HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phoenix-Ottawa Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Release The Lehner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalfTheWiseNPowerful
My information is that Phillips is signed through 2006-2007 and is RFA after that.

On the trade, I'd at least consider doing it in the off-season if Doan's contract worked in our budget. TSN has him at $3M this year. Is that what he's getting each year?
Phillips is signed for this year and next year, but will be UFA after that being 29 years old.

According to THN Doan's cap hit is $3.192 Million. No contract length is given but I thought he was signed for atleast 2 more years after this one.

About the trade, I really don't know if I do this one. I really haven't seen Morris play too much so I might not think he's as good as he is. But the way I see it is:
- Havlat is slightly better than Doan, but not by enough for PHX to add anything significant so for trade value Havlat=Doan, it just depends on what type of player you're looking for.
- In my mind Phillips is better than Morris but after reading a few things about him I'd also say Phillips=Morris, the thing here is Morris is UFA after this season while Phillips has one more contract year before he's UFA so Phillips is worth a bit more.

Havlat for Doan I'd seriously think about but would probably rather look around and see if Havlat could fetch someone younger, with an entry level contract or atleast a few more years of RFA to keep the salary down. Phillips for Morris I don't do. Basically because Morris is UFA after this season, otherwise I probably do it.

Old
11-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
If you've watched Phillips this year, you wouldn't think that. He's been pretty bad for the most part. If he could ever play in the regular season like he does in the playoffs, he'd be great.
That wouldn't be that great, IMO. This way is better as he keeps his $$$ demand down by having so so reg. seasons, if he played as good in the reg. season as he does in the playoffs we would have no hope in hell of resigning him.

Old
11-23-2005, 08:08 PM
iceberg1984*

I like the trade but i doubt gretzky trades a canadian in Doan for A women in Havlat...........he might Kick Gretzky in practice

Old
11-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

I'd trade for a woman if she could play hockey as good as Havlat. lol

Old
11-23-2005, 09:39 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

I like the Havlat for Doan part from Ottawa's point of view, but not the Phillips for Morris portion.

Phoenix needs scoring and Havlat could answer that, but it just may be too risky to give up their heart and soul.

Morris seems to have plateued (sp) and Phillips I think may be a couple years away from reaching his potential. Morris is a decent defensemen, but with the Redden/Chara situation to play out (contract status this summer), it makes moving Phillips a little less attractive of an option.

All in all, it is a reasonable deal value-wise. I would likely pull the trigger from the Coyotes end, but would be less likely to make the deal from the Sens Point of view because the team is clicking well right now and the uncertainty on the 06-07 and beyond blue line. It would be great to go to war with Doan rather than Havlat (not bright and very streaky, but untapped potential) in the Eastern Conference. In Ottawa's shoes I offer a counter proposal of Havlat and conditional pick based on playoff rounds won in exchange for Doan.

Old
11-23-2005, 10:20 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
They have that 2nd line centre, it's Mike Fisher. For some reason he hasn't been given a shot to be that guy, I'm not really sure why. Clearly he would be a better option than Bryan Smolinski.
Fisher has exploded lately. I think most Sens fans think he can be a 2nd line center, just no one is sure if he can stay healthy. I think he has 11 points in his last 15 games though.

Old
11-23-2005, 10:27 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I'd admit I'd rather have Doan than Havlat, in terms of straight player comparison.

Havlat is only really good when he's an offensive threat, so if he's slumping, he's pretty invisible.

Doan has other parts of his game.

That being said, I wouldn't want Morris for Phillips. Chris has been our most consistent d-man in the post-season and trading away a guy who steps up when it counts isn't a great idea.

Old
11-23-2005, 10:37 PM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
Fisher has exploded lately. I think most Sens fans think he can be a 2nd line center, just no one is sure if he can stay healthy. I think he has 11 points in his last 15 games though.
I like Fish better as a winger. He's free to play more of a power/pressure game.

Old
11-23-2005, 11:14 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
They have that 2nd line centre, it's Mike Fisher. For some reason he hasn't been given a shot to be that guy, I'm not really sure why. Clearly he would be a better option than Bryan Smolinski.
Sure, if he could stay healthy for 10 minutes. It's not that he hasn't been given a shot, it's that he can't stay healthy for more than 5 minutes. 6 mins would be great!

Otherwise, he's a great candidate for the center position between 2nd line and 3rd. The 2.5 center.

Closed Thread