HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How was Roenick ever an impact player?

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2005, 08:10 PM
no name

vCash: 500
How was Roenick ever an impact player?

I understand that you lose your skills with age but he has shown absolutely zero moves, brick hands, no passing ability and leaves the zone without the puck more times than any rookie. Every pass tonight has gone directly to detroit. He had a 2 on 1 with a clear path to the ent and he pulls up and shoots 20 feet out.

Roenick is the biggest waste of money in hockey. The Kings got *****. We are paying 5 million dollars for a BAD hockey player. Anyone who disagrees with that statement needs to watch these games. He makes negative impact espescially when you consider that we could have 5 guys better for his price tag. The writing was on the wall in 03/04 where he clearly had lost 2 steps.

On the bright side Staples is full of idiots watching Roenick's bad hockey.

Old
11-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Osprey

Give it a rest, no name.

EDIT: Hah!

Last edited by Osprey: 11-09-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Old
11-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

11-09-2005, 08:33 PM
no name

Nothing really special about it. We had 5 men rushing the net. Soft goal.

Old
11-09-2005, 08:35 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Give it a rest, no name.

EDIT: Hah!
Why dont you want to admit that JR has played horrible this season? 5 Million dude.

Old
11-09-2005, 08:43 PM
no name

Sad when Holstrom out skates Roenick to the net for the score.

Old
11-09-2005, 08:57 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name
Why dont you want to admit that JR has played horrible this season? 5 Million dude.
1. It's really early in the season
2. JR didn't play last year
3. Give it up, there's plenty of time for him to turn it around. Even he said it would be a few months before he was back in top shape.

Old
11-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Osprey

Quote:
When did I ever say otherwise? Everyone knows that he isn't playing well and there's no need to get up on a soapboax and whine about it over and over again. Corvo has been really bad and particularly awful tonight, yet you don't see me creating a thread on the issue because it's, frankly, beating a dead horse at the moment. Just put your whip away and be patient.

Old
11-09-2005, 09:35 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
1. It's really early in the season
2. JR didn't play last year
3. Give it up, there's plenty of time for him to turn it around. Even he said it would be a few months before he was back in top shape.
1. No it's not
2. Yeah, him and a couple hundred others
3. I hope you look good in blue...

Old
11-09-2005, 10:17 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
1. No it's not
2. Yeah, him and a couple hundred others
3. I hope you look good in blue...
1. Out of 82 games, it's early rather than later.
2. True. But he's not the only one who didn't play having a bad start.
3. What the heck are you talking about with #3?
By the way , all you ever seem to post are negatives, do you ever have ANYTHING positive to say? If not, why do you post on this board? Just curious.

Old
11-09-2005, 11:13 PM
2padstack

He's said that he's having to work through some nagging injuries also.

Old
11-09-2005, 11:40 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
I understand that you lose your skills with age but he has shown absolutely zero moves, brick hands, no passing ability and leaves the zone without the puck more times than any rookie. Every pass tonight has gone directly to detroit. He had a 2 on 1 with a clear path to the ent and he pulls up and shoots 20 feet out.

Roenick is the biggest waste of money in hockey. The Kings got *****. We are paying 5 million dollars for a BAD hockey player. Anyone who disagrees with that statement needs to watch these games. He makes negative impact espescially when you consider that we could have 5 guys better for his price tag. The writing was on the wall in 03/04 where he clearly had lost 2 steps.

On the bright side Staples is full of idiots watching Roenick's bad hockey.
Seriously bro, i've seen you at Staples and you need a new pair of shoes.

Most of your knowledge of the game doesn't make an ounce of sense. You'll be eating all your words come post season anyways. Quite frankly that's all I care about. I don't care if we finish 1st or 8th. I want to see how we'll fare come playoffs, and for once nobody is talking about us...including the players. We're going to surprise lots of nay-sayers.

As for your comments on losing a step.......that just goes to show you know nothing of the game. He had 47 pts in 62 gms....came back from a horrible injury and had an amazing playoff run.....13 pts in 18 gms. You need to follow the Ottawa Senators.....they'll make all your dreams and point totals come true.

Old
11-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
No name, what were you drinking?

Old
11-10-2005, 01:47 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
3. What the heck are you talking about with #3?.
He's insinuating that if you're holding your breath for that to happen, you'll be blue in the face before it does.

