HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton Sports Radio Thread - Part 5

Old
09-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Psychoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
did anyone hear Corey Graham whining and complaining about people wanting to talk Oilers in August? It pissed me off, this is his job, sports radio, most people would love to have a job like that. And in this market, the Oilers are king, all year long, simple as that. Majority rules. Then he has the balls to basically say people pathetic for wanting to talk Oilers in the summer. That is why this guy will never be a good talk show host, sure maybe he prefers being a play by play man, but it's still a dumb move to bite the hand that feeds. Even though, I think he has a great job, most people don't love every second of their jobs either, but keep their mouths shut. I think he should think before he speaks, it's not like he's on the air for 8 or 12 hours a day. It's 4 hours at most, suck it up princess.

People can say all they want about Bob Stauffer, that he sold out, or that he's a repetitive. But the guy loves Oilers, he loves hockey, and he loves talking hockey, all year long. Even though I think Bob was better before he went to Ched, every single Oiler fan here would of done the same thing, he was given a chance to be the colour guy on radio for the team he has loved since he was a kid. To travel with the team, to be close to the players and coaches and management. Ummm, how many people would trade jobs with him right now? that's right, a ton of us.
This, 10000%. I don't care about anything else except hockey and lately, 1260 has been really pissing me off with their garbage programming. At the very least, Bob Stuaffer is always talking oilers no matter what day it is, and that's why I've listened to his show all summer. HE is super pumped about the season starting and I feed off of that.

I feel lowtide has been the absolute worst this summer about talking everything but oilers. Everytime I tune into his show he introduces the fact that it will be a "football intensive show" and so I turn it off right away.

Psychoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Beerfish

They have a show called 'Oilers Now' that is an ALL year show what the hell more do you guys want? Most of the other shows should talk about other sports.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
They have a show called 'Oilers Now' that is an ALL year show what the hell more do you guys want? Most of the other shows should talk about other sports.
OilersNow
OilersHourly
OilersDaily
OilersWeekly.

That's what we want!

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
I assume this summer is worse then most, McDavid, new Front Office, actual excitement and positivity, so it's likely driving more Oilers talk around this time of the year then we would normally see, imo.

Jimmi McJenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2015, 01:51 PM
The Messiah

vCash: 717
I love that many radio shows are talking things other than the Oilers. There are only so many hours discussions about possible line combos, training schedules, PP units, dman pairings, etc that one can take.

There will be plenty of time during the season devoted to Oilers talk. Nice to get a bit of a break from it in the summer.

The Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2015, 07:49 AM
hawks889

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
I love that many radio shows are talking things other than the Oilers. There are only so many hours discussions about possible line combos, training schedules, PP units, dman pairings, etc that one can take.

There will be plenty of time during the season devoted to Oilers talk. Nice to get a bit of a break from it in the summer.
amen, wish there was more non oiler talk in the summer, talking about line combos, dman pairings etc gets boring when there are no games on the horizon. |Its why i usually tune out of 1260 and ched during july , and august.

hawks889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2015, 08:03 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks889 View Post
amen, wish there was more non oiler talk in the summer, talking about line combos, dman pairings etc gets boring when there are no games on the horizon. |Its why i usually tune out of 1260 and ched during july , and august.
Come on man, ched has very valuable information on what kind pots to use for your outdoor plants

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2015, 11:01 AM
MoneyGuy

I saw Struds for the first time on TV the other day. The guy needs some wardrobe advice.

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2015, 02:28 PM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I saw Struds for the first time on TV the other day. The guy needs some wardrobe advice.
After letting himself get involved in the almost unwatchable nightly amateur hour that is Dinner Television, it's clear that Strudwick could use some career advice as well.

abootzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2015, 06:43 AM
Took a pill in Sbisa
2showToffoliIwascool

vCash: 1323
Would be nice to have more out of town guests from other teams on Oilers Now. There's only so much to talk about with this team and would be interesting to hear these discussions about other teams.

Took a pill in Sbisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2015, 08:53 AM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Would be nice to have more out of town guests from other teams on Oilers Now. There's only so much to talk about with this team and would be interesting to hear these discussions about other teams.
You've just nailed why I spend more than 95% of my local sports talk listening time to TSN 1260 instead of the Oilers' broadcast rightsholders.

