HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues depth

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2003, 04:05 AM
execwrite

vCash: 500
Blues depth

The thing I was hoping for the most this year was that the younger players started to compete for jobs in St. Louis. Pleau's work in rebuilding the or-gan-i-zation is beginning to pay off.

Having guys like Danton, Rycroft, Backman, Sejna, Nickulas, Walker and Hereema fighting to win ice time forces every player on the team to compete every game for their jobs. If you take a night off, you sit the next game. That's a great situation for Quenneville.

And McClement, Pohl and a couple of other guys should mature quickly in Worcester this season and create even more competition.

It would be great to win now with the veterans still here but I think hockey's future in St. Louis is looking good - especially if one of these young goalies turns into the real thing.

Thoughts?

Old
10-13-2003, 06:00 AM
Nick Blue

vCash: 500
Ive really liked the play of Danton and Rycroft thus far, in fact Rycroft should be able to rack up some points on the top line while Mellanby is out. He was one of the few Blues to really show up against Phoenix who I thought outmuscled and outworked the Blues. Out of the new guys, Heerema has been the least impressive especially with positioning and decision making. For Sejna, it looks like only a matter of time. Perhaps Drake or Bogie would be a better fit than Mayers on the 2nd line. In addition, Backman looked good.

Closed Thread