returns on Saturday.
I thought he and Rico were back tomorrow...

Old
11-22-2005, 12:12 AM
Carter Pitkanen

1 problem is that we have Hatcher and Therien on the same penalty kill line. Honestly, I'd rather have Andy Delmore by himself over them 2 together.

Old
11-22-2005, 05:00 AM
vcx*

Don't you have to propose a solution to even say its a solution? All i read was a rambling of how the team played against Pittsburgh and how to be prepared for Ottawa (20games into the season, remember...at the 60 game mark, it would be different to say who the best opponent would be in terms of a challenge).

I'm not a flyer fan but, just had to read this "genius solution"...which seems to be M.I.A.

Old
11-22-2005, 07:38 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakine
Don't you have to propose a solution to even say its a solution? All i read was a rambling of how the team played against Pittsburgh and how to be prepared for Ottawa (20games into the season, remember...at the 60 game mark, it would be different to say who the best opponent would be in terms of a challenge).

I'm not a flyer fan but, just had to read this "genius solution"...which seems to be M.I.A.
The solution was to pressure the puck. Read it again.

Old
11-22-2005, 07:53 AM
vcx*

Yeah, on Leclair.

To pressure the puck carrier, thats not exactly a genius break through, thats pretty straight forward.

Old
11-22-2005, 12:18 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
definitly way to passive on the PK. are they afraid if they get to close they will bump someone and get another penalty called? i dont know but what ever it is it is not even close to working so far.
Some people may overlook it because the Flyers are winning hockey games but this cannot continue all season. I totally agree its time for some changes on the PK. it sure as hell cannot hurt. Getting Sami back will definitly help too but there has to be changes on the PK. Bottom line.

Old
11-22-2005, 01:06 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakine
Yeah, on Leclair.

To pressure the puck carrier, thats not exactly a genius break through, thats pretty straight forward.
Something that is not done by our team is the point we are trying to make.

Old
11-22-2005, 02:22 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
Something that is not done by our team is the point we are trying to make.
Thank you man just the rest of he nhl dosnt understand how bad our pk really is.

Old
11-22-2005, 03:19 PM
deuceswild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
I thought he and Rico were back tomorrow...
from what i understand rico should be back tonight agaisnt tbl and kapanen will be back around nov 30

Old
11-22-2005, 03:30 PM
DeleteThisAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceswild
from what i understand rico should be back tonight agaisnt tbl and kapanen will be back around nov 30
Latest article on the official site says Kapanen is due back Saturday, after inflammation of his knee (the one that was operated on).

Old
11-22-2005, 07:12 PM
MountainHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceswild
there will be no flyers in the conf. finals with the pk being as it is now. the "new nhl" is all special teams and im sure heatley alf and spezza would love to take advantage of the flyers desire to "hook" and "interefere."

Aren't the Flyers one of the least penaltized teams in the NHL?

Closed Thread