HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Labarbera in net tonight (11/26) ?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2005, 10:26 AM
  #1
rh71
Registered User
 
rh71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
Labarbera in net tonight (11/26) ?

Would love to know. Can never tell.

rh71 is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 11:01 AM
  #2
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Nothing for sure yet, but I'd be willing to bet its Garon.

kingsfan25 is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 01:31 PM
  #3
TubbyTerrion*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Studio City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
It certainly better be Garon... the guy goes 5-1 in consecutive starts and then LabRat gets the call in Nashville and stinks up the joint. I would hope Murray doesn't turn his back on his own "reward system"...

TubbyTerrion* is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 01:50 PM
  #4
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,401
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'm hoping it'll be Garon.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 01:54 PM
  #5
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,702
vCash: 500
I hope it's Labarbera. I feel much safer when Labs is in net, as opposed to Garonmoneck.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 02:44 PM
  #6
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,715
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
I hope it's Labarbera. I feel much safer when Labs is in net, as opposed to Garonmoneck.
Thank you lol I love how everyone was in Labs heaven and he leaves Garon does ok and one great game and Labs comes back and loses one game and hence is horrible now.... No one care to blame our great play in the 1st or 2nd against the Nashville game?

AnThGrt is online now  
Old
11-26-2005, 02:45 PM
  #7
the_nole
Registered User
 
the_nole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: los angeles, ca
Country: Mexico
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
im betting on garon as starter

went to the morning skate and garon got off way sooner than 'barber. 'barber stayed till the end, with dempsey, TK and murrays' son.

no JR, belanger, or frolov.

the_nole is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 03:03 PM
  #8
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,401
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_nole
im betting on garon as starter

went to the morning skate and garon got off way sooner than 'barber. 'barber stayed till the end, with dempsey, TK and murrays' son.

no JR, belanger, or frolov.
You're not talking about Brady are you? Isn't he supposed to be in Switzerland still?

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 03:18 PM
  #9
TubbyTerrion*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Studio City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Thank you lol I love how everyone was in Labs heaven and he leaves Garon does ok and one great game and Labs comes back and loses one game and hence is horrible now.... No one care to blame our great play in the 1st or 2nd against the Nashville game?
Sweeping generalities...

LabRat isn't "horrible" at all, but he (and Garon) are BOTH unproven goaltenders at the NHL level, and when a guy (Garon) goes 5-1 in consecutive games, and is then given "a rest" and the replacement (LaBarbera) gives up goals that if Garon had given them up, Kings fans would be donning white sheets, holding flaming torches and calling for upheaval (being kind here...), so I would hope, and expect, that Garon will return to the nets tonight for the Kings.

TubbyTerrion* is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 03:25 PM
  #10
TubbyTerrion*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Studio City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
You're not talking about Brady are you? Isn't he supposed to be in Switzerland still?
http://www.scrj.ch/lakers_0506/spieler.php

(taken under his wing by Mikko Eloranta, no doubt...)

TubbyTerrion* is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 03:35 PM
  #11
the_nole
Registered User
 
the_nole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: los angeles, ca
Country: Mexico
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
You're not talking about Brady are you? Isn't he supposed to be in Switzerland still?
I'm pretty sure it was him. I could be mistaken though.

the_nole is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 03:35 PM
  #12
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
(taken under his wing by Mikko Eloranta, no doubt...)
Obviously...It's not like he'd fit under Panzer's...

King Blazer is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 04:16 PM
  #13
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Sweeping generalities...

LabRat isn't "horrible" at all, but he (and Garon) are BOTH unproven goaltenders at the NHL level, and when a guy (Garon) goes 5-1 in consecutive games, and is then given "a rest" and the replacement (LaBarbera) gives up goals that if Garon had given them up, Kings fans would be donning white sheets, holding flaming torches and calling for upheaval (being kind here...), so I would hope, and expect, that Garon will return to the nets tonight for the Kings.
What he said.

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 06:06 PM
  #14
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Thank you lol I love how everyone was in Labs heaven and he leaves Garon does ok and one great game and Labs comes back and loses one game and hence is horrible now.... No one care to blame our great play in the 1st or 2nd against the Nashville game?
Everyone wasn't in "Labs heaven" last month, only those that think with their hearts instead of their heads. There have been two sides in all of this: people who dislike Garon and people who dislike neither goalie. johnjm22 has always been the former and, obviously, no amount of great play by Garon will convince him. I and most of us in this thread have always had faith in Garon and are behind whichever goalie is doing well at the time. Last month, that was LaBarbera; right now, it's Garon. The only people who are in "love" with either goaltender are those who would make LaBarbera the #1 and not care what happened to Garon. Those were the people calling Garon a bad goaltender last month. I find it amusing that they're now frantically defending LaBarbera from the same perceived injustice that they readily dished out upon Garon.

