HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I guess Avery only said what others are thinking

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2005, 04:17 PM
  #51
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,795
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
Gender based assumption!!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 04:47 PM
  #52
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
It is well understood that Avery is a volatile topic. But if your post does not add anything to a legitimate conversation, don't bother with it.

From here on out, any person that posts nothing more than his displeasure with Avery as a person and a player without adding something new to the conversation (e.g. "Avery is a worthless puke.") will be dealt with severely. Any person responding to such a post will likewise be dealt with severely.

From this point out, post at your own risk.

Is this from coming from the staff member posting warnings or as a threat of a good flaming from a LA fan?

Seem a little childish on a discussion board.

nine_inch_fang is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 04:57 PM
  #53
David A. Rainer
Registered User
 
David A. Rainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Huntington Beach
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
Is this from coming from the staff member posting warnings or as a threat of a good flaming from a LA fan?

Seem a little childish on a discussion board.
This is coming from someone who had to spend the last hour deleting posts from fans of both teams from everything ranging from trolling to curcumvention of the obscentity filter. An hour of my life I will never get back and I am none to happy about it. So it all stops on this board or everyone involved is going down. EVERYONE, no matter what city you live in or team you follow. EVERYONE!

__________________
Saxon Sports Information and Research
David A. Rainer is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 05:06 PM
  #54
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
This is coming from someone who had to spend the last hour deleting posts from fans of both teams from everything ranging from trolling to curcumvention of the obscentity filter. An hour of my life I will never get back and I am none to happy about it. So it all stops on this board or everyone involved is going down. EVERYONE, no matter what city you live in or team you follow. EVERYONE!
Dave has me shaking in my boots, and I'm not even one of the offenders [shivers]. You folks had better watch yourselves. Dave gets like Gollum when he's angry.


Last edited by Osprey: 11-25-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Osprey is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 05:07 PM
  #55
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Okay in light of the awsome threats I will be sure to steer clear of the almighty's rage.


Considering the fact that Avery has used his stick on Hordichuk's face twice in as many games, boarded a player in the first game this year, and declined atleast 5-6 invitations to "dance" over the last 2 and a half games, should Hordichuk have gone after one of your star players the way that has been suggested in this thread?


Note, I could mention atleast 5 other times that he has used his stick to hit people.

nine_inch_fang is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 05:10 PM
  #56
David A. Rainer
Registered User
 
David A. Rainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Huntington Beach
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Dave has me shaking in my boots, and I'm not even one of the offenders [shivers]. You folks had better watch yourselves. Dave gets like Gollum when he's angry.
As it stands now, I am already talking to Buffaloed about how far, as a global mod, I can stretch this because I want to lower the hammer on about 10 people (and before the Pred fans chimes in... yes, posters on BOTH sides) to make an example early because this is going to be an ongoing issue with Avery all year.

David A. Rainer is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 05:14 PM
  #57
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
As it stands now, I am already talking to Buffaloed about how far, as a global mod, I can stretch this because I want to lower the hammer on about 10 people (and before the Pred fans chimes in... yes, posters on BOTH sides) to make an example early because this is going to be an ongoing issue with Avery all year.

If he would stop doing all the stick work and shut his mouth it wouldn't be an issue. And the only reason I came to this part of the board is to see if all of the LA fans felt the same way as some of the trolls on the Pred board. Obviously if it is an issue all year than there is a problem with Avery that the NHL needs to rectify but if you really don't want it to be a problem on your part of the board stop blindly defending him


Edit: I would think throwing threats around would be just as frowned apon as bashing a player on another team but maybe that is just me.

nine_inch_fang is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 05:24 PM
  #58
David A. Rainer
Registered User
 
David A. Rainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Huntington Beach
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
If he would stop doing all the stick work and shut his mouth it wouldn't be an issue. And the only reason I came to this part of the board is to see if all of the LA fans felt the same way as some of the trolls on the Pred board. Obviously if it is an issue all year than there is a problem with Avery that the NHL needs to rectify but if you really don't want it to be a problem on your part of the board stop blindly defending him

Edit: I would think throwing threats around would be just as frowned apon as bashing a player on another team but maybe that is just me.
Flat and simple. Not a single one of us on these boards can do anything about what Avery does on the ice so I have no clue why you brought that up. And since he probably won't, it creates an issue for us mods on these boards to keep things civil. What I do have control over on these boards - all these boards and not just the Kings forum - is the conduct of posters and how they treat each other.

Yes, it is a THREAT. That's what a moderator does when things get out of control by the masses. If you have something constructive to add to the argument, great. If not, you will post at your own risk. Flat and simple.

