HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brady Austin (2012, 193rd) – '15-16: Rochester #52 (AHL)

Old
09-02-2015, 12:30 AM
Woodhouse

vCash: 666
Awards:
Brady Austin (2012, 193rd) – '15-16: Rochester #52 (AHL)

Austin finished his first year of pro with 1+9 and a -16 rating in 66 AHL GP. To reboot his prospect info thread, here's a blurb from a February D&C article on Austin:
Quote:
Austin has been given more ice time in recent weeks. There were growing pains early for the rookie, a seventh-round draft pick by the Sabres in 2012. He has been adapting and learning.

His goal on Wednesday was a bonus. He had just four assists through his first 40 games but read the situation perfectly after a turnover, joined William Carrier on the rush down the ice and converted his two-on-one pass with less than a second remaining in the period to break a 1-1 tie.

"I saw their forwards were all caught in our zone so I knew I could go," he said. "Willy made a great pass over two sticks."

His shot beat goalie Jacob Markstrom — and the clock — for his first pro goal. He didn't necessarily think he'd have many more at this point of the season, either.

"It's my first year in the league so I didn't know what to expect," he said. "I just wanted to play my role as a defensive defenseman and help out where I can."

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 11:27 AM
LaxSabre

vCash: 517

LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2017, 10:47 AM
dasaybz
da saybz

vCash: 500
Guys, do you think Austin has a future on this team? I think he's looked solid while he's been up here, but how do you think his career path will end up?

dasaybz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2017, 11:02 AM
LaxSabre

vCash: 517
A Dream Come True For Brady Austin - Amerks.com

Following the second game of a back-to-back set with the St. John’s IceCaps earlier this month in Newfoundland, coach Dan Lambert had told three of the Amerks defensemen that one or two of them could be potentially recalled to Buffalo Sabres. Once the team landed in Toronto Sunday, Lambert informed Brady Austin and Casey Nelson they were not going to stay in Toronto with the team but rather would be going to join the Sabres in Detroit.

Later that night around 10:00 pm ET, the defensive duo arrived at the hotel, but for Austin it was just the beginning of his night as he tried to get some sleep prior to his first NHL game. Austin shared a room with second-year forward Sam Reinhart but the 6-foot-4, 234-pound defenseman cautioned Reinhart he snores and sometimes it can be loud.

“Around three in the morning, I woke up and saw Reinhart moving stuff into the bath tub to get away from my snoring,” said Austin. “I felt terrible because I did not want to keep him from getting a good night sleep, so on top of my excitement of playing my first game, I did not get much sleep after that.”

Prior to and then following the game against the Red Wings, Austin was able to spend some time with his mom and brothers, who made the near six-hour commute from his hometown of Bobcaygeon, Ontario. Making my debut was definitely a dream come true and very special not only for me but my family,” said Austin. “To play my first NHL game in Joe Louis Arena in one of the last games at that place, it was awesome. Having my family here…it was pretty emotional, but overall it was pretty cool.”

After 199 career games over the course of the last three seasons with the Amerks, Austin made quite the splash in his first shift in the NHL by hitting Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader. “The game really started out like I had hoped,” said Austin. “After I got that hit early on, it helped me settle in for the rest of the game. I felt pretty comfortable out on the ice.”

Rest Of The Article - http://www.amerks.com/articlef/%20A%...BRADY%20AUSTIN

LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxSabre View Post
A Dream Come True For Brady Austin - Amerks.com

Following the second game of a back-to-back set with the St. John’s IceCaps earlier this month in Newfoundland, coach Dan Lambert had told three of the Amerks defensemen that one or two of them could be potentially recalled to Buffalo Sabres. Once the team landed in Toronto Sunday, Lambert informed Brady Austin and Casey Nelson they were not going to stay in Toronto with the team but rather would be going to join the Sabres in Detroit.

Later that night around 10:00 pm ET, the defensive duo arrived at the hotel, but for Austin it was just the beginning of his night as he tried to get some sleep prior to his first NHL game. Austin shared a room with second-year forward Sam Reinhart but the 6-foot-4, 234-pound defenseman cautioned Reinhart he snores and sometimes it can be loud.

“Around three in the morning, I woke up and saw Reinhart moving stuff into the bath tub to get away from my snoring,” said Austin. “I felt terrible because I did not want to keep him from getting a good night sleep, so on top of my excitement of playing my first game, I did not get much sleep after that.”

Prior to and then following the game against the Red Wings, Austin was able to spend some time with his mom and brothers, who made the near six-hour commute from his hometown of Bobcaygeon, Ontario. Making my debut was definitely a dream come true and very special not only for me but my family,” said Austin. “To play my first NHL game in Joe Louis Arena in one of the last games at that place, it was awesome. Having my family here…it was pretty emotional, but overall it was pretty cool.”

After 199 career games over the course of the last three seasons with the Amerks, Austin made quite the splash in his first shift in the NHL by hitting Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader. “The game really started out like I had hoped,” said Austin. “After I got that hit early on, it helped me settle in for the rest of the game. I felt pretty comfortable out on the ice.”

Rest Of The Article - http://www.amerks.com/articlef/%20A%...BRADY%20AUSTIN
So.... we know why Reinhart was late to the meeting
It's Brady Austin's fault!

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2017, 11:21 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Who does Brady room with in Rochester?

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2017, 11:28 AM
BiPolarBear

Not much hotel time in the AHL, they don't have many consecutive games on the road. Bus in to most cities on the day of a game, get back on the bus after the game back to Rochester.

BiPolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2017, 12:21 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Snoring aside, he's looked surprisingly decent so far. Honestly, I had pretty much forgotten about him.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2017, 08:37 AM
26CornerBlitz

03-30-2017, 08:45 AM
sabresfan129103
So it begins...

Good showing for the kid. He may have a future as a #7.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2017, 10:15 AM
makeitburn
PUCKGASM

He earned another years contract not looking too out of place. Need a lot more time to see if he is NHL capable, but nothing really scared me away

makeitburn is offline   Reply With Quote