HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Labarbera in net tonight (11/26) ?

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2005, 10:26 AM
rh71

vCash: 500
Labarbera in net tonight (11/26) ?

Would love to know. Can never tell.

Old
11-26-2005, 11:01 AM
kingsfan25

Nothing for sure yet, but I'd be willing to bet its Garon.

Old
11-26-2005, 01:31 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
It certainly better be Garon... the guy goes 5-1 in consecutive starts and then LabRat gets the call in Nashville and stinks up the joint. I would hope Murray doesn't turn his back on his own "reward system"...

Old
11-26-2005, 01:50 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'm hoping it'll be Garon.

Old
11-26-2005, 01:54 PM
johnjm22

I hope it's Labarbera. I feel much safer when Labs is in net, as opposed to Garonmoneck.

Old
11-26-2005, 02:44 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
I hope it's Labarbera. I feel much safer when Labs is in net, as opposed to Garonmoneck.
Thank you lol I love how everyone was in Labs heaven and he leaves Garon does ok and one great game and Labs comes back and loses one game and hence is horrible now.... No one care to blame our great play in the 1st or 2nd against the Nashville game?

Old
11-26-2005, 02:45 PM
the_nole

im betting on garon as starter

went to the morning skate and garon got off way sooner than 'barber. 'barber stayed till the end, with dempsey, TK and murrays' son.

no JR, belanger, or frolov.

Old
11-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_nole
im betting on garon as starter

went to the morning skate and garon got off way sooner than 'barber. 'barber stayed till the end, with dempsey, TK and murrays' son.

no JR, belanger, or frolov.
You're not talking about Brady are you? Isn't he supposed to be in Switzerland still?

Old
11-26-2005, 03:18 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Thank you lol I love how everyone was in Labs heaven and he leaves Garon does ok and one great game and Labs comes back and loses one game and hence is horrible now.... No one care to blame our great play in the 1st or 2nd against the Nashville game?
Sweeping generalities...

LabRat isn't "horrible" at all, but he (and Garon) are BOTH unproven goaltenders at the NHL level, and when a guy (Garon) goes 5-1 in consecutive games, and is then given "a rest" and the replacement (LaBarbera) gives up goals that if Garon had given them up, Kings fans would be donning white sheets, holding flaming torches and calling for upheaval (being kind here...), so I would hope, and expect, that Garon will return to the nets tonight for the Kings.

Old
11-26-2005, 03:25 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
You're not talking about Brady are you? Isn't he supposed to be in Switzerland still?
http://www.scrj.ch/lakers_0506/spieler.php

(taken under his wing by Mikko Eloranta, no doubt...)

Old
11-26-2005, 03:35 PM
the_nole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I'm pretty sure it was him. I could be mistaken though.

Old
11-26-2005, 03:35 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
(taken under his wing by Mikko Eloranta, no doubt...)
Obviously...It's not like he'd fit under Panzer's...

Old
11-26-2005, 04:16 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Sweeping generalities...

LabRat isn't "horrible" at all, but he (and Garon) are BOTH unproven goaltenders at the NHL level, and when a guy (Garon) goes 5-1 in consecutive games, and is then given "a rest" and the replacement (LaBarbera) gives up goals that if Garon had given them up, Kings fans would be donning white sheets, holding flaming torches and calling for upheaval (being kind here...), so I would hope, and expect, that Garon will return to the nets tonight for the Kings.
What he said.

Old
11-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Everyone wasn't in "Labs heaven" last month, only those that think with their hearts instead of their heads. There have been two sides in all of this: people who dislike Garon and people who dislike neither goalie. johnjm22 has always been the former and, obviously, no amount of great play by Garon will convince him. I and most of us in this thread have always had faith in Garon and are behind whichever goalie is doing well at the time. Last month, that was LaBarbera; right now, it's Garon. The only people who are in "love" with either goaltender are those who would make LaBarbera the #1 and not care what happened to Garon. Those were the people calling Garon a bad goaltender last month. I find it amusing that they're now frantically defending LaBarbera from the same perceived injustice that they readily dished out upon Garon.