Quote:
By the way , all you ever seem to post are negatives, do you ever have ANYTHING positive to say? If not, why do you post on this board? Just curious.
Definitely agree with this. I don't understand it either.

Old
11-10-2005, 01:51 AM
johnjm22

I thought Roenick looked decent tonight.

Seems like he's been picking up his game as of late. Still has a ways to go though.

Old
11-10-2005, 02:08 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
JR is looking better and better from game to game.

Old
11-10-2005, 02:11 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
He's insinuating that if you're holding your breath for that to happen, you'll be blue in the face before it does.
Wow, that's impressive, Legionnaire. I wouldn't be surprised if you're the only one who got that. Someone needs to tell Tubby (hehe... "tell Tubby"... get it? nevermind) that stinging witticisms are useless if they're not understood

Old
11-10-2005, 02:23 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
JR is looking better and better from game to game.
My thoughts exactly.

Old
11-10-2005, 03:18 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter

Most of your knowledge of the game doesn't make an ounce of sense. You'll be eating all your words come post season anyways. Quite frankly that's all I care about. I don't care if we finish 1st or 8th. I want to see how we'll fare come playoffs, and for once nobody is talking about us...including the players. We're going to surprise lots of nay-sayers.

As for your comments on losing a step.......that just goes to show you know nothing of the game. He had 47 pts in 62 gms....came back from a horrible injury and had an amazing playoff run.....13 pts in 18 gms. You need to follow the Ottawa Senators.....they'll make all your dreams and point totals come true.
There is a reason why Philly broke their backs getting rid of the guy. The only reason I slam on him is his salary. I dont blame him as much as I blame management. As far as my hockey knowledge, it is as extensive as my knowledge of classic carsand my 65 chevelle show car has been broken down for 2 years

Old
11-10-2005, 03:19 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
No name, what were you drinking?
Jack Daniels on ice.

Old
11-10-2005, 06:56 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
There is a reason why Philly broke their backs getting rid of the guy.
Yes, and his name is Peter Forsberg. I think any team in the league would make that trade.

Quote:
The only reason I slam on him is his salary.

I can understand that. But who were we going to sign with that extra money? Pretty much all of the "big ticket" free agents had signed by then, and after that, we still had the money left to fill the holes we needed to.

Quote:
I dont blame him as much as I blame management.
This I can agree with for sure. How in the world do you take on a player who almost retired due to 9 or more concussions after what you have gone through the last two years? Or better yet, what you went through. You know how serious concussion are DT!

While I'll admit that JR does bring other things to the team other than his on ice play...Still.

Old
11-10-2005, 07:41 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Wow, that's impressive, Legionnaire. I wouldn't be surprised if you're the only one who got that. Someone needs to tell Tubby (hehe... "tell Tubby"... get it? nevermind) that stinging witticisms are useless if they're not understood
Ok. Now THAT one I understood. Sorry I was so dense before, off night I guess

Old
11-10-2005, 10:15 AM
took420s

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter

Thank you Mr. S.

Old
11-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Well, to answer the original question, Roenick used to skate like the wind, hit everything that moves, was as slick as they come with one-on-one moves, was a sniper and a playmaker at the same time, played defense and provided tons of energy for his team each and every time he hit the ice.

If he's no longer such a player, well that's not your original question. Your original question was, "How was Roenick ever an impact player". I believe I answered you. He impacted the game in many ways, and if he can no longer it's because of father time, injuries, etc.

Old
11-11-2005, 02:38 AM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27
Well, to answer the original question, Roenick used to skate like the wind, hit everything that moves, was as slick as they come with one-on-one moves, was a sniper and a playmaker at the same time, played defense and provided tons of energy for his team each and every time he hit the ice.

If he's no longer such a player, well that's not your original question. Your original question was, "How was Roenick ever an impact player". I believe I answered you. He impacted the game in many ways, and if he can no longer it's because of father time, injuries, etc.

Roenick has never been the same after the knee injury he got on a cheapshot from Hatcher, a knee to knee blow. He was not the same player after the surgery. Hatcher (one of the dirtiest players in the game) also broke Roenicks jaw with an elbow on a boarding hit a few years later.

Hes still a good player but without the blazing speed he is not the dominant player he was once.

It sucks he is not on the Hawks, certain players just belong on certain teams. Like Luc never looked right in any other uniform than with you guys.

Closed Thread