HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holy crap, our last month of playing is sick, 8/10 are division games

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Nuclear

vCash: 500
Holy crap, our last month of playing is sick, 8/10 are division games

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/ph...st&m=04&y=2006

Here's what April looks like:

-New Jersey
-NYI
-NYR
-Buffalo
-Toronto
-Pittsburgh
-New Jersey
-NYR
-New Jersey
-NYI

Old
11-25-2005, 11:35 PM
FLINFLON11

If it comes down to the last month for playoff position I would rather play (and beat) divisional opponents than depend on another team to assist in postion. The Flyers can control their own destiny.

Old
11-26-2005, 01:21 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLINFLON11
If it comes down to the last month for playoff position I would rather play (and beat) divisional opponents than depend on another team to assist in postion. The Flyers can control their own destiny.

exactly
no excuses, TCB against the divisional opponents.

Old
11-26-2005, 05:54 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Its crap. this schedule the NHL put in is so lame. Some of the games I always looked foward to was the road trip out west and every year we would play Vancouver on New Year's Eve. The NHL is trying to shove rivalries down out throat and it's doing the opposite. Most of the people I hear from are sick of divisional games.

Old
11-26-2005, 06:33 AM
Philly Flyer Fan*

Lets face it.........playing each team in your division 8 times.......c'mon! 4 times each would be good enough.

Old
11-26-2005, 10:58 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Its crap. this schedule the NHL put in is so lame. Some of the games I always looked foward to was the road trip out west and every year we would play Vancouver on New Year's Eve. The NHL is trying to shove rivalries down out throat and it's doing the opposite. Most of the people I hear from are sick of divisional games.
i could not care less about the west coast trip... i love divisional games, and am uber happy that there are more of them. the only difference i would have done with the schedule is have each division play two other divisions, one away, and the other home... instead of the home and home thing they went with. i also would have put 3 of the 8 divisiona games in the first quarter of the season and 3 of the divisional games in the last quarter of the season. similar to what baseball does.

i do not get excited to see any western teams at all... and i HATE the "well, i want to see the other players" argument. ya know what, help out the league and watch the national telecasts... you can watch them there.

i do get REALLY excited when the Devils are in town, and when the Rangers are good -- as they are this year -- those are really fun as well... those games mean more, and i'm happy to have more of 'em.

Old
11-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/ph...st&m=04&y=2006

Here's what April looks like:

-New Jersey
-NYI
-NYR
-Buffalo
-Toronto
-Pittsburgh
-New Jersey
-NYR
-New Jersey
-NYI
6 divisional games would be enough - 8 is a bit much. I don't miss the west coast games (too late)

The nice thing about April - I'll wager more than half those teams will be struggling.

Closed Thread