HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Lines with Koivu/Langdon

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2003, 06:34 AM
BigM1ke

vCash: 500
New Lines with Koivu/Langdon

Since Saku Koivu and Darren Langdon are supposed to come back this week from injury, what do you think the lineup will look like?? I'm sure both Ryder and Ribeiro will stay on the first 2 lines... with the Ribeiro line staying intact... What do you think about those lines?

Ryder-Koivu-Audette
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednick
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell
Dwyer-Perreault-Langdon-Sundstrom-Ward

Higgins back to Hamilton with Komo

I know it's weird to see Perreault on the 4th line but I remember seeing Bulis playing with Joe and Andreas and they were amazing together!! Why not put them back together? The first 2 lines are the most important IMO... The 3rd and 4th line can be change anytime....

Old
10-13-2003, 06:40 AM
Patty Roy

Actually from what i understand...Koivu and Begin will be the first to come back, hopefully for this Tuesday's home opener. Langdon *may* be ready to go by Saturday. No word on Kilger.

But my healthy Habs lineup would probably look like this:

Jan Bulis-Saku Koivu-Donald Audette
Marcel Hossa-Mike Ribeiro-Richard Zednik
Niklas Sundstrom-Yanic Perreault-Michael Ryder
Darren Langdon-Chad Kilger-Jason Ward

Dackell's looked pretty good in the first two games of the season...i would keep him around as an extra forward and sub him in for Langdon when the Habs are playing less physical teams.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:46 AM
BigM1ke

I like your lineup too but there' still something disturbing me... Bulis on the 1st line... He's doing nothing IMO to diserve playing on the 1st line. I really like Bulis, he's a great player in both sense of the ice, but just not a 1st liner guy.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:49 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
I like your lineup too but there' still something disturbing me... Bulis on the 1st line... He's doing nothing IMO to diserve playing on the 1st line. I really like Bulis, he's a great player in both sense of the ice, but just not a 1st liner guy.
Well neither are Ryder or Audette...but the Habs really only have one real first liner and that's Koivu.

Bulis has really been skating well in the first two games...he's one of the Habs 2 or 3 fastest skaters and we know from last season that he's able to produce at even strength. I think Bulis will be a good linemate for Koivu.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:50 AM
Howie Morenz

Why is Audette on the first line? Did he show anything in the first 2 games that I didn't see. Move Bulis back with Koivu,and Ward up to the 3rd line. Donald goes to the fourth. I don't care how much money he makes.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:56 AM
AK-47

According to Le Journal of Montreal,

Langdon won't be ready to play until this weekend.

Bégin should enter the lineup tomorow as could koivu and Kilger although nothing is certain in their cases.

Can't wait for the game.

Old
10-13-2003, 07:10 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
I know you guys prolly won't like this idea but what about Ryder-Koivu-Ward as our 1st line as an experiment? 2 big guys that can hit(and if Ward is given a chance on the top line i'm sure he'd play better). Zednik will probably be moved back to 1st line sometime soon though, and that's good for Koivu but not good for Ryder because Zednik shoots alot, like Ryder, hardly passes the puck.. so yeah, anyway i wouldn't mind seeing Bulis on the top line either, or put Hossa to play with Koivu and Bulis or something like that, Hossa needs some confidence, putting him on the 1st line will most likely give him some confidence atleast, go habs go!!!!!!!
Ward has really being having a pretty ordinary start (a.k.a. a really slow start) to the season, and so I really can't see CJ suddenly transforming him from the occassionally used 4th liner that he has been of late, into the top line guy with almost 20 minutes of ice time. As much as I have really been annoyed with Audette's really lazy play so far (what's new), he really would be useless anywhere else but on the top two lines. With the Hossa-Ribs-Zed line showing some real chemistry, I just don't see that line being touched. All that to say that the odds on favourite on Koivu's LW is Bulis, with Ryder a possibility (but more of a long shot).

Old
10-13-2003, 07:44 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
The way I see it, there are two lines set. The Ribeiro line is one, and the other is the Bulis - Juneau - Dackell. I don't believe Sundstrom will be in the line-up Tueday. However, when Niklas returns, it instantly will spur some player movement ( as will the returns of our waiver pick-ups ). Sundstrom and Dackell are, essentially, the same player under a different name. Sundstrom may be blessed with a nicer set of skills, but if he can't play in such a manner as Dackell did on Saturday (banging bodies, tenacious on the forecheck), Niklas' future with the club may be bleak.

My proposed line-up, assuming Begin, Kilger, and Koivu are healthy. I'm Sorry Saku. I really don't see Perreault anywhere, unless Kilger is not ready to go.

Ryder - Koivu - Audette
Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik
Bulis - Juneau - Dackell
Begin - Kilger - Ward
Out : Dwyer (scratch), Langdon (injury), Sundstrom (injury)

Hainsey - Brisebois
Markov - Rivet
Souray - Quintal
Out : Bouillon (injury), Komisarek (scratch)

Old
10-13-2003, 07:52 AM
FTK

Bulis is already a better player and has more potential then Ward...If Bulis is good for the third line, Ward is good for the Fourth line. Here's my lineup anyway

Hossa-Koivu-Ryder
Bulis-Ribero-Zednik
Juneau-Perreault-Sundstrom
Bégin-Kilger-Ward

Dwyer, Dackell , Audette ( Sorry but when a 5'8'' 175 Lbs Scorer doesn't score, he's useless )

Markov-Rivet
Souray-Brisebois
Hainsey-Komisarek

Bouillon, Quintal ( Sure he's a great guy and all, but the way he played the last 2 games he should get benched for at least 1 game )

I just wish we could get rid of Perreault, Audette, Dackell, Juneau and Brisebois.

Hossa-Koivu-Ryder
Bulis-Ribiero-Zednik
Higgins-Kilger-Sundstrom
Langdon-Bégin-Ward

Markov-Rivet
Souray-Komisarek
Hainsey-Quintal

Bouillon

Old
10-13-2003, 08:02 AM
Shazbot

oh yeah, you're gonna love this............

i think that Juneau (2 assists) and Perreault (89% from the face-off circle on Saturday) have played well enough to stay where they're at, so

let's say Koivu and Bégin play on Tuesday and Sundstrom and Kilger remain out

how about:

Koivu-Perreault-Ryder
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell
Ward/Dwyer-Bégin-Audette

Old
10-13-2003, 08:24 AM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
Since Saku Koivu and Darren Langdon are supposed to come back this week from injury, what do you think the lineup will look like?? I'm sure both Ryder and Ribeiro will stay on the first 2 lines... with the Ribeiro line staying intact... What do you think about those lines?

Ryder-Koivu-Audette
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednick
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell

I know it's weird to see Perreault on the 4th line but I remember seeing Bulis playing with Joe and Andreas and they were amazing together!! Why not put them back together? The first 2 lines are the most important IMO... The 3rd and 4th line can be change anytime....

If the The first 2 lines are the most important then why do you have Audette on any one of them? Audette sucks.....BAD!

Bulis Koivu Ryder
Hossa Ribiero Zednik
Ward Perrault Kilger
Langdon Juneau Begin

Bye Bye Audette Dackel and Sundstrom....ride the bench get traded or sent down to the farm.

On Defence it should stay status quo until a shake up is needed. Through the first 2 games the defence or system has done what it's supposed to and that is limit scoring chances. I'd like to get Komiserek in the lineup but that would mean get rid of a Veteran on Defence. You need vets to help out the young blood especially on Defence. In my eyes Komiserek and Hainsey are respectively the number 6 and 7 d-man in Montreal...#1 Markov #2 Sourray #3 Brisebois #4 Rivet #5 Quintal #6 Hainsey #7 Komiserek and #8 Bouillion.

Old
10-13-2003, 08:28 AM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
What the hell has Audette shown? Nothing ....he's shown he's lazy and can't score when he gets the opportunity!

