HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Poti?

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2005, 11:06 PM
NYR fan 2

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
What happened to Poti?

i didn't see him out there in the 3rd and JD mentioned he was not on the bench

does anyone know if he was hurt or what happened to him?

Old
11-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Groin strain.

Old
11-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Balej20*

Any idea the length inwhich he'll be out?

Old
11-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Kluivert4Ever

I dont think Tom Poti has ever been so missed as he was during the shootout when the defensemen started to get at it.
True Malik made us forget out about quickly and in grand fashion but admit it, you never wanted Poti out there so badly as during that shootout

Old
11-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Those 4 days sure come in handy.

Rucchin,Jagr,Straka,Nylander,Weekes,Tuytin,Poti etc all have nagging injuries.

Old
11-26-2005, 11:21 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
I dont think Tom Poti has ever been so missed as he was during the shootout when the defensemen started to get at it.
True Malik made us forget out about quickly and in grand fashion but admit it, you never wanted Poti out there so badly as during that shootout
Yes, it's true.

For the record (from my perspective), Poti has been playing darn well for the last 10 or so games, including tonight before he got hurt. That play where he went down and used all of his 6'3" to block the entire passing lane and just absorbed the pass into his midsection on a 2-on-1 was excellent. I'm still willing to trade him, but I can't call him worthless anymore with a good conscience.

Old
11-26-2005, 11:24 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan
Yes, it's true.

For the record (from my perspective), Poti has been playing darn well for the last 10 or so games, including tonight before he got hurt. That play where he went down and used all of his 6'3" to block the entire passing lane and just absorbed the pass into his midsection on a 2-on-1 was excellent. I'm still willing to trade him, but I can't call him worthless anymore with a good conscience.

I agree, Poti has been one of our better blueliners as of late.
He will never be the player I want him to be but if he can keep doing what he has been doing he will be good for us. I do think however as his confidence grows he will do more things on offense as well.

Old
11-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Janerixon

i was at the game and noticed tom wasnt playing in the 3rd since it was struds and tyutin as a pair, all nite i wondered what happened to him especially in the shootout, he has been playing much better as of late, id still trade him but i have to admit he has finally made some good defensive plays and he is more willing to shoot, however his passing still hasnt been very strong

Old
11-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Nemchinov13

Poti has significantly picked up his game in the last 8-10 games. He's more assertive in the offensive zone, better positioned in the defensive zone, takes body on some occasions... This is the best Poti since Leetch went out with an injury in 2002-2003. With him being our only true offensive defenseman, I'd still trade him, but it has to be an offer that can't be refused.

Old
11-27-2005, 01:07 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13
Poti has significantly picked up his game in the last 8-10 games. He's more assertive in the offensive zone, better positioned in the defensive zone, takes body on some occasions... This is the best Poti since Leetch went out with an injury in 2002-2003. With him being our only true offensive defenseman, I'd still trade him, but it has to be an offer that can't be refused.
The first question that has to answered is whether you'd be willing to re-sign him. If not, then better trade him for whatever can be gotten.

Old
11-27-2005, 10:47 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Yeah, he hurt himself on the

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2
i didn't see him out there in the 3rd and JD mentioned he was not on the bench

does anyone know if he was hurt or what happened to him?
lame attempt he made on the 2nd goal. He over extended himself after he lost his man on the play. Too much to ask of him to make 2 good plays on one shift.

Old
11-27-2005, 10:49 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

His value will never be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
I agree, Poti has been one of our better blueliners as of late.
He will never be the player I want him to be but if he can keep doing what he has been doing he will be good for us. I do think however as his confidence grows he will do more things on offense as well.
Time to off laod him. Maybe to Boston for Samsonov?

Old
11-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Terry Cahill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER

You're dreamin'.

Old
11-27-2005, 11:01 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
So funny how we all fall in line, "I'd still trade Poti."

Why? Everyone's so concerned about disturbing the chemistry (which Poti has been part of), so it makes no sense. Would anyone trade Straka? Strudwick? Ward?