Old
11-26-2005, 06:56 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Everyone There have been two sides in all of this: people who dislike Garon and people who dislike neither goalie. johnjm22 has always been the former and, obviously, no amount of great play by Garon will convince him.

What great play? Garon has played great in one game this season. The rest of the time he's either played poorly, or been mediocore.

And for the record whenever Garon played well I gave him credit for it, and when Labs plays bad I say it.

Quote:
Those were the people calling Garon a bad goaltender last month. I find it amusing that they're now frantically defending LaBarbera from the same perceived injustice that they readily dished out upon Garon.
There was never an injustice against Garon. Garon played very poorly early in the season and got slamed for it. Which is to be expected.

JL is not playing anywhere near as bad as Garon did early in the season.

Right now I'd say there about even. But overall JL has been the consistently better goaltender. So in my personal opinion he should be starting.

Old
11-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
What great play? Garon has played great in one game this season. The rest of the time he's either played poorly, or been mediocore.
You mean he's gone 5-1 in his last 6 games and he only had one above average performance? He might have had only 1 great game but that doesn't make the others mediocore. He has been very solid for us lately just lik Labs was early on.

Old
11-26-2005, 07:17 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
You mean he's gone 5-1 in his last 6 games and he only had one above average performance?
Yeah that's right.

I could care less what a goaltender's wins and losses are, I care if the goaltender is playing good.

Don't get me wrong, in those 6 starts Garon played much better than he did earlier in the season, but he still played Mediocore with they exception of the Colorado game, where he was absolutely stellar.

Old
11-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Not me. I've always been for Garon as the #1. Garon got comfortable, and got his confidence during his 6 games straight and should've played against Nashville. LaBarbera played well vs. the Preds, but that 1st goal was just awful.

Old
11-26-2005, 07:54 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps
LaBarbera played well vs. the Preds, but that 1st goal was just awful.
My thoughts exactly.

Labarbera seems to struggle early in games, but gets better as the game goes on.

Old
11-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Garon has played no worse in the last 5 games than LaBarbera did in October. Some people are really glorifying LaBarbera's good play against weak teams and downplaying Garon's play.

Quote:
And for the record whenever Garon played well I gave him credit for it, and when Labs plays bad I say it.
I've seen you do that and I give you a lot of credit for that, but then you turn around and compare Garon to Cechmanek (which is ridiculous).

Old
11-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Garon has played no worse in the last 5 games than LaBarbera did in October. Some people are really glorifying LaBarbera's good play against weak teams and downplaying Garon's play.
Labarbera playing weaker teams than Garon was true in the beginning of the season, but it's not anymore.

Garon's Starts (12) - Dallas, Minnesota, Detroit, Colorado, Calgary, San Jose, Chicago, Columbus, Nashville, Vancouver, Colorado, St. Louis

Labarbera's Starts (11) - Phoenix, Edmonton, Columbus, Dallas, Anaheim, St. Louis, Dallas, Phoenix, Nashville, Detroit, Nashville

The opponents in games where Garon started have combined for 292 points out of a possible 538 points, or a .543 winning percentage.

The opponents in games where Labarbera started have combined for 278 points out of a possible 502 points, or a .554 winning percentage.

Old
11-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Osprey

I know, Sam; that's what I meant. The infatuation with LaBarbera began when he was getting easier starts, and LaBarbera's numbers have cleared tailed off a bit since getting tougher starts (ex. more W-L-W-L instead of W streaks).

Old
11-27-2005, 12:10 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
I could care less what a goaltender's wins and losses are, I care if the goaltender is playing good.
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Would you have rather Garon went 1-5 in that stretch but had a sub 2 GAA and a .900+ SV%??? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Old
11-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Amazing Oopah

Does anybody know if now that LaBarbera is back, he and Garon will have a rotation ala Minnesota or is it back to LaBarbera being number #1?

Old
11-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Chazz Reinhold

If LaBarbera starts against Detroit, then I would say "yes." Until then, who knows...?

EDIT: Didn't really read your whole question. I'm saying yes to the return of the rotation if LaBarbera gets the start against Detroit.

Closed Thread