HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers avoid 'C' change

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2005, 08:11 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Rangers avoid 'C' change

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-314041c.html

Old
11-26-2005, 08:37 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Who cares! Why are the beat writers making such a big

issue of this? The team is doing very well without it. The leadership by commitee is OK. Just naming someone for the sake of naming someone is stupid. We did the exact samething when messier left after 97. Leetch was named captain and was a waste. Put the C on him and we were leaderless. There are plenty of quality people leading this team. Rucchin, Jagr, Kaspar, Ortmeyer, Weekes, etc. Why don't the beat writers actually try something novel, like writing about hockey for a change. Maybe this crap is of interest in NJ or LI, but us sophisticated fans of the NYRs don't need this kind of idiotic atricle to hold our interest or give us something to talk about. Give it a rest. No one cares about the subject matter.

Old
11-26-2005, 08:42 AM
shoothepuck

Good point about the waste of a "C", after Leetch got it when Mess left in 97. A true leader will emerge soon, and nows not the time to worry/ write about it.

Old
11-26-2005, 11:37 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
A true leader will emerge soon, and nows not the time to worry/ write about it.
So you presume that you are the one to judge what is and is not fit for print? You read the article, right? It made you feel one way or the other, right? Then the writer did his/her job.

Old
11-26-2005, 12:17 PM
rickyrod

after the way jagr was down on the ice right next to weekes while he was down in atlanta it definitely feels like he is even more of a C-less captain. but i really kind of prefer it this way.

Old
11-26-2005, 12:29 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
So you presume that you are the one to judge what is and is not fit for print? You read the article, right? It made you feel one way or the other, right? Then the writer did his/her job.
:

come on, this article was a waste of time

Old
11-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
:

come on, this article was a waste of time

Didn't stop you from reading it or commenting on it. Funny what we do with such wastes of time.

Old
11-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Kluivert4Ever

This writer must be one of those Red Sox fans getting hot whenever they see the C on Fairytek´s jersey.

Old
11-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
"I wouldn't change anything right now," Jaromir Jagr said. "Let's leave it the way it is."

exactly my thoughts

Old
11-26-2005, 01:49 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
yea keep it how it is why screw with things. writers are just making a big deal out of this because they dont have much to write about this time of year and when whomever is named captain, they can write about following #11 legacy etc.

Old
11-26-2005, 03:19 PM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
Good point about the waste of a "C", after Leetch got it when Mess left in 97. A true leader will emerge soon, and nows not the time to worry/ write about it.
I whole-heartedly object to the claim of Leetch not being a good leader; just because the Rangers didn't make the playoffs doesn't qualify him as a bad leader. Refer to when Messier returned in 2000, with a better team, and didn't make the playoffs either.

All the great leaders in the world have lead by example, Messier included. Anyone telling you otherwise watches too many movies.

Old
11-26-2005, 03:57 PM
mike711

the reason noone has a C yet is because they'll problably have Mess give it to Jagr January 12

Old
11-26-2005, 05:30 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

You can object all you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakose
I whole-heartedly object to the claim of Leetch not being a good leader; just because the Rangers didn't make the playoffs doesn't qualify him as a bad leader. Refer to when Messier returned in 2000, with a better team, and didn't make the playoffs either.

All the great leaders in the world have lead by example, Messier included. Anyone telling you otherwise watches too many movies.
but the fact of the matter is that even leetch said he didn't want it after mess came back and was happy to give it up. That doesn't take alway form the great player he was. he just wasn't the right choice.

Old
11-26-2005, 05:33 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Don't chage anything. This team is working well right now, this is decidely not an issue at all.

Old
11-26-2005, 06:09 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Are the Rangers the only team with no 'C'?

I like that there's no captain. I like that they didn't slap the 'C' on Jagr's sweater. He certainly wouldn't have the numbers he's been putting up under a different coaching staff or among a Ranger team with less heart and drive (almost)every single night they're on the ice. On any given night there are at least a dozen Rangers capable of being the hero of the night whether it's as obvious as Prucha winning a shootout or as easy to miss as Jed blocking a big shot on the PK. The Rangers are a team that baffle their oponents. Just look at the Atlanta game. With Jagr getting checked out by the medical staff, the Thrashers were probably breathing a sigh of relief. Then Ward filled in Jagr's spot on the line and scored. No one ever knows where the Rangers spark will come from. Having no 'C' really forces other teams to notice that Jagr is NOT the only reason why Sports Illustrated was so very wrong.

Old
11-26-2005, 06:16 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
Didn't stop you from reading it or commenting on it. Funny what we do with such wastes of time.
I didn't read it

and it was a waste of time, all 120 seconds it took for me to read and reply to this thread

I don't care about any BS talk about avoiding a C change and when the team is in first it shouldn't be an issue anyway

this guy did his job? sure, if you say so because you know everyone bought the paper because of this one article and him

Old
11-26-2005, 06:17 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
I didn't read it

and it was a waste of time, all 120 seconds it took for me to read and reply

Find better ways to spend your time then

Old
11-27-2005, 03:00 PM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
but the fact of the matter is that even leetch said he didn't want it after mess came back and was happy to give it up. That doesn't take alway form the great player he was. he just wasn't the right choice.
Yeah he was more than happy to give it up to Messier, which shows his character and what a true class act he really is.

Old
11-27-2005, 06:17 PM
KasparKrunch

yeah i agree about leetch. at this point i would keep three alternates. i wouldn't name jagr captain. if i was forced to pick i would pick kasparaitis. he is garaunteed to be with us for two more seasons and he seems to get along with everyone.

Closed Thread