HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Re-Brand of the Avalanche | Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2015, 05:03 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
The Re-Brand of the Avalanche | Part 3

Looks like these bad boys are going to debut on October 24th

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|COL|home

Quote:
The "Celebration of Hockey in Colorado” will take place on Saturday, Oct. 24 as part of the Colorado Avalanche's 20th Anniversary Season presented by Avaya and Arrow Electronics. The Avs will wear their new third jerseys during that night's contest against the Columbus Blue Jackets at Pepsi Center, and several former Colorado Rockies hockey players from 1976-1982 NHL team will be honored during a pre-game ceremony.

Old
09-10-2015, 12:58 AM
Lord Moriarty007
Lets go Avs & Bolts!

vCash: 500
So is this just the new thirds or stadium series? Also why is the flag on one shoulder patch. Are the blue berries jersey obsolete now.

Last edited by Lord Moriarty007: 09-10-2015 at 01:05 AM.
Old
09-10-2015, 01:14 AM
electricjib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Moriarty007 View Post
So is this just the new thirds or stadium series? Also why is the flag on one shoulder patch. Are the blue berries jersey obsolete now.
No more blueberries. This is the new 3rd. Stadium series hasn't really been confirmed yet.

Old
09-10-2015, 02:53 AM
dahrougem2

Thank the good lord the blueberries are gone. Those were simply hideous

Old
09-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Ararana

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Thank the good lord the blueberries are gone. Those were simply hideous
The team played great in them last year though. Hopefully they can transfer their mojo to the new thirds because they're too damn good looking to loose in.

Old
09-10-2015, 02:32 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Martin's pads have the C on them!

https://instagram.com/p/7dGPlOKnde/

Old
09-10-2015, 02:43 PM
madman
Deadmarsh Deli Dills

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
Martin's pads have the C on them!

https://instagram.com/p/7dGPlOKnde/
Ahh! Those are so fresh!!!

Old
09-10-2015, 05:56 PM
2bowhunt

vCash: 545
For a third they might be ok but as a primary they are hideous.

Old
09-14-2015, 06:15 PM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bowhunt View Post
For a third they might be ok but as a primary they are hideous.
I don't think they'd make a good primary either. But that's a good thing--the only thing I'm sick of more than hideous third jerseys are ones the team just goes and adopts as a regular uniform.

Only thing I don't love about them is the coloring on the arms. If you're gonna do a more "traditional" type of jersey, then do it, replete with regular ol' striping around the elbow area and all. The way it looks now seems like they stitched someone's socks onto a short-sleeve shirt.

Oh, and NO on the photoshopped version in the previous thread with piping on the shoulders. Piping is evil.

Old
09-14-2015, 06:40 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Not even being a homer, but I love them. Usually you can see similarities to other jerseys throughout the league, but this is pretty unique. The more I see it the more I like it.

Old
09-14-2015, 07:03 PM
flyfysher

Quote:
Looks like these bad boys are going to debut on October 24th

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|COL|home
No presale orders. I guess it means go to the Can early for the Calgary game and buy one before they sell out.

Old
09-14-2015, 09:08 PM
Cousin Eddie
IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

vCash: 177
I'll be attending the game in Winnipeg on November 23 and plan to wear one of these in attendance.

Old
09-14-2015, 09:11 PM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by kento View Post
I'll be attending the game in Winnipeg on November 23 and plan to wear one of these in attendance.
F*** yeah you will!

There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that is lying about being milk.

Last edited by RockLobster: 09-14-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old
09-15-2015, 02:53 PM
Qurpiz
The omniscient

The only thing I find off with the new 3rds are the white shoulders. IMO the shoulders should've been burgundy with a white border, like in the sleeves. This all presuming Avs will be wearing a dark helmet with the 3rds. If they're going with white helmets then yeah I guess I can understand the huge white spot in the shoulders.

