HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Former players coming back?

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 06:17 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Former players coming back?

New angle to the Comrie trade thing, are there any ex-Oilers that you think could be coming back this way in "the deal"? Not necessarily as the main man, even a guy like say Richardson or McGillis as a part two, so to speak.

Are there any you'd like to see back here?

Satan and Niinimaa are the only two I can think of right now that I'd have any real interest in as major returns in the deal, but there are a lot more guys kickin' around who could be minor players in the deal.

Thoughts?

Old
10-20-2003, 06:57 PM
copperaddict

It would be awfully exciting to see Hemsky and Smitty feeding Satan.He is one guy that I hated seeing leave.The 2 bums we got for him has to be one of Sather's worst deals!

Old
10-20-2003, 07:09 PM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
New angle to the Comrie trade thing, are there any ex-Oilers that you think could be coming back this way in "the deal"? Not necessarily as the main man, even a guy like say Richardson or McGillis as a part two, so to speak.

Are there any you'd like to see back here?

Satan and Niinimaa are the only two I can think of right now that I'd have any real interest in as major returns in the deal, but there are a lot more guys kickin' around who could be minor players in the deal.

Thoughts?
I wouldn't mind McGillis back, but he makes too much I think.

Ray Whitney would be alright - but if we were shelling out the three million, I'd rather give it to a bigger player who has faceoff skills and can be counted on for 50 pts, as opposed to a guy like Whitney, who can score 60-70 pts most years, but can't physically dominate.

But...here's a thought...

To Det:
Comrie
Isbister
Ferguson
5th Rd Pick

To Edmonton
Whitney
Dandenault
Tomek Valtonen, who started off hot with SM-Liiga and plays a big mans game. He could also come in and play next year, as he is 23 right now.

Thoughts? I know we could have signed Whitney as a UFA, but the money wasn't committed either way over the summer, and Lowe had to make sure he had some bucks for MC in case a deal did get done. Shipping out a big chunk of the "local connection", but overall, and for the long term, I like the deal for both sides.

I don't usually post these, so be gentle

Old
10-20-2003, 07:11 PM
FacelessButcher

all of the really good ones are so expensive now, I wouldn't mind seeing Grier back though. Poti would be great for our current situation right now but I have feeling 98.9% of Edmonton would not feel the same way and would probably want to lynch me for even suggesting it.

Old
10-20-2003, 07:39 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 730
obviously satan would be a welcome comeback. i like whitney however the size would worry me, although his talent would certainly help us. i would not mind vincent damphousse either the odds of that happening are jack and sh%t and jack just left town.

Old
10-20-2003, 07:48 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I think Vinny Damphousse would be a perfect fit! I mean if S.J. sucks bum like I and many others expect him, the may look to move him. I'm not to sure what S.J. could put with Vinny though to get Comrie....

Old
10-20-2003, 08:01 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I think Vinny Damphousse would be a perfect fit! I mean if S.J. sucks bum like I and many others expect him, the may look to move him. I'm not to sure what S.J. could put with Vinny though to get Comrie....
It would have to be Vinny+d-man(Hannan /Stuart *2(Stuart not as likely)) for Comrie +Rita(weak on left wing prospects+Michalek got injured hes gonna be a while) -or- 2nd+4th pick. San Jose is re-building so they might want to move him they would save quite a bit of money too(Vinny makes 4million).

Closed Thread