Old
09-06-2015, 10:31 AM
SK13
T. Yoshi Muchakoopas

Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
You've just nailed why I spend more than 95% of my local sports talk listening time to TSN 1260 instead of the Oilers' broadcast rightsholders.
Bob talks to people from other organizations all the time during the course of the season.

The way you say things sometimes... like "Oilers broadcast rightsholders", which is some **** people are trained to say on radio instead of marketing "630 CHED".

Suspicious.

Last edited by SK13: 09-06-2015 at 10:32 PM.
SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2015, 11:26 AM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
The way you say things sometimes... like "Oilers broadcast rightsholders", which is some **** like people are trained to say on radio instead of marketing "630 CHED".

Suspicious.
I don't work for TSN 1260 but I've always preferred its sports coverage to 630's. CHED being the Eskimos/Oilers rightsholders is the only thing that draws me to listen to that station at all.

Last edited by abootzky: 09-06-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old
09-06-2015, 10:19 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Bob talks to people from other organizations all the time during the course of the season.

The way you say things sometimes... like "Oilers broadcast rightsholders", which is some **** like people are trained to say on radio instead of marketing "630 CHED".

Suspicious.
Suspicious indeed.

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2015, 10:34 AM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixed to Ruin View Post
Suspicious indeed.
Settle down Tencer.

Old
09-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
For those starving for hockey talk, albeit not Oilers, The Pipeline Show is 100% hockey 100% of the time, twice a week, 12-months a year.

On Saturday we previewed two more WHL clubs (more than halfway done now), spoke with a scout from HP about OHL guys for the 2016 NHL Draft, chatted with local product and Blue Jackets prospect Pete Quenneville and also spoke with the top ranked player for the 2016 draft from his new home in Switzerland; Auston Matthews.

LINK

09-08-2015, 11:02 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixed to Ruin View Post
Suspicious indeed.

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Not Robin Brownlee
The docile tones!

Greg shouldn't say 'sick'.. i cringe when i hear it.

Not Robin Brownlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2015, 11:36 AM
KlaireMcVoyant

vCash: 323
Am I currently listening to ESPN now instead of Lowetide?

KlaireMcVoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2015, 11:43 AM
KlaireMcVoyant

vCash: 323
Weird! Got ESPN on my computer where TSN 1260 is supposed to be, while Lowetide is on my phone (Tune In Radio!). How does that happen?

KlaireMcVoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Homesick

vCash: 2259
I can't stream it anymore. I go directly to their site, the commercial plays but it won't stream. Radiosure app won't play it either.
No issues with 630 CHED

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Not Robin Brownlee
The docile tones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I can't stream it anymore. I go directly to their site, the commercial plays but it won't stream. Radiosure app won't play it either.
No issues with 630 CHED
update your adobe flash player.

Not Robin Brownlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2015, 07:41 AM
joestevens29

Well I've come to the conclusion that Gregor is actually great and will not blow a fuse when a co-host/guest suggests something he doesn't like. The key is it has to be a ex-NHLer.

If any other person suggested that give the C as a rotating to see what the players do with it then Gregor would've lost it and said "the letter shouldn't change a player". With Kassian he kinda took a step back.

Then again maybe he's afraid of insulting a guy that could really kick the **** out of him in 10 seconds.

Old
10-07-2015, 08:38 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Well I've come to the conclusion that Gregor is actually great and will not blow a fuse when a co-host/guest suggests something he doesn't like. The key is it has to be a ex-NHLer.

If any other person suggested that give the C as a rotating to see what the players do with it then Gregor would've lost it and said "the letter shouldn't change a player". With Kassian he kinda took a step back.

Then again maybe he's afraid of insulting a guy that could really kick the **** out of him in 10 seconds.
Well he not listening to a lot of his guests is a huge problem, too busy ******* around while he's interviewing them.

Gregor has gotten to the point where he's been a certain amount successful and mildly influential, that it's sort of gone to his head, which is why he acts so self assured, despite actual people who Actually know things being on this show as guests or co-hosts.

Jimmi McJenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2015, 08:42 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi McJenkins View Post
Well he not listening to a lot of his guests is a huge problem, too busy ******* around while he's interviewing them.

Gregor has gotten to the point where he's been a certain amount successful and mildly influential, that it's sort of gone to his head, which is why he acts so self assured, despite actual people who Actually know things being on this show as guests or co-hosts.
He lost it on Brownlee last week. I just don't listen when he's talking ***** with local reporters anymore.