Old
10-13-2003, 08:30 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot
oh yeah, you're gonna love this............

i think that Juneau (2 assists) and Perreault (89% from the face-off circle on Saturday) have played well enough to stay where they're at, so

let's say Koivu and Bégin play on Tuesday and Sundstrom and Kilger remain out

how about:

Koivu-Perreault-Ryder
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell
Ward/Dwyer-Bégin-Audette
Uh... I'd rather move Ribeiro to the wing, if you want to move someone to the wing because of poor success in draws its him not Koivu.

Since everyone else has put out theirs, here's my lines:

Ryder Koivu Audette *1
Ribeiro *2 Perreault Zednik
Sundstrom Hossa *3 Ward
Bulis *4 Juneau Dackell

*1 Audette can still shoot has 7 shots and gets most of them from 10 feet in two games so statistically he should get one in soon.

*2 Ribeiro and Zednik fit well together... and Perreault is there to give Ribs passing option. Best line Habs could put on PP / offensive zone faceoff.

3* Still want to see Hossa tried at centre...I believe hes better than Ward who was inserted to that role in Sens game. If Begin is playing this is his place with either Sunny or Ward scratched and Hossa staying on the LW.

*4 Bulis seems to be on a slight case of cold streak... he should be familiar with those two.

Old
10-13-2003, 08:38 AM
Shazbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2
Uh... I'd rather move Ribeiro to the wing, if you want to move someone to the wing because of poor success in draws its him not Koivu.

i just thought that the Ribeiro line is doing well so why mess with it, right?

Ribeiro and Perreault are softies so i wouldn't want them on the same line

Ribeiro with Hossa and Zednik seems to be working out, so i'd leave them alone for now even if Hossa hasn't made it to the scoresheet yet

i prefer Perreault with two gritty forwards like Koivu and Ryder

as for Audette, i agree with you, he will eventually (soon) score on one of the top lines, but Ryder is outplaying him, so what do you want?

with Koivu back, i think the top 6 are Koivu, Ribeiro, Zednik, Ryder, Perreault, and Hossa. if one of these guys goes down, then it's Audette, then it's Bulis, then it's Sundstrom.......

Old
10-13-2003, 08:39 AM
Uber Coca

Ryder - Koivu - Audette
Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik
Bulis - Perreault - Ward
Dwyer - Begin - Langdon

Hainsey - Brisebois
Quintal - Souray
Rivet - Markov

J. Theodore

Old
10-13-2003, 08:39 AM
boilerrm

Quote:

Ryder-Koivu-Audette
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednick
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell

i'ii tell you what's weird to me and that's audette on the 1st line.i.ve ask this question before what has audette done to earn it.

Old
10-13-2003, 08:50 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Move Ribeiro to the wing?
They've done that before you know?

Old
10-13-2003, 08:53 AM
gohabsgo2010

Quote:
They've done that before you know?
Coach Julien is no fool. He fully understands that, if it ain't broke, you don't fix it.

Ribeiro will continue to centre Hossa and Zednik. That is probably the only thing anyone can be sure of at this point in time.

Old
10-13-2003, 08:55 AM
boilerrm

Quote:

Ryder-Koivu-Audette
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednick
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell

i.ii tell you what's weird to me and that is how many people still want audette on the 1st line.i've ask this question before what has audette done to deserve it.

Old
10-13-2003, 09:10 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot
i just thought that the Ribeiro line is doing well so why mess with it, right?

Ribeiro and Perreault are softies so i wouldn't want them on the same line

Ribeiro with Hossa and Zednik seems to be working out, so i'd leave them alone for now even if Hossa hasn't made it to the scoresheet yet

i prefer Perreault with two gritty forwards like Koivu and Ryder

as for Audette, i agree with you, he will eventually (soon) score on one of the top lines, but Ryder is outplaying him, so what do you want?

with Koivu back, i think the top 6 are Koivu, Ribeiro, Zednik, Ryder, Perreault, and Hossa. if one of these guys goes down, then it's Audette, then it's Bulis, then it's Sundstrom.......
Well... you wanted to move one of three offensive centers to the wing, I'd just prefer moving Ribeiro over having Perreault as 3rd line center - which means we would have only one capable defensive line. Yeah Ribs and Perreault are softies - thats why I chose to put Zednik there.

A lot of people hate Audette here and quite honestly I'd rather have someone more dimensional too. But you have to give him credit having guts to position himself close to the opposition net. In his case those defencemen holding & cross checking him are atleast 6in 25lbs bigger.
As for the choise between Audette/Ryder, I had both of them with Koivu.

Isnt it wonderful to have so many bodies and possible combinations? :p

Old
10-13-2003, 09:57 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Coach Julien is no fool. He fully understands that, if it ain't broke, you don't fix it.

Ribeiro will continue to centre Hossa and Zednik. That is probably the only thing anyone can be sure of at this point in time.
Two games. So far so good. But what if its the only part working? Habs had that kind of a problem last season. Hossa Koivu Zednik line - they were great, but any of the other lines werent working - so they were broken apart to spread the wealth. Wasnt that done by Julien? I'm not saying it will happen but that is one option available to CJ.

Old
10-13-2003, 10:49 AM
FTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Desagree... Ward has'nt had the chance to prove himself until now, he only get limited ice time and has some difficulties to find the beat..

Last game against Toronto you could feel him a little bit more confident, better speed...

Give him regular ice time and he will surprise, he has better offensive instinct than Bulis no doubt here!
You have to right to disagree...But your still wrong

I love Jason Ward as a 4th liner, and a possible 3rd liner. He's got AHL skills set on a NHL frame and AHL speed. He has a great attitude and good work ethic, and that's what will keep him with the big club.

Jason Ward = Turner Stevenson as far as Im concerned. Stevenson is more physical, and Ward has more skills.

Frankly, I don't think Jason Ward has the hockey sense to play with Koivu...He'd look lost out there. I don't think Jason Ward can ever get more then 15 goals and 20 assists in the NHL, and that would be very good for him.

He'll be a fan favorite and valuable to the team, on the fourth line.

Bulis has more upside then Zednik in my opinion. Last year he went from "waiver material" to an awesome 3rd liner with top6 upside. He's still young. I believe he can get 60 pts this season if he plays with Koivu.

Old
10-13-2003, 10:58 AM
gohabsgo2010

Quote:
Two games. So far so good. But what if its the only part working? Habs had that kind of a problem last season. Hossa Koivu Zednik line - they were great, but any of the other lines werent working - so they were broken apart to spread the wealth. Wasnt that done by Julien? I'm not saying it will happen but that is one option available to CJ.
We don't have much wealth to spread. Ideally, Bulis is a 3rd liner who will find himself flanking a first line centre and playing first line minutes. Audette will miss more oppurtunities than he converts. Perreault will play well, though never at the Bell Centre.

Aside from the Ribs line, Bulis, Ryder ( so far ), and Koivu are the only other players who can consistently contribute offensively. Those three players will most likely form our other scoring line. So, the Koivu line and the Ribeiro line will provide the majority of our scoring.

We will have a checking line and a grinding line, though they're responsibilities will fall in different categories.

Old
10-13-2003, 11:08 AM
Marchy79

When Koivu and Langdon return (with Begin already having been back)

I would hope the lines to look like this:

Ryder Koivu Audette
Hossa Ribeiro Zednik
Bulis Perrault Ward/Sundstrom
Juneau/Langdon - Juneau/Begin - Sundstrom/Dackell

Souray Quintal
Markov Rivet
Hainsey Brisebois
Bouillon

Old
10-13-2003, 11:11 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
When Koivu and Langdon return (with Begin already having been back)

I would hope the lines to look like this:

Ryder Koivu Audette
Hossa Ribeiro Zednik
Bulis Perrault Ward/Sundstrom
Juneau/Langdon - Juneau/Begin - Sundstrom/Dackell

Souray Quintal
Markov Rivet
Hainsey Brisebois
Bouillon
You have too many players. Two, too many.

Closed Thread