HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rodent's analysis--Stanley Pie?

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2005, 07:20 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Rodent's analysis--Stanley Pie?

http://www.leaderboard.com/rodent.htm

Old
11-27-2005, 02:25 PM
JerseyRangers

I don't think I've ever read a Rodent article that was this positive. Maybe he's onto something. Lets face it many of us have been thinking this for atleast the last few weeks. If at the beginning of the season someone took odds as to the chances of both Strudwick and Malik scoring a shootout goal in the same game, I think they'd be two astronomical to even post. We've already seen some really improbable things happen this season from the comeback win against Philly on opening night, to Moore's last second goal, and now to Malik's shootout winner. I don't know if its fate, karma or whatever but this season is truly turning into something magical. To me this has gone beyond shocking; I predicted that the team would be somewhere around the 9th or 10th seed and that we should be looking to trade Jagr sometime after the holidays! Now I wanna go and pick up Sykora to give us two scoring lines! Weaker teams have gone far into the playoffs in the past on solid team d and goaltending before. Why not us??

Old
11-27-2005, 05:37 PM
DarthSather99

That last game was definetly a feel good game for Ranger fans. As much as I have been skeptical, I found myself believing when looking at everything besides the scoreboard ...it looked like the Rangers were losing .....but someone they won this game. It's a "key ingredient" of the really good teams. Win the games your not supposed to.

Old
11-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Scumgrief

Send a message via AIM to Scumgrief Send a message via Yahoo to Scumgrief
If they play like this.. I see the only team that can beat us are ourselves. I don't wanna say playoffs yet. But they are doing all the little things right, winning tight games, and winning games they have no right to be winning.

Old
11-27-2005, 06:21 PM
eco's bones

One might wonder though what would happen if Jagr were injured seriously or either or both of our goalies. One of the reasons why Atlanta has struggled so much is because of Lehtonen being injured. Of course injuries to your goaltenders could happen to anyone. The scoring amongst the forwards has been balancing out more as of late but Jagr being lost would be a whole lot to overcome. It has been a revelation however in regard to the number of new and young players especially among the forwards who have made a real contribution and are in the process of proving themselves to be legitimate NHL quality players one of which (Prucha) who seems to be at least a 2nd line player in the near future.

Closed Thread