HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Khavanov, Laflamme out 2-6 wks each

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 03:28 PM
bluebleeder38

vCash: 500
Khavanov, Laflamme out 2-6 wks each

Khavanov has a broken toe that he got against the Coyotes, and Laflamme got a fractured foot in the game also. Well ordinarily I wouldn't be too upset about these guys getting injured, but with Salvador and Walker already hurt, this is getting a little frustrating.

MacInnis, Pronger, Baron, Backman, Jackman, and Finley I guess will be the starting six, with maybe Brimanis or Stuart being a callup.

(from stlouisblues.com)

Old
10-14-2003, 03:31 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebleeder38
Khavanov has a broken toe that he got against the Coyotes, and Laflamme got a fractured foot in the game also. Well ordinarily I wouldn't be too upset about these guys getting injured, but with Salvador and Walker already hurt, this is getting a little frustrating.

MacInnis, Pronger, Baron, Backman, Jackman, and Finley I guess will be the starting six, with maybe Brimanis or Stuart being a callup.
Jesus Christ, here comes the Injury Bug again What does this team have to do to stay healthy.

Old
10-14-2003, 03:53 PM
DaBo

At least these are injuries to 'replacable' players. Although you'd love to have the same guys in the lineup every night, 3rd pairing dmen aren't that difficult to substitute for.

I'd be more worried about it if it were our top guys out, like last year. (**knocks on wooden desk**)

I hate seeing injuries to anyone, but IMO these will have little or no effect on the Blues right now.

Old
10-14-2003, 03:54 PM
ProfessorK

Send a message via Yahoo to ProfessorK
Yes, it seems our team is battling injuries again...however, in the "Silver Lining" department, this most likely means Backman will get an extended look with the big club. Guess we'll find out if he's ready for the big show now...

Any word on when Walker will be skating again?

The Professor

Old
10-14-2003, 06:52 PM
execwrite

Sorry to see anyone get hurt, and it's tough for those two guys, but this is the right time and these are the right guys if someone has to get hurt.

Lots of ice time for Backman and someone can come up from Worcester as the 7th defenseman until Walker or Salvador returns.

Great opportunity for Backman to make his case right now to stay in the NHL. I think he might be ready. He's gonna be a really good one.

Old
10-15-2003, 01:33 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
Sorry to see anyone get hurt, and it's tough for those two guys, but this is the right time and these are the right guys if someone has to get hurt.

Lots of ice time for Backman and someone can come up from Worcester as the 7th defenseman until Walker or Salvador returns.

Great opportunity for Backman to make his case right now to stay in the NHL. I think he might be ready. He's gonna be a really good one.
I hope you are right man, I finally saw signs of life in training camp and this past pre-season.

Old
10-15-2003, 06:33 AM
Irish Blues

The last I heard is that Walker is day-to-day, but with a groin strain figure 2-4 weeks from whenever it happened.

At this point I'd say another 1-2, if I find more I'll throw it out.