The fact of the matter is, Poti's been pretty good. I was a big Poti-hater (though I never jeered him at games), but his recent play has made me a fan. It's time for us to stop living in the past.

Old
11-27-2005, 11:02 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER

If anything ...I'd take picks and prospects. Lampman, Pock and Baranka deserve a shot as well as Immonen. We are NOT done rebuilding.

Old
11-27-2005, 11:59 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Why?
Because for the great majority of the time since he has arrived here, he has been an utter liability on the ice. Becuase a decent 5 game stretch does not make up for the previous year and a half of ineptitude. Becuase we have younger and cheaper alternatives who can perform at least at his current level. And finally, becuase it is rather obvious that unless he shows that he is capable of being much, much more than he is right now, he is not a part of the future, near or far. If he will not be here next year, we might as well see what we can get for him right now.

Old
11-27-2005, 12:18 PM
shoothepuck

Poti outright sucks. He didn't do much defensively on the second goal, and I don't know what games people are watching, because he is out of position on most plays. Thank god he got hurt in the 3rd and couldn't participate in the shoot-out, he would have missed the net, like 99% of his shots do, or would he have tried to fool the goalie with his wimpy floating 20mph wristshot. Yeah his last 4-5 games are better, but that's not good enough. Trade him for a pick, and call up anyone to replace him. He is part of the "chemistry" but he just dosn't fit. He won't be resigned next year, so try to get something out of him.

Old
11-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR

Why? Everyone's so concerned about disturbing the chemistry (which Poti has been part of), so it makes no sense. Would anyone trade Straka? Strudwick? Ward?

The fact of the matter is, Poti's been pretty good. I was a big Poti-hater (though I never jeered him at games), but his recent play has made me a fan. It's time for us to stop living in the past.
The question still is, do you re-sign when his contract expires? Do you see him as a long term asset for this organization? Do you expect him to be quarterbacking the power play in the playoffs over the next several years?

If not, what's the point?

Old
11-27-2005, 06:58 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
The question still is, do you re-sign when his contract expires? Do you see him as a long term asset for this organization? Do you expect him to be quarterbacking the power play in the playoffs over the next several years?

If not, what's the point?
A good way to look at it Brooklyn---and the answer at least as of now is No I don't resign him. So if and when the right deal comes along Slats should pull the trigger.

Old
11-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
A good way to look at it Brooklyn---and the answer at least as of now is No I don't resign him. So if and when the right deal comes along Slats should pull the trigger.
Absolutely, the organization is trying to build a long term core of players and Poti really doesn't fit. To be effective he needs to be piling up points consistantly--something he hasn't been able to do in his career. Why lose him for nothing? Even if it means finding someone else to fill his spot in the lineup in the short term.

Old
11-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Jim Ramsay

a peanut was thrown on to the ice and poti broke out in to hives.

Old
11-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Absolutely, the organization is trying to build a long term core of players and Poti really doesn't fit. To be effective he needs to be piling up points consistantly--something he hasn't been able to do in his career. Why lose him for nothing? Even if it means finding someone else to fill his spot in the lineup in the short term.
Brooklyn, to respond to your earlier post, I'd say you're right - I wouldn't resign him, as I believe that Pock will be close to him as a player. So, yes, I'd trade him and trade him at the deadline for whatever picks/prospects we can get.

In the last 6 games of 03-04 season, Pock scored 4 points. Admittedly, he was -4 or -6. I still believe that his enthusiasm, energy and offensive ability will outweighs his Poti-like positioning in the defensive zone, so I think he is a right player to replace Poti.

Old
11-27-2005, 11:12 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
If anything ...I'd take picks and prospects. Lampman, Pock and Baranka deserve a shot as well as Immonen. We are NOT done rebuilding.
I'd take a bag of dog **** for Poti.

Old
11-28-2005, 12:27 AM
VEGASRANGERFAN

I actually was happy when the Rangers got Poti, until I heard it was for Mike York. However, if York was still with the Rangers playing the way he has been this season it might have not been such a bad trade.

Closed Thread