I think he stinks now.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2016, 07:51 AM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

vCash: 3158416
Here is something some of you might want to print out - the official pregame press notes of a very special night in Bruins history

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenote...[email protected]

Quote:
GAME 7 FACTS & CLINCHING/ELIMINATION GAME RECORDS:

- The Bruins are playing their 22nd lifetime game 7 and the 5th to be played on the road …They are 11-10 overall in game 7s and are 0-4 on the road …They are 3-2 in game 7s decided in overtime.

- This is their 3rd game 7 of this post-season, tying an NHL record (Toronto, 1993 &Colorado, 2002) &are looking to become the 1st to win all 3 …They are playing the first SCF game 7 in their history.

- The Bruins are facing their 6th SCF clinching game and enter tonight’s game with a 4-1 record in those games …They are also facing their 15th SCF elimination game and enter with a 4-10 mark in those contests.

Fenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2016, 08:46 AM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
I think he stinks now.
Agree. It would be better if he were to retire; love his presence but his voice has really deteriorated.

We should, though, project a holograph of him from back in the day, and just play that every game night.

Marchand: Today's Linseman
Voted "Most sarcastic man on Earth" by GloryDaze4877. So Proud.
TheReal13Linseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2016, 10:11 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
Agree. It would be better if he were to retire; love his presence but his voice has really deteriorated.

We should, though, project a holograph of him from back in the day, and just play that every game night.
That would be so cool

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2016, 05:08 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post

I don't wish to be unkind, but it's all bellowing vibrato. Rene should retire.

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2016, 04:52 AM
Strafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHowe View Post
I don't wish to be unkind, but it's all bellowing vibrato. Rene should retire.

Yeah like with any profession there's a time to hang it up...

Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2016, 10:52 PM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcorehabs View Post
First time in my life I'll say honestly that I hope you guys win. In fact I hope you guys destroy us.

Anything it takes to get our loser coach the **** out of here. Galchenyuk on DD's wing, what a sick joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekaturtlenec View Post
Guys - you'll never hear this again so enjoy it:

PLEASE destroy us tomorrow. I'm talking flat-out embarrassment.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoc123 View Post
As a habs fan I say to Boston, please destroy us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsCowboysOwn View Post
This.

I honestly hope you guys kick the **** out of us tomorrow, something like 4-0 or 5-1 would be perfect.

The more the better though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyItUp View Post
I dislike you all with a passion but I will be performing a ritual to be turning myself into a Bruins fan for tomorrow's game in hopes that the habs get blown out 9-0.

DONT DISAPPOINT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Beat us on Tuesday, the Bell Center will implode. The whole edifice will literally come crashing down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouboumaster View Post
Habs fan coming in peace.

We need a pounding.
Like, 5-0, or something like that.

k, thanks
-xxx-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Not going to lie. Even as a Habs fan, that was my first thought. We're so desperate for a win, we'll do anything.

Please do not oblige said desperation. Pound them into the ground, get Subban and Emelin ejected, fight Pacioretty. I don't care. Just embarrass them. For once, we need you guys to show up.

Jokes are all I have now. After trading for John Scott, we haven't just hit rock bottom, we're on our way to China. I've actually reached a point watching Therrien/Bergevin stare in mindless disbelief is more entertaining than the actual games.

Fun fact: The last time Montreal was this bad, was 1940.

No. Rask needs to start. That'll just make us getting demolished look even worse. We're going for broke!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouboumaster View Post
Habs fan coming in peace!

Good luck!
And be sure to kick our ass! Like, 5-0 or something.
This might be the last match of Michel Therrien, so please, don't **** it up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyboy View Post
Ditto
Habs need to lose to get rid of therrien
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacAttack View Post
Hoping you guys take a dump on us and don't flush.

You're all welcome!

You tell 'em I'M coming...

and Hell's coming with me, you hear?! ... Hell's coming with me!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2016, 03:38 AM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

This is the best Boston vs Montreal montage I have ever seen.

Old
03-14-2016, 12:31 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway View Post

Thanks, Fens. Will check.

Old
03-23-2016, 07:22 PM
sooshii
SISU

sooshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2016, 07:47 PM
Strange Universe

Quote:

Call me crazy but I rather watch this montage over and over than most nhl games today.
Thx Fenway...

