HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brady Austin (2012, 193rd) – '15-16: Rochester #52 (AHL)

Old
09-02-2015, 12:30 AM
Woodhouse

vCash: 666
Awards:
Brady Austin (2012, 193rd) – '15-16: Rochester #52 (AHL)

Austin finished his first year of pro with 1+9 and a -16 rating in 66 AHL GP. To reboot his prospect info thread, here's a blurb from a February D&C article on Austin:
Quote:
Austin has been given more ice time in recent weeks. There were growing pains early for the rookie, a seventh-round draft pick by the Sabres in 2012. He has been adapting and learning.

His goal on Wednesday was a bonus. He had just four assists through his first 40 games but read the situation perfectly after a turnover, joined William Carrier on the rush down the ice and converted his two-on-one pass with less than a second remaining in the period to break a 1-1 tie.

"I saw their forwards were all caught in our zone so I knew I could go," he said. "Willy made a great pass over two sticks."

His shot beat goalie Jacob Markstrom and the clock for his first pro goal. He didn't necessarily think he'd have many more at this point of the season, either.

"It's my first year in the league so I didn't know what to expect," he said. "I just wanted to play my role as a defensive defenseman and help out where I can."

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 11:27 AM
LaxSabre

vCash: 2673

LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote