HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Cross, Isbister and Dvo

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Oilers4life

vCash:
Cross, Isbister and Dvo

So far it's about the third period and Cross looks like crap, I'd be surprised if he even gets a shift in the third period. Please deal Comrie for a Dman to replace this chump.

Isbister just got his ass whooped by Jovanovski. It's called sticking up for yourself and throwing some punches back instead of cowering like a boy in the corner.

Dvo sorry to say guy but you look like you don't care what happens cause you're playing with no emotion.

Lets see a better third period.

Old
10-11-2003, 06:29 PM
Oilers4life

vCash:
Cross made another mistake for that third goal...sigh, please, release this guy PLEASE

Old
10-11-2003, 06:45 PM
elphy101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life

Isbister just got his ass whooped by Jovanovski. It's called sticking up for yourself and throwing some punches back instead of cowering like a boy in the corner.
Geez, Isbister has 17 stitches in his mouth and several damaged teeth from an incident from about a week ago. He was just trying to protect his face. What the hell is he supposed to do.

Jovo should be punished for going after him when Izzy's face is in that kind of condition.

Old
10-11-2003, 06:46 PM
capta

Send a message via ICQ to capta
Quote:
Cross made another mistake for that third goal...sigh, please, release this guy PLEASE
Pleeeaseee dress Semenov next game???

Old
10-11-2003, 06:48 PM
tylerr

Send a message via MSN to tylerr
He got a game misconduct didn't he?

Old
10-11-2003, 06:50 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta
Pleeeaseee dress Semenov next game???
I hope thats the last motivational sending to the room MacT has to do for the year with Semenov, were gonna need him especially considering all the western conference games were about to play, next time just give him a spanking .

Old
10-11-2003, 06:51 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerr
He got a game misconduct didn't he?
That would be why Jovo is not getting punished. Izzy and Jovo should be interesting next game. With Izzy looking for revenge I'm guessing.

Old
10-11-2003, 06:52 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I hope thats the last motivational sending to the room MacT has to do for the year with Semenov, were gonna need him especially considering all the western conference games were about to play, next time just give him a spanking .
I don't know what else to say other than Where the hell is Semenov? He always seems to be the Oilers best defensemen against the Canucks. And he's sitting for the like of Cross and Ferguson. I just don't get it.

Old
10-11-2003, 06:52 PM
copperaddict

If you had a lip full of stitiches and missing a bunch of chicklets I don't believe chuckin' the nucks would be at the top of your list of fun things to do.I didn't see Jovo connect with anything solid and if he would have laid a lickin' on Izzy,why is his lip still together and not leakin? If you would have stood there trading punches with Jovo and taking every second shot in the chops, then you should be in the toughman contests.Or maybe the looney bin! And I didn't see Izzy turtle like many others would have done.
I'm sure everyone is upset with the effort most of the guys are showing tonight. Ethan should be benched for the third for taking 2 stupid penalties and have the "A" stripped from his jersey.And we all know what happens to your vehicle if the RPM's are out of control!

Old
10-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
Jovo should be punished for going after him when Izzy's face is in that kind of condition.

Oh C'mon, he's playing isn't he?, therefore he's fair game, "oh no, there's that guy with the ****ed up face, I won't hit him or stick up for my teammate because of it" This isn't pee wee hockey here, this is the NHL, if you wanna go cry and not get hit, you shouldn't be playing. Why isn't Isbister wearing a full face shield if his face is so badly injured? And you're making the assumption that Jovo went after Isbister because he knew Isbister face was injured? Couldn't it be that Jovo was sticking up for his teammate, a well respected teammate in the lockerroom, and didn't really care which Oiler it was?

Old
10-11-2003, 06:57 PM
copperaddict

So where is the rebutal from "oilers4life"? They say the Oil will always play an uptempo game. How in the world are they suppose to do that when you have to pylons out there on the blue line in Cross and Fergie.

Old
10-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Belcriss

vCash:
Lets face it, nobody has really shown up for the Oil tonight. In Izzy's defence though, that hit was from the side, and Linden had the puck when he threw it. Jovo was way out of line going after him , and Izzy turtled to save his face, literally. Terrible game by the Oilers. No pride, apparently.