Osprey is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 06:56 PM
  #15
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Everyone There have been two sides in all of this: people who dislike Garon and people who dislike neither goalie. johnjm22 has always been the former and, obviously, no amount of great play by Garon will convince him.

What great play? Garon has played great in one game this season. The rest of the time he's either played poorly, or been mediocore.

And for the record whenever Garon played well I gave him credit for it, and when Labs plays bad I say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Those were the people calling Garon a bad goaltender last month. I find it amusing that they're now frantically defending LaBarbera from the same perceived injustice that they readily dished out upon Garon.
There was never an injustice against Garon. Garon played very poorly early in the season and got slamed for it. Which is to be expected.

JL is not playing anywhere near as bad as Garon did early in the season.

Right now I'd say there about even. But overall JL has been the consistently better goaltender. So in my personal opinion he should be starting.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 07:05 PM
  #16
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
What great play? Garon has played great in one game this season. The rest of the time he's either played poorly, or been mediocore.
You mean he's gone 5-1 in his last 6 games and he only had one above average performance? He might have had only 1 great game but that doesn't make the others mediocore. He has been very solid for us lately just lik Labs was early on.

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 07:17 PM
  #17
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
You mean he's gone 5-1 in his last 6 games and he only had one above average performance?
Yeah that's right.

I could care less what a goaltender's wins and losses are, I care if the goaltender is playing good.

Don't get me wrong, in those 6 starts Garon played much better than he did earlier in the season, but he still played Mediocore with they exception of the Colorado game, where he was absolutely stellar.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 07:34 PM
  #18
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Thank you lol I love how everyone was in Labs heaven and he leaves Garon does ok and one great game and Labs comes back and loses one game and hence is horrible now.... No one care to blame our great play in the 1st or 2nd against the Nashville game?
Not me. I've always been for Garon as the #1. Garon got comfortable, and got his confidence during his 6 games straight and should've played against Nashville. LaBarbera played well vs. the Preds, but that 1st goal was just awful.

Scottkmlps is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 07:54 PM
  #19
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps
LaBarbera played well vs. the Preds, but that 1st goal was just awful.
My thoughts exactly.

Labarbera seems to struggle early in games, but gets better as the game goes on.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 08:45 PM
  #20
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
What great play? Garon has played great in one game this season. The rest of the time he's either played poorly, or been mediocore.
Garon has played no worse in the last 5 games than LaBarbera did in October. Some people are really glorifying LaBarbera's good play against weak teams and downplaying Garon's play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
And for the record whenever Garon played well I gave him credit for it, and when Labs plays bad I say it.
I've seen you do that and I give you a lot of credit for that, but then you turn around and compare Garon to Cechmanek (which is ridiculous).

Osprey is offline  
Old
11-26-2005, 09:42 PM
  #21
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Garon has played no worse in the last 5 games than LaBarbera did in October. Some people are really glorifying LaBarbera's good play against weak teams and downplaying Garon's play.
Labarbera playing weaker teams than Garon was true in the beginning of the season, but it's not anymore.

Garon's Starts (12) - Dallas, Minnesota, Detroit, Colorado, Calgary, San Jose, Chicago, Columbus, Nashville, Vancouver, Colorado, St. Louis

Labarbera's Starts (11) - Phoenix, Edmonton, Columbus, Dallas, Anaheim, St. Louis, Dallas, Phoenix, Nashville, Detroit, Nashville

The opponents in games where Garon started have combined for 292 points out of a possible 538 points, or a .543 winning percentage.

The opponents in games where Labarbera started have combined for 278 points out of a possible 502 points, or a .554 winning percentage.

Sam is online now  
Old
11-26-2005, 09:52 PM
  #22
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
I know, Sam; that's what I meant. The infatuation with LaBarbera began when he was getting easier starts, and LaBarbera's numbers have cleared tailed off a bit since getting tougher starts (ex. more W-L-W-L instead of W streaks).

Osprey is offline  
Old
11-27-2005, 12:10 AM
  #23
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
I could care less what a goaltender's wins and losses are, I care if the goaltender is playing good.
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Would you have rather Garon went 1-5 in that stretch but had a sub 2 GAA and a .900+ SV%??? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
11-27-2005, 12:14 AM
  #24
Amazing Oopah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 314
vCash: 500
Does anybody know if now that LaBarbera is back, he and Garon will have a rotation ala Minnesota or is it back to LaBarbera being number #1?

Amazing Oopah is offline  
Old
11-27-2005, 12:15 AM
  #25
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,994
vCash: 500
If LaBarbera starts against Detroit, then I would say "yes." Until then, who knows...?

EDIT: Didn't really read your whole question. I'm saying yes to the return of the rotation if LaBarbera gets the start against Detroit.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.