HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Blake seriously injured tonite

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2005, 10:28 PM
jfont

vCash: 500
Awards:
Jason Blake seriously injured tonite

i'm really hoping he's ok but it looks really bad...

anyone else saw it?

12-13-2005, 10:31 PM
ILuvLA

Found this post, don't know how accurate..
Minnesota defenseman Kurtis Foster tried to go for a poke check and got Jason Blake's skates and Jason fell into the boards going in stomach, face, legs first.

Foster immediately called for attention and after Blake was on the stretcher, Foster said some words (probably of apology) to Jason who looked out of it and blinking slowly with an expressionless look.

From NHL.com
Blake, New York's second-leading scorer with 24 points on 13 goals and 11 assists, was taken off the ice on a stretcher after crashing headfirst into the boards.

Blake was taken to a hospital. The severity of the injury was not known.

With 12:40 left in the third period, Blake and Wild defenseman Kurtis Foster were chasing a loose puck in the Minnesota zone. Foster's stick caught Blake's skate, sending him into the boards headfirst in the corner.

After being down for nearly 10 minutes, with Islanders team doctor Elliot Pellman tending to him, Blake was helped to his feet and placed on the stretcher.

Old
12-14-2005, 12:25 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

lets hope its nothing too serious....he was having a career year

Old
12-14-2005, 01:21 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Looks like he's gonna be ok....on TSN they are saying he has full feeling in his arms and legs, he was just taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Old
12-14-2005, 03:17 AM
Fripp

Yah, it didnt look that bad at first, but then you see Foster on his knees over him looking really concerned. He was sprawled out for about 10 minutes then left sitting upright on a stretcher. Get well in time for the olympics, Blakey!

Old
12-14-2005, 03:22 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh?
Looks like he's gonna be ok....on TSN they are saying he has full feeling in his arms and legs, he was just taken to the hospital as a precaution.
That's good. Thanks for the update, Beauty. I was hoping it wasn't any worse than what happened to Flinn.

Old
12-14-2005, 04:38 AM
Mindcircus

Your guys' descriptions sound scary. Hope he's going to be ok.

Old
12-15-2005, 01:39 AM
SLang

Looks like he'll be fine - class move by Kurtis Foster too - from Newsday:

Quote:
On a day the Islanders set out for their annual holiday hospital visits to spread cheer, they cheered one of their own being released from the hospital. Jason Blake paid a surprise visit to Nassau Coliseum after Wednesday's practice and was met by teammates elated to see him.

"You're playing Saturday, right?" Rick DiPietro asked excitedly.

Blake grinned and mumbled, "Yeah," which prompted another roar from DiPietro.

But the Islanders will be without their energetic winger and second-leading scorer for at least one game -- Saturday against the Colorado Avalanche -- with what the team has called a "moderate concussion." Blake suffered the injury when he slipped and slammed his head into the corner boards during the third period of Tuesday's 4-3 loss to the Minnesota Wild.

Blake, who was released from North Shore University Hospital Wednesday morning, declined an interview at practice. But he did speak with a columnist from his hometown paper, The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead (N.D.).

"I don't even remember what happened," Blake told the newspaper. "There's a window there that's missing. People have been trying to fill me in today. I haven't seen the tape or anything yet, so I don't know exactly what happened."

Replays show that Blake lost his edge turning in the corner and slipped. At the same time, Wild defenseman Kurtis Foster prepared to make a hit on Blake, but instead Foster's knee hit Blake's head as it hit the wall. Blake was unconscious on the ice for several minutes and eventually was taken off on a stretcher. Foster left a message of concern and apology on Blake's cell phone after the game.

Blake spent the night at the hospital and by morning was feeling better, though he did tell the Forum he was "dizzy and tired." Still, his visit to the Coliseum Wednesday had coach Steve Stirling optimistic about a quick recovery.

"I never rule out Jason," Stirling said. "I didn't ask him. But I bet you if you asked him, he'd say, 'I might be ready for Saturday.'

"But I don't know that," Stirling continued. "I don't know it for a fact . . . The good news is, we have a couple of days in between games. He has time to get through what was a nightmarish situation for him."

Notes & quotes: Another energy player, Kevin Colley, was also injured -- albeit less seriously -- in Tuesday's game. He suffered a sprained knee and is out indefinitely ... Shawn Bates (hamstring) continues to improve. Stirling said he is hoping Bates can begin practicing next week.

Copyright 2005 Newsday Inc.

Closed Thread