Old
10-11-2003, 06:58 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov
Oh C'mon, he's playing isn't he?, therefore he's fair game, "oh no, there's that guy with the ****ed up face, I won't hit him or stick up for my teammate because of it" This isn't pee wee hockey here, this is the NHL, if you wanna go cry and not get hit, you shouldn't be playing. Why isn't Isbister wearing a full face shield if his face is so badly injured? And you're making the assumption that Jovo went after Isbister because he knew Isbister face was injured? Couldn't it be that Jovo was sticking up for his teammate, a well respected teammate in the lockerroom, and didn't really care which Oiler it was?
I wasn't faulting Jovo, I understand where he's coming from. All I'm saying if from an Oiler perspective, Jovo should be punished. Laraque should go after him next game for that.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:01 PM
copperaddict

It's the only way Jovo can make it look like he won a fight if he jumps someone that would bleed copper all over the ice.How does that look anyway that he couldn't even land a clean shoot on someone that wasn't throwing them back.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperaddict
It's the only way Jovo can make it look like he won a fight if he jumps someone that would bleed copper all over the ice.
Oh really? Why don't you ask Mr.Deadmarsh what he thinks about that... :p

Old
10-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Oilers4life

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperaddict
So where is the rebutal from "oilers4life"? They say the Oil will always play an uptempo game. How in the world are they suppose to do that when you have to pylons out there on the blue line in Cross and Fergie.

here is the rebuttal. First off if you're a big player, and you play a big game like that hit on Linden you should stick up for yourself. This is the NHL, where players come to play tough. For gods sakes man, if you're going to take off that face shield than you're going to have to pay the consequences. That means if you're going to hit someone sideways into the damn boards you better fight the guy that's going to stick up for him.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:06 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Wow , you sure proved your point. He sure likes to go after hurt players.
Jovo ended Deadmarsh's career. So, Jovo only goes after guys with concussion problems and badly damaged faces. You must be so proud. I hope Laraque beats the crap out of him next game.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Oilers4life

vCash:
Oh and yes, I agree, why the hell is Cross and Ferguson in the lineup? what a bad call, move out Cross and Ferguson and stick in ANYONE ELSE WITH SOME DECENT FOOTSPEED. It's like watching them in slow motion.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Oilers4life

vCash:
Quote:
Wow , you sure proved your point. He sure likes to go after hurt players.
Jovo ended Deadmarsh's career. So, Jovo only goes after guys with concussion problems and badly damaged faces. You must be so proud. I hope Laraque beats the crap out of him next game.

me2. But Jovo is one of my players in my pool...so please don't get unjured

Old
10-11-2003, 07:57 PM
Taco Grande

Quote:
Go troll elsewhere, this board is for mature and intelligent discussion. You obviously have not met the requirements.

Old
10-12-2003, 08:27 AM
cram

Quote:
I wasn't faulting Jovo, I understand where he's coming from. All I'm saying if from an Oiler perspective, Jovo should be punished. Laraque should go after him next game for that.

I think Izzy should go after that fool, his stiches will be off and I am sure he will be able to hold his own against Big Ed. No one on the Canucks woulb be dumb enough to get in a scrap with Laraque.

Old
10-12-2003, 08:38 AM
Hemsky4PM

It's already evident that our defense is lackluster. When M-A Bergeron is getting 15-20 minutes a game somethings a miss (no offense to the guy). Cross we have no legitimate top defenseman on this team. Brewer has looked bad so far, in both games. Took a dumb penalty per game, both holding calls for lazily hauling guys down. Brewer and Cross are simply a bad pairing. A no.2 and a no.5-6 defenseman as the top pairing. I would think that a good big center (not a superstar) and a VERY good defenseman would have to be returned to the Oilers in any Comrie deal.

Also, Isbister can throw them. So can Jovo. Let's see what happens next game when both are (hopefully) reasonably health. As an Oiler fan i think Jovonovski is one of the best fighters in the league. Him and Lindros used to really go at it. I still question attacking an injured guy, but Oilers fans would be defending Jason Smith if he went after a Canuck after a "border line" hit.

Old
10-12-2003, 11:23 AM
serum114

Quote:
Dvo sorry to say guy but you look like you don't care what happens cause you're playing with no emotion.

If my wife and kid were in intensive care 8 timezones away my focus might be lacking as well, cut the guy some slack here...

That being said, maybe MacT and Lowe need to sit down with Radek and see if it is weighing that heavily on him. If it is, call up Rita/Sarno and let D-Vo go back to the Czech Republic for a while to deal with something a little more important than hockey--his life.

Old
10-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by serum114
That being said, maybe MacT and Lowe need to sit down with Radek and see if it is weighing that heavily on him. If it is, call up Rita/Sarno and let D-Vo go back to the Czech Republic for a while to deal with something a little more important than hockey--his life.
I agree.. if that is the problem that is affecting his play (none of us know if this is actually affecting his play - we can assume however), let him go back to the Czech Republic! It'll give a guy like Rita a chance to shine and you can bet Radek will come back with a fire under him..

Old
10-12-2003, 03:45 PM
Oilers4life

vCash:
I agree. He should be given slack, but if it's affecting his play then he should be sitting.

Closed Thread