David A. Rainer is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 05:44 PM
  #59
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
Obviously if it is an issue all year than there is a problem with Avery that the NHL needs to rectify but if you really don't want it to be a problem on your part of the board stop blindly defending him

So are you saying we should let posters call Avery this and that and just say nothing?

Those who defend Avery, myself included, have valid points as to why he is an effective hockey player. Those who bash Avery only seem to be concerned with how much of a dirty, coward he is. Which has more validity in your opinion?

WhatTheFox is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 06:09 PM
  #60
took420s
Registered User
 
took420s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Monterey
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 2,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00
So are you saying we should let posters call Avery this and that and just say nothing?

Those who defend Avery, myself included, have valid points as to why he is an effective hockey player. Those who bash Avery only seem to be concerned with how much of a dirty, coward he is. Which has more validity in your opinion?
I think the point is to keep it civil.

When a troll comes in with his junk comments, shut him down with facts, not by name calling.

I have a hard time letting it go myself but I have changed my perception of it by looking at the hate as a good thing. Avery gets under the skin and is extremely entertaining, especially in interviews.

Obviously there are multiple ways to form an opinion about the guy, we see him play every night so we have more FACTS to go by then these other haters do.

Can't wait until they play the Preds again, these games have been awsome (except for the losses of course). Too bad we can't seem to get the same thing going with the Ducks as far as competition goes.

Our team is really rolling folks, they will destroy Chi town tomorrow and I will be there to cheer on our whole team, especially Avery

took420s is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 06:17 PM
  #61
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
I think the point is to keep it civil.

When a troll comes in with his junk comments, shut him down with facts, not by name calling.

I have a hard time letting it go myself but I have changed my perception of it by looking at the hate as a good thing. Avery gets under the skin and is extremely entertaining, especially in interviews.

Obviously there are multiple ways to form an opinion about the guy, we see him play every night so we have more FACTS to go by then these other haters do.

Can't wait until they play the Preds again, these games have been awsome (except for the losses of course). Too bad we can't seem to get the same thing going with the Ducks as far as competition goes.

Our team is really rolling folks, they will destroy Chi town tomorrow and I will be there to cheer on our whole team, especially Avery
You're absolutely correct, and I never plan on resorting to childish name calling. It does amuse me how an NHL player who these posters have no personal relationship with can affect them so deeply. I always knew Avery was effective at agitating other NHL players, but to agitate their entire teams' fan base as well......ingenious

WhatTheFox is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 06:24 PM
  #62
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Do you need to always infringe upon the rules to be an agitator?

Do you think that someone that is continuously guilty of infringing upon the rules with their stick should be dealt with by the NHL through due process? Starting with warnings then progressing to fine and suspensions?

nine_inch_fang is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 06:25 PM
  #63
took420s
Registered User
 
took420s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Monterey
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 2,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00
You're absolutely correct, and I never plan on resorting to childish name calling. It does amuse me how an NHL player who these posters have no personal relationship with can affect them so deeply. I always knew Avery was effective at agitating other NHL players, but to agitate their entire teams' fan base as well......ingenious
Exactly! It is amazing how much these posters hate Avery, most without even watching him actually play.

They see clips here and there, read some of his quotes, and jump on the "Avery is the devil" bandwagon.

Are we better with him? Yes.
Would any other team be better with him? Yes.


Last edited by took420s: 11-25-2005 at 06:34 PM.
took420s is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 06:34 PM
  #64
took420s
Registered User
 
took420s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Monterey
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 2,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
Do you need to always infringe upon the rules to be an agitator?

Do you think that someone that is continuously guilty of infringing upon the rules with their stick should be dealt with by the NHL through due process? Starting with warnings then progressing to fine and suspensions?
Rules?

That is the Ref's job not mine. He got tagged with a double minor that resulted in us losing the game the second game the Kings/Preds played.

I'm sure the coach chewed him out. He still is a great skater and out hustles most opponents every single night. His penalties are down from last season because Andy Murray would rather have him on the ice making plays (unlike most goons/pests whose only job is to enforce/annoy first and make plays second).

I think Andy Murray is one of the finest coaches around and if he thinks Avery is an asset then the case is closed in my book.

I'm not sure I understand your point?

took420s is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 06:35 PM
  #65
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
If I may let me pose a question that I was actually thinking about earlier.

Since Avery would not go toe-to-toe with Hordichuk for the last two games which player should he have gone after?



As a note I will freely admit that I think this is the reason that Hartnell boarded Miller at the end of the second game. Now if this is the kind of thing you like in the NHL than so be it but if not than maybe as a fan base you should think about not siding with players that instigate such situations.

nine_inch_fang is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 06:39 PM
  #66
took420s
Registered User
 
took420s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Monterey
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 2,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
If I may let me pose a question that I was actually thinking about earlier.

Since Avery would not go toe-to-toe with Hordichuk for the last two games which player should he have gone after?



As a note I will freely admit that I think this is the reason that Hartnell boarded Miller at the end of the second game. Now if this is the kind of thing you like in the NHL than so be it but if not than maybe as a fan base you should think about not siding with players that instigate such situations.
Its nice of you to admit speculation as fact. Hartnell's hit on Miller was nothing. Miller's injury was from the door bracket that open's for the zambonis.

Next question.

took420s is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 06:40 PM
  #67
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
Rules?

That is the Ref's job not mine. He got tagged with a double minor that resulted in us losing the game the second game the Kings/Preds played.

I'm sure the coach chewed him out. He still is a great skater and out hustles most opponents every single night. His penalties are down from last season because Andy Murray would rather have him on the ice making plays (unlike most goons/pests whose only job is to enforce/annoy first and make plays second).

I think Andy Murray is one of the finest coaches around and if he thinks Avery is an asset then the case is closed in my book.

I'm not sure I understand your point?

Okay inforcing the rules is the ref's job. Fair enough.

That is good that his PIM's are down maybe he is learning something.

Do you think that a player that is guilty of consistantly using his stick to injure other players should be reviewed by the NHL?

nine_inch_fang is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 06:44 PM
  #68
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
Its nice of you to admit speculation as fact.
Did I say anything was a fact? I said I thought Hartenll was trying to send a message.

nine_inch_fang is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 06:47 PM
  #69
took420s
Registered User
 
took420s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Monterey
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 2,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
Okay inforcing the rules is the ref's job. Fair enough.

That is good that his PIM's are down maybe he is learning something.

Do you think that a player that is guilty of consistantly using his stick to injure other players should be reviewed by the NHL?
Yes.

Do I think that Avery tries to intentionally injure with his stick? No. Sticks fly up all of the time. He's not in McSorely territory right?

Avery has a bad rep (deservedly and undeservedly) but he is not the devil that he is made out to be.

took420s is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 06:51 PM
  #70
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
Okay inforcing the rules is the ref's job. Fair enough.

That is good that his PIM's are down maybe he is learning something.

Do you think that a player that is guilty of consistantly using his stick to injure other players should be reviewed by the NHL?

Not sure where hes going with this, but Ill bite.

Yes, players guilty of consistantly using their stick to injure other players should be reviews by the NHL.

If he's referring to Avery, I hope he realizes there are players who commit far worse stick infractions. The points to Avery bashing have been mostly about his turtling and smack talk. Now there's stick work issues as well.....good grief

WhatTheFox is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 06:53 PM
  #71
took420s
Registered User
 
took420s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Monterey
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 2,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
Did I say anything was a fact? I said I thought Hartenll was trying to send a message.
With the next sentence you qualified it as such IMO.

By asking us if we think its good for...implies that your scenario is factual. Since I disagree with your assesment of the Miller hit I cannot comment on the question because it was based on an incorrect statement IMO.

took420s is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 06:57 PM
  #72
David A. Rainer
Registered User
 
David A. Rainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Huntington Beach
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
Its nice of you to admit speculation as fact. Hartnell's hit on Miller was nothing. Miller's injury was from the door bracket that open's for the zambonis.

Next question.
Watch it! Careful with the sarcasm now. I'm trying to get a handle on the chaos so my fuse is very short right now.

David A. Rainer is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 06:59 PM
  #73
took420s
Registered User
 
took420s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Monterey
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 2,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
Watch it! Careful with the sarcasm now. I'm trying to get a handle on the chaos so my fuse is very short right now.
Wow you guys are cracking down.

Message recieved.

took420s is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 07:09 PM
  #74
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
With the next sentence you qualified it as such IMO.

By asking us if we think its good for...implies that your scenario is factual. Since I disagree with your assesment of the Miller hit I cannot comment on the question because it was based on an incorrect statement IMO.
That is the scenario talked about through most of this thread. Which is why I posed the question.

nine_inch_fang is offline  
Old
11-25-2005, 07:16 PM
  #75
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00
Not sure where hes going with this, but Ill bite.

Yes, players guilty of consistantly using their stick to injure other players should be reviews by the NHL.

If he's referring to Avery, I hope he realizes there are players who commit far worse stick infractions. The points to Avery bashing have been mostly about his turtling and smack talk. Now there's stick work issues as well.....good grief

I would question the strength of Avery's spine for avoiding the consiquences of his actions but I will avoid that since it has been

Yes I am refering to Avery and stick work. I beleive that he uses it every chance he gets when he thinks the refs aren't looking and he can get away with it. I also realize that the refs won't see everything and that we as fans with the benefit of replay do get to see these things but so does the NHL office.

nine_inch_fang is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.