Strange Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2016, 10:27 PM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Universe View Post
Call me crazy but I rather watch this montage over and over than most nhl games today.
Thx Fenway...
I feel the same way

Old
05-12-2016, 09:02 PM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

The Sanderson documentary

Old
05-13-2016, 02:40 PM
whatsbruin

Missing the Thomas hit on Kostitsyn

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2016, 03:08 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin View Post
Missing the Thomas hit on Kostitsyn

I loved that hit, the little **** deserved it too

Old
08-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

Does anyone have a recollection about this 1972 movie? I am posting it here as the trailer has some great Bruins footage from the early 70's.

I found a review in the Harvard Crimson written by John Powers who would go on to a long career writing sports for the Boston Globe.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/19...ib-suppose-it/

Quote:
I SUPPOSE IT had to happen eventually. Someone had to combine the making-of-a-champion motif of Downhill Racer with the sentimental mawkishness of Love Story, and set the whole thing inside Maple Leaf Gardens. The result is what you might expect.

Billy Duke, rising Toronto superstar. Fast on his skates. A little slower with his mouth, but that's all right. He's honest, and his mind is clean. Sherri Lee Nelson, rising bubblegum folk singer. Well-scrubbed, blonde, vivacious. Smokes dope occasionally, but she's basically committed, one understands, to making this world a better place for all of us to live in.

"A story of two people...two worlds...one love. These two should never have been in love...but they were." This movie, Winter Comes Early, should never have been made...but it was. Unfortunately, we'll be stuck with it until someone finally decides to do a little more work and come up with an incisive documentary of ice hockey. Producer John Bassett, a Canadian sportsman with financial interests in both the Maple Leafs and the Toronto Argonauts football team, never really comes close.

Bassett's major mistake is that he even went anywhere near the story line of Love Story in the first place. In recent Boston newspaper interviews, he scorned Ryan O'Neal's performance in that film, saying that he had set ice hockey back several decades. It seems strange, then, that he would adapt the Love Story theme almost in its entirety for what he hoped would be a fresh, penetrating look at one of the two most violent games in the world
Appears it was released in Canada with the title Faceoff

Old
08-26-2016, 12:52 AM
trenton1
Yes

Quote:

Does anyone have a recollection about this 1972 movie? I am posting it here as the trailer has some great Bruins footage from the early 70's.

I found a review in the Harvard Crimson written by John Powers who would go on to a long career writing sports for the Boston Globe.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/19...ib-suppose-it/

Appears it was released in Canada with the title Faceoff

Yes, great footage throughout the movie indeed. And it was re-released as Face Off on DVD a few years ago. Good collectors item.

trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2016, 01:06 AM
GordonHowe

Fens, you crazy.

Will check. I believe there was a bit of footage in the recent Derek bio pic.

Old
10-06-2016, 11:01 AM
Hooah4

Thanks for posting all the youtube links. I now have something to watch with the kids.

Hooah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Dreghorn2

"Does anyone have a recollection about this 1972 movie? I am posting it here as the trailer has some great Bruins footage from the early 70's"

Absolutely!

I remember when it came out i was a huge Sanderson fan (still have a picture as a kid with me wearing a "Derek Is Unreal" tee shirt, i lived in that thing), so it was a much see.

Had a thing for Trudy Young after the movie, she played such a 'cool' hipster chick in the film.

Man, nice blast from the past.

Dreghorn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

Here is a full broadcast from 1989 that appeared would be an easy Bruins win.

Not exactly - but it was great hockey to watch.

Old
10-13-2016, 03:39 AM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

Rene singing the anthems in 1985

This game was played on March 18, 1985 and notice who is behind the bench.

The PA announcer was Joel Perlmutter who thought he could scam Jacobs on tickets and lost everything and he died in 2001 at the age of 46.

The flag waver was a season ticket holder from Melrose and he was banned from the Garden by Harry a couple of years later when he waved the Quebec provincial flag instead of the Canadian Maple Leaf before a Nords game.

Old
10-22-2016, 12:51 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Scene I: Bruins management & staff are in Claude Julien's office. They are discussing tonight's game against Montreal:

Don Sweeney(constantly scanning his cell phone for proposed deals): You know Claude, with all the new guys on the team I'm not sure they truly understand what it means to play against those mother bleepers.

Claude(munching on KFC Extra Crispy): Hmmm....better have a talk with them. *Burps* Jay, (Pandolfo former Bruins whipping boy & present assistant coach) get the team into the locker room!

Scene II: Bruins locker room. The entire team is assembled and the new guys are wondering what this is all about.

Danton Heinen (rookie winger): I wonder what this is all about?

