HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PIT/SJ proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakine
Ouch? Jackman would be top 4 in points on the Sharks...ouch is how San Jose has been playing.
There's ALOT more to hockey than just points, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know that.

Old
11-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Steve Latin*

The Pens could probably use Toskala. How about Toskala for Thibault and a second?

Old
11-24-2005, 08:04 PM
craig1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Latin
The Pens could probably use Toskala. How about Toskala for Thibault and a second?
Why?

That deal makes no sense whatsoever for the Pens.

Old
11-24-2005, 08:25 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1
Why?

That deal makes no sense whatsoever for the Pens.

Just take it an run, don't ask questions, just take it and run.

Toskala might suprise and be a solid #1 goalie which would make the Fleury thing a lil bit weird to deal with, but i would much rather have two #1 goaltenders than two back ups pretending to be #1 goaltenders like we are doing right now.

Any deal where we lose Thibault i am all for, about the thing about points, yeah i was just saying Jackman isn't all that bad, he sucks on defense but hey he could help the Sharks jump start their offense, which is pretty lacking from what i have seen in the past few games. I actually used to like the sharks when they first came out, just haven't followed them as much in the past year or two.

Old
11-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Year of the Shark!!!

Quote:
Just take it an run, don't ask questions, just take it and run.

Toskala might suprise and be a solid #1 goalie which would make the Fleury thing a lil bit weird to deal with, but i would much rather have two #1 goaltenders than two back ups pretending to be #1 goaltenders like we are doing right now.

Any deal where we lose Thibault i am all for, about the thing about points, yeah i was just saying Jackman isn't all that bad, he sucks on defense but hey he could help the Sharks jump start their offense, which is pretty lacking from what i have seen in the past few games. I actually used to like the sharks when they first came out, just haven't followed them as much in the past year or two.

We don't need a goalie but I'll take Malone + a pick for Toskala

Old
11-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Yeah, that works. Give the Penguins 3 goalies with one-way deals with Fleury stuck in Wilkes-Barre...

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
11-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Year of the Shark!!!

Fine, how about this:

To Pit: Stuart + Sturm

To SJ: Palffy + Malone + Jackman

Old
11-25-2005, 12:41 AM
craig1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year of the Shark!!!
Fine, how about this:

To Pit: Stuart + Sturm

To SJ: Palffy + Malone + Jackman
Remove Malone and it would be fair....

......but the Pens won't move Ziggy. He's really blending well with Crosby.

Old
11-25-2005, 12:49 AM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjardus Greidanus
Yeah, that works. Give the Penguins 3 goalies with one-way deals with Fleury stuck in Wilkes-Barre...

I say we trade Caron to the blues for a pick, Thibault and a pick to San Jose for Toskala and call up fleury and go with that tandem.

Couldn't be any worse than what we have right now, only way to go is up with a Toskala-Fleury tandem.

Old
11-25-2005, 12:51 AM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1
Remove Malone and it would be fair....

......but the Pens won't move Ziggy. He's really blending well with Crosby.

I think Crosby has shown he can have chemistry with any linemate, he worked well with Recchi and works well with Palffy...i wouldn't be too choked to see Palffy go as long as what we get back helps our team out. I like the idea of Sturm on the penguins as i am a fan of Marco's, but a deal like that is not bound to happen...if it does then thank you CP, if not...lets see if we can make the playoffs with our current roster and the odd call up and send downs.

Old
11-25-2005, 02:54 AM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
I think Crosby has shown he can have chemistry with any linemate, he worked well with Recchi and works well with Palffy...i wouldn't be too choked to see Palffy go as long as what we get back helps our team out. I like the idea of Sturm on the penguins as i am a fan of Marco's, but a deal like that is not bound to happen...if it does then thank you CP, if not...lets see if we can make the playoffs with our current roster and the odd call up and send downs.
It's a terrible business practice to trade away recently signed free agents. Palffy's played 20 some games with the Pens, to trade him would be ridiculous. First, he's a great player. Second, it sheds a bad light on your franchise. The Penguins wouldn't get equal value back in a trade for Palffy, anyway.

Old
11-25-2005, 03:01 AM
vcx*

I said i wouldn't be choked if they traded Palffy...its great to have him in Pittsburgh, i just wish he found his touch and starts to get back on his LA kings type pace.

The only thing i can hope for is the post where discuss trading Caron and Thibault.

I would hope to see Thibault and a 3rd round pick traded to San Jose for Toskala, then trade Caron for a futures to St.Louis and finally let Fleury come up and take the reigns, in WBS Sabourin seems to be fully capable of being a #1 goalie there and Chiodo belongs on the wbs team not in echl.

Closed Thread