vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePenguin66
I need an info about this two player!
Who is better??? Who has more upside??
Who is staying in the NHL???
What`s their potential???

THX LP66
Well, to answer your secod post, both will see PP time. Everybody gets PP time on the Wild, even our 4th liners. Lemaire uses it as a reward for solid play. When Gaborik and Dupuis come back, I could see Burns playing on the first unit and Brandner would definitely have a place on the second unit. I don't put him on the first because his passing isn't exemplary and Gabby and Dupuis would be the primary finishers.

I don't think anyone knows which of the two players is better right now. We've only seen them play a couple of games and Brandner is ten years older. Burns has higher potential but they both have shown that they belong in the NHL.

Their games aren't really that different. Brandner is a great scorer, but his passing is average. I've seen him float a couple of pucks when he was just sliding the puck to his left 10-15 feet. He's great down low though, quick hands, and he's got a heavy shot. Very strong on the puck. He hardly ever falls down and is good at getting possession of the puck in the corners. And then he's good at maintaining possession. Solid skater. Potential? I can see him as a 20 goal scorer with another 15-20 assists. I really like his play. Whenever he's on the ice, the puck starts moving towards the opposition's net. Good things just seem to happen when he's on the ice.

Burns is a little bit more of a question mark because he's so young. He's only played the forward position for one year. He was a defensemen until 2002. Big kid. 6'4, but only 200 pounds. Lemaire is ecstatic that Burns is a member of the Wild. He's always saying something good about him. Lemaire commented that Burns isn't afraid of the physical battles at his age and that he'll be a man-child in the corners by the time he's 21-22. Good shot, skating is excellent for his size and it will only get better once he gets a little more used to his height. Backchecks well. I can see him as a 2nd line PF, getting 30 goals and 30 assists. And he'll always have a good +/- because he's defensively aware.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:27 AM
Sea Bass

Contrary to popular belief, Burns was not a defenseman until 2002. He was a forward all through minor hockey. Yes, he was a defenseman during the 01-02 season in Tier II Couchiching, but he was always a forward until that year. He played defense in Couchiching because his team had injuries back there and he was converted for the year. Once he got to Brampton last season, while he was interested in playing defense, Butler made him a winger again, his natural position. Probably a good move.

Old
10-15-2003, 09:44 AM
Dan-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Bass
Contrary to popular belief, Burns was not a defenseman until 2002. He was a forward all through minor hockey. Yes, he was a defenseman during the 01-02 season in Tier II Couchiching, but he was always a forward until that year. He played defense in Couchiching because his team had injuries back there and he was converted for the year. Once he got to Brampton last season, while he was interested in playing defense, Butler made him a winger again, his natural position. Probably a good move.
Really??? If so, the Twin Cities' popular media has let us down again. Thanks for the scoop.

Old
10-16-2003, 08:04 AM
Sea Bass

Don't blame the Twin Cities media. Pretty much everybody (including Bob McKenzie of TSN up here) thought that. I don't know why.

I guess the whole "and he's only played forward for a year" myth fit nicely with the whole "look how much he grew and look how much he rose in the CSS rankings" thing.

Closed Thread