David Backes (new Bruins UFA signing) No idea. Hopefully it's not a reaming. Hitch used to get on us all the time back in St. Louis...no wonder we didn't have anything left for the playoffs.

*Claude strides into the room and faces his squad*

Claude: I want to talk to you about tonight's game. You are members of the Boston Bruins. One of the Original 6 franchises of the National Hockey League. It is both an honor and a privilege to wear that Spoked B on your sweater. Tonight we play the Montreal Canadiens who are also an Original 6 franchise. Now maybe you new guys don't know this but Montreal is, has been and always will be our most hated opponent. No other team even comes close. No Marchy, not even Vancouver (everyone looks at Brad Marchand who made one of the Sedin twins his personal ****** during the 2011 Cup Final) Now let me make this clear to all of you: You are the Boston Bruins. You have the best equipment and the best training money can buy. You are going to whip those poutine swilling sons of ******es every time you step on the ice. You're not just going to check them out of the play, you're going to check them 30 rows back into the stands. You're not just to defend your goalie when those jackwagons try to pile in on him, you're going to sweep that crease so clean you can eat your dinner off of it. You're not just going to fight those Montreal mother ******* you are going to beat them to such a pulp their own mothers won't recognize them. Why? Because they are Montreal. The Evil Empire of the NHL. The New York Yankees of the NHL. The biggest collection of diving, whining and cheap shotting swine you will ever encounter in your NHL career. Remember, there is a reason why they wear a toilet seat logo on their sweaters. That is all.

*Claude leaves the room. The new guys are shocked. They have never heard such angry words from their coach. Except when they fail to back check. Then they get it both barrels...*

Brandon Carlo (rookie defenseman) Wow. Claude really hates them.

Zdeno Chara (The Captain): And with good reason my young partner. Anyone who has coached or played against them despises them for they are a prize collection of ********** on skates. They are the opposite of what we Bruins are about. Never never forget that.

Tuukka Rask(5-15-3, .909SV% lifetime vs Habs): I don't know guys. We haven't beaten them here in 4 years. I don't think we can do this.

Chara: What? What was that you said? To hear you talk the game is over already. Well **** you. **** that. The game isn't over until the final siren sounds. Was it over when the Maple Leafs were up on us 3-1 during that playoff game? Was it over when the Sox were down 0 games to 3 against the Yankees in 04? Was it over when the Sox were down 2 games to 3 against the Reds in 75?

Rob O'Gara (rookie defenseman): Red Sox? 75?

David Krejci (veteran center): Forget it he's rolling. Besides you weren't even born yet.

Chara: Hell no! And it ain't over now! This could be one of our best games of the season. I don't care if a Montreal fan does call the police from his seat in the Garden when I plaster a smurf into the glass. I know the surrounding Bruins fans will make his life an absolute hell until security can get there. I'm not afraid of those little toilet seat logo wearing pieces of **** and neither should any of you. Now let's go out there and smear the blood of their corpses all over our ice. This is our ****ing house and our ****ing city!!!!!!!!!

**** the Habs!!!!

Old
11-18-2016, 07:17 PM
KaptainKrug
My name is Pete

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
I think he stinks now.
Wow, he use to be so much better.

KaptainKrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever

Awards:
From doc5hole:

‘The Tradition’ to honor ‘Cash,’ an old-school money player

http://blogs.southcoasttoday.com/bru...-money-player/

Watch out tonight, Cash, because Espo is introducing you.

Big Phil, based in Florida and still connected to his brainchild, the Tampa Bay Lightning, via broadcast work, doesn’t visit Boston for Bruins functions. He never fully recovered from the Nov. 7, 1975 trade to New York. When the Bruins and the Blackhawks were set to play for the Cup in 2013, Esposito, whose career began in Chicago, was asked to comment on the series and offered a “What do I care? They both got rid of me – screw ‘em,” type response. But he’s here tonight at TD Garden in an act of loyalty that echoes the words of late Flyers coach Fred Shero: “Win today, and we walk together forever.”

In Rink Rap’s view, the more significant piece of Cashman’s career was those later ’70s and the second transition to the young club that finished first overall and gave the Islanders their longest series as a Stanley Cup dynasty, taking them to six in the ’83 conference final.

“Our identity went from a swashbuckling bunch of guys to a team where, basically, hard work. That’s how we had to win, we had to outwork people,” said Cashman.

Last edited by Fenway: 11-29-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote