HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

LMHF Game Report #11-as seen live from the epic event

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2003, 06:30 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
LMHF Game Report #11-as seen live from the epic event

Well, I think I'll leave the poetic descriptions and such to other people, as we seem to have some with the gift for it around here. I could say something along those lines but I'll stick with that it was just plain a great day for all. Sure it was cold, but whatever, people around here can take it. Just way too much happening to even describe, you get overwhelmed, and can't really do just player reports, this is more of a "just to keep things goin" report, and to let people have a place for their more detailed description. No player reports tonight, but I will say a couple things:

Eric Brewer......I mean come on.....doin that in the Heritage Classic......geez....

I care WAY too much about this team winning.......I had an amazing time, but there's still that little part of me that was saying "we lost, that's a big deal, you can't lose to a bad team whe you play well, ughhhhhh". I enjoyed myself, but those 'W's mean soooo much.

Anyway, I was one of the 57k+, it was an amazing time, feel free to use this as the spot to expunge all your little sightings and experiences, I'm seriously drained, and I'm out!

EDIT: Forgot to add, fly-by's, Gretzky daughter singin again, the streaker, there were so many things besides the game.

Old
11-22-2003, 06:36 PM
Yorkiegirl161861

Wow LMHF #1-- I'm glad you had a great time. If you don't mind, I have two questions for you:

First: Was it really as cold as it looked on TV? (I think I know the answer to that).

Second: How far is Commonwealth Stadium from the Rexall Center? I'm trying to get an idea of how much travel players and fans had to go through. (I'm from NJ USA).

Thanks and keep warm !

Old
11-22-2003, 06:41 PM
Allan

The Colosseum is about 8 blocks from Commonwealth Stadium - you can see it clearly from the upper deck.

Old
11-22-2003, 06:43 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiegirl161861
Wow LMHF #1-- I'm glad you had a great time. If you don't mind, I have two questions for you:

First: Was it really as cold as it looked on TV? (I think I know the answer to that).

Second: How far is Commonwealth Stadium from the Rexall Center? I'm trying to get an idea of how much travel players and fans had to go through. (I'm from NJ USA).

Thanks and keep warm !
It seriously wasn't too-too cold. All that really got goin were my feet, but I walked around and say some buddies so they stayed slightly less frozen. Still thawing out as we speak. Other than that, if you had the clothes, or were running on mickeys of smuggled alkie, you were good. That is of course, an Edmontonian perspective.

Commonwealth is not very far at all. One stop on the LRT (subway) or about a 5 minute drive.

Old
11-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Obsessed

Unbeleivable experience!! I'm totally drained. Wish we would have won but it was probably the only loss that didn't really matter. I loved every second. How about Stevie Staios with 3 points. How cold was it? It felt like -25.. 80$ worth of beer made me waaarrrmmmm,,,,

I'm done.

Old
11-22-2003, 07:07 PM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
Unbeleivable experience!! I'm totally drained. Wish we would have won but it was probably the only loss that didn't really matter. I loved every second. How about Stevie Staios with 3 points. How cold was it? It felt like -25.. 80$ worth of beer made me waaarrrmmmm,,,,

I'm done.
$75,000 on the 50/50. Now that would be nice

Old
11-23-2003, 02:33 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

it was simply amazing...i couldnt feel anything below my legs by the end...but i really couldnt care haha...Does anyone else think the oilers should try and re-sign Fuhr? he was amazing...

Closed Thread