HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers-Thrashers 11/24 game notes

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2005, 12:49 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Rangers-Thrashers 11/24 game notes

The Rangers may rest Steve Rucchin for the Atlanta game because of his strained groin injury and a bad back.Rucchin wants to play

Quote:
In preparation for the possibility Rucchin might not play tonight in Atlanta against the Thrashers, Renney moved first line left wing Martin Straka into Rucchin's spot on the second line, centering for Ville Nieminen and Marcel Hossa. Petr Prucha moved up into Straka's spot on the left of Michael Nylander and Jaromir Jagr, and spare forward Chad Wiseman skated in Prucha's spot on the fourth line, with Blair Betts and Jason Ward
http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/inde...910.xml&coll=1

Fedor Tyutin says he is ready to return and the Rangers equipment staff has created an additional protective flap to cover the ring and pinkie finger of his left glove

Tom Renney has no plans to name a captain because he likes the team leadership coming from more than one player

Old
11-24-2005, 12:54 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Sounds like Tyutin will be in the lineup. Wonder who is going to sit? Malik and Roz have played poor games recently IMO so I woulnd't be suprised to see one of them (malik more likely)

Last edited by FLYLine24: 11-24-2005 at 01:39 AM.
Old
11-24-2005, 12:56 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Bring up Immonen he has earned a shot over wiseman. Wiseman is a lefthanded shooting Jim Hiller.

Old
11-24-2005, 01:25 AM
broadwayblue

this is the fourth time this season the Rangers have won 3 in a row. hopefully the fourth time is the charm and they can finally extend their longest winning streak to 4.

Old
11-24-2005, 01:52 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Bring up Immonen he has earned a shot over wiseman. Wiseman is a lefthanded shooting Jim Hiller.
There's no-one on this board (who's not from Jyväskylä) who wants to see Immonen play more than me, but it would be a huge and unwarranted slap in the face to send Wiseman down right now.

Let him play. At worst you'll get a lot of hard work out of him. At best, he'll translate some of his AHL play into the NHL game.

Last edited by 007: 11-24-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old
11-24-2005, 04:47 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Renney indicated that Kevin Weekes, who had 37 saves in Tuesday's 3-2 shootout win over Buffalo, would start tonight against the Thrashers ... D Fedor Tyutin (fractured finger) should return after missing three games
http://www.newsday.com/sports/printe...y-sports-print

Old
11-24-2005, 06:50 AM
eco's bones

At this point I think you have to play Wiseman too. If Rucchin is out for any length of time though I'd seriously think about bringing Jarkko up because that 2nd line center spot is where you'd eventually want him to be anyway.

Old
11-24-2005, 06:59 AM
free0717

When Rosie gets back, i would like to see Straka Center Rosie and marcel. Prucha to play LW w/ Jagr and Nylander. That would give us two lines who can score.

Ruccin=Dinasour.

Old
11-24-2005, 09:07 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Now is the perfect time to give so guys some rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
The Rangers may rest Steve Rucchin for the Atlanta game because of his strained groin injury and a bad back.Rucchin wants to play

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/inde...910.xml&coll=1

Fedor Tyutin says he is ready to return and the Rangers equipment staff has created an additional protective flap to cover the ring and pinkie finger of his left glove

Tom Renney has no plans to name a captain because he likes the team leadership coming from more than one player
After tonight we have four days off, right? If I'm renney I rest Rucchin and don't rush Tyutin back. That gives them both 5 extra days off to either heal or rest.

Old
11-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Large_Farva*

Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Jim Hiller is a saint! He will lead the Alberni Valley Bulldogs to glory!

I skated with him two summers ago. He's a good guy.

Old
11-24-2005, 09:59 AM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Chad should definitely play. He's done everything right at the AHL level and has nothing left to prove. He should be in the NHL.

I've kept quiet about this long enough!

Old
11-24-2005, 10:21 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Hmm. If Immonen is our projected 2nd line center of the future,and he does not suit up when our 2nd line center is injured,then when excactly do we play him???

Old
11-24-2005, 10:23 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
After tonight we have four days off, right? If I'm renney I rest Rucchin and don't rush Tyutin back. That gives them both 5 extra days off to either heal or rest.
We have a game on Saturday, then we have 5 days off.

Old
11-24-2005, 11:25 AM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hour
Hmm. If Immonen is our projected 2nd line center of the future,and he does not suit up when our 2nd line center is injured,then when excactly do we play him???
I don't mind, I like the fact that Prucha will be playing with Jagr now. If Immonen came up, he would play center and Straka would play LW... and Prucha would still be on the 3rd line.

Old
11-24-2005, 11:25 AM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
When Rosie gets back, i would like to see Straka Center Rosie and marcel. Prucha to play LW w/ Jagr and Nylander. That would give us two lines who can score.

Ruccin=Dinasour.
I would like that too, but then where does Rucchin play. Betts and Moore are playing too well to bench one of them, and I don't think either plays wing right?

Old
11-24-2005, 12:29 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
At this point I think you have to play Wiseman too. If Rucchin is out for any length of time though I'd seriously think about bringing Jarkko up because that 2nd line center spot is where you'd eventually want him to be anyway.
At this point, no matter who plays center, I would get Wiseman into a game and sit Hossa. Maybe it will light a fire underneath Hossa or, at worst, we'll get to see what Wiseman has got.

Old
11-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicpixie
Chad should definitely play. He's done everything right at the AHL level and has nothing left to prove. He should be in the NHL.
Just out of curiosity, what has he "proven" at the AHL level?

Old
11-24-2005, 03:16 PM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan
Just out of curiosity, what has he "proven" at the AHL level?
Chad's proven that he's a hockey player. He's got the skill, the speed, and the heart. He goes out there every game, works hard, and gives his all on every shift. His offensive abilities are quite evident (you'll always see him on the scoresheet), and his defensive game has really improved since he's been in Hartford.

Old
11-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Ola

I think Wiseman is a decent fill-in. Wiseman doesn't have the best finnishing skills but he is gooing to play on the 4th line. He is a much better option there then guys like Giroux.

Closed Thread