HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers avoid 'C' change

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2005, 08:11 AM
  #1
KING
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Rangers avoid 'C' change

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-314041c.html

KING is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 08:37 AM
  #2
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Who cares! Why are the beat writers making such a big

issue of this? The team is doing very well without it. The leadership by commitee is OK. Just naming someone for the sake of naming someone is stupid. We did the exact samething when messier left after 97. Leetch was named captain and was a waste. Put the C on him and we were leaderless. There are plenty of quality people leading this team. Rucchin, Jagr, Kaspar, Ortmeyer, Weekes, etc. Why don't the beat writers actually try something novel, like writing about hockey for a change. Maybe this crap is of interest in NJ or LI, but us sophisticated fans of the NYRs don't need this kind of idiotic atricle to hold our interest or give us something to talk about. Give it a rest. No one cares about the subject matter.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 08:42 AM
  #3
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
Good point about the waste of a "C", after Leetch got it when Mess left in 97. A true leader will emerge soon, and nows not the time to worry/ write about it.

shoothepuck is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 11:37 AM
  #4
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
A true leader will emerge soon, and nows not the time to worry/ write about it.
So you presume that you are the one to judge what is and is not fit for print? You read the article, right? It made you feel one way or the other, right? Then the writer did his/her job.

True Blue is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 12:17 PM
  #5
rickyrod
Registered User
 
rickyrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
after the way jagr was down on the ice right next to weekes while he was down in atlanta it definitely feels like he is even more of a C-less captain. but i really kind of prefer it this way.

rickyrod is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 12:29 PM
  #6
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
So you presume that you are the one to judge what is and is not fit for print? You read the article, right? It made you feel one way or the other, right? Then the writer did his/her job.
:

come on, this article was a waste of time

in the hall is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 12:54 PM
  #7
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
:

come on, this article was a waste of time

Didn't stop you from reading it or commenting on it. Funny what we do with such wastes of time.

Shadowtron is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 01:31 PM
  #8
Kluivert4Ever
Registered User
 
Kluivert4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
This writer must be one of those Red Sox fans getting hot whenever they see the C on Fairytek´s jersey.

Kluivert4Ever is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 01:42 PM
  #9
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 420
"I wouldn't change anything right now," Jaromir Jagr said. "Let's leave it the way it is."

exactly my thoughts

Thirty One is online now  
Old
11-26-2005, 01:49 PM
  #10
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,350
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
yea keep it how it is why screw with things. writers are just making a big deal out of this because they dont have much to write about this time of year and when whomever is named captain, they can write about following #11 legacy etc.

nyrmessier011 is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 03:19 PM
  #11
GothamRanger
Registered User
 
GothamRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,017
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
Good point about the waste of a "C", after Leetch got it when Mess left in 97. A true leader will emerge soon, and nows not the time to worry/ write about it.
I whole-heartedly object to the claim of Leetch not being a good leader; just because the Rangers didn't make the playoffs doesn't qualify him as a bad leader. Refer to when Messier returned in 2000, with a better team, and didn't make the playoffs either.

All the great leaders in the world have lead by example, Messier included. Anyone telling you otherwise watches too many movies.

GothamRanger is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 03:57 PM
  #12
mike711
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
the reason noone has a C yet is because they'll problably have Mess give it to Jagr January 12

mike711 is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 05:30 PM
  #13
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
You can object all you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakose
I whole-heartedly object to the claim of Leetch not being a good leader; just because the Rangers didn't make the playoffs doesn't qualify him as a bad leader. Refer to when Messier returned in 2000, with a better team, and didn't make the playoffs either.

All the great leaders in the world have lead by example, Messier included. Anyone telling you otherwise watches too many movies.
but the fact of the matter is that even leetch said he didn't want it after mess came back and was happy to give it up. That doesn't take alway form the great player he was. he just wasn't the right choice.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 05:33 PM
  #14
RothmanHockey
Registered User
 
RothmanHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Port Chester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,674
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Don't chage anything. This team is working well right now, this is decidely not an issue at all.

RothmanHockey is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 06:09 PM
  #15
RegalRangers
Registered User
 
RegalRangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,453
vCash: 783
Are the Rangers the only team with no 'C'?

I like that there's no captain. I like that they didn't slap the 'C' on Jagr's sweater. He certainly wouldn't have the numbers he's been putting up under a different coaching staff or among a Ranger team with less heart and drive (almost)every single night they're on the ice. On any given night there are at least a dozen Rangers capable of being the hero of the night whether it's as obvious as Prucha winning a shootout or as easy to miss as Jed blocking a big shot on the PK. The Rangers are a team that baffle their oponents. Just look at the Atlanta game. With Jagr getting checked out by the medical staff, the Thrashers were probably breathing a sigh of relief. Then Ward filled in Jagr's spot on the line and scored. No one ever knows where the Rangers spark will come from. Having no 'C' really forces other teams to notice that Jagr is NOT the only reason why Sports Illustrated was so very wrong.

RegalRangers is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 06:16 PM
  #16
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
Didn't stop you from reading it or commenting on it. Funny what we do with such wastes of time.
I didn't read it

and it was a waste of time, all 120 seconds it took for me to read and reply to this thread

I don't care about any BS talk about avoiding a C change and when the team is in first it shouldn't be an issue anyway

this guy did his job? sure, if you say so because you know everyone bought the paper because of this one article and him

in the hall is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 06:17 PM
  #17
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
I didn't read it

and it was a waste of time, all 120 seconds it took for me to read and reply

Find better ways to spend your time then

Shadowtron is offline  
Old
11-27-2005, 03:00 PM
  #18
GothamRanger
Registered User
 
GothamRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,017
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
but the fact of the matter is that even leetch said he didn't want it after mess came back and was happy to give it up. That doesn't take alway form the great player he was. he just wasn't the right choice.
Yeah he was more than happy to give it up to Messier, which shows his character and what a true class act he really is.

GothamRanger is offline  
Old
11-27-2005, 06:17 PM
  #19
KasparKrunch
Registered User
 
KasparKrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
yeah i agree about leetch. at this point i would keep three alternates. i wouldn't name jagr captain. if i was forced to pick i would pick kasparaitis. he is garaunteed to be with us for two more seasons and he seems to get along with everyone.

KasparKrunch is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.