TLDR; I'd like to see a photoshop with burgundy shoulders with a white border

Old
09-15-2015, 03:33 PM
madman
Deadmarsh Deli Dills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurpiz View Post
The only thing I find off with the new 3rds are the white shoulders. IMO the shoulders should've been burgundy with a white border, like in the sleeves. This all presuming Avs will be wearing a dark helmet with the 3rds. If they're going with white helmets then yeah I guess I can understand the huge white spot in the shoulders.

TLDR; I'd like to see a photoshop with burgundy shoulders with a white border
(posted in the previous thread - found on r/coloradoavalanche)

Old
09-15-2015, 03:42 PM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Meh, I like the white. Not that the Burgundy looks bad either, but with that look, it almost comes across like all they changed from the Blueberries was the darker shade of blue, and the main logo (I know I'm simplifying it)

Old
09-15-2015, 05:16 PM
freeboy

Am I the only one who HATES the new jersey? not fun not creative not pretty... ok its just so boring and "DUH" to me.. sorry if you like this one but not my idea of a step forward....

Old
09-15-2015, 06:04 PM
GrahamCracker

vCash: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeboy View Post
Am I the only one who HATES the new jersey? not fun not creative not pretty... ok its just so boring and "DUH" to me.. sorry if you like this one but not my idea of a step forward....
There are a few that don't like it, but I've seen more that do including fans of other teams. HATE seems a little strong though, no?

Old
09-15-2015, 06:19 PM
2bowhunt

vCash: 545
I am not a fan of the new logo at all. the Avs A is what built this team and it should remain primary. the Triangle c looks like a target on a shooting range IMHO.

Old
09-15-2015, 06:22 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Quote:
I am not a fan of the new logo at all. the Avs A is what built this team and it should remain primary. the Triangle c looks like a target on a shooting range IMHO.
I said it in one of the past threads to negative reviews, but I welcome the Avs stepping away from that logo. It is a relic of the 90s and it is time to put it away for a while. I think they can come back to it at some point, but right now I think they need to simplify the look and create a new identity.

Old
09-15-2015, 06:23 PM
GrahamCracker

vCash: 618
Quote:
The A is still primary... a ton of alternate jerseys have alternate logos

Old
09-15-2015, 06:23 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

I'll preface this by saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion especially considering things like design and nothing will ever satisfy all. But seriously, what were you expecting or what could be better? A total retread of something we already had? Just bring back the mountain stripes or the burgundy thirds and call it good? This franchise already lost 10 years due to relishing in the afterglow of the glory years, its time to move on and create a new identity with a new core. Or just have something that looks like original 6, copy the Blackhawks with some block lettering to go with it? We should all just cheer for them, would be so much easier. I LOVE the new jerseys, the logo is fantastic and the design is clean and modern. I understand not everyone feels that way but can you at least appreciate what they were going for? Its an ALTERNATE too, we still have the same ugly crap for our regular jerseys for those who hate change.

The A is their brand identity, I don't ever see them ditching it completely but if they just removed the oval it would freshen it up without changing anything.

Last edited by tigervixxxen: 09-15-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old
09-15-2015, 06:28 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Quote:
The A is their brand identity, I don't ever see them ditching it completely but if they just removed the oval it would freshen it up without changing anything.
IMO that would be a big step in the right direction.

I think that they are testing the waters with this logo, and if the reaction is positive overall, I think they will change up the primary logo to something similar or that logo.

Old
09-15-2015, 08:26 PM
freeboy

Quote:
I'll preface this by saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion especially considering things like design and nothing will ever satisfy all. But seriously, what were you expecting or what could be better? A total retread of something we already had? Just bring back the mountain stripes or the burgundy thirds and call it good? This franchise already lost 10 years due to relishing in the afterglow of the glory years, its time to move on and create a new identity with a new core. Or just have something that looks like original 6, copy the Blackhawks with some block lettering to go with it? We should all just cheer for them, would be so much easier. I LOVE the new jerseys, the logo is fantastic and the design is clean and modern. I understand not everyone feels that way but can you at least appreciate what they were going for? Its an ALTERNATE too, we still have the same ugly crap for our regular jerseys for those who hate change.

ok
First I am not a fashion designer

but

I would try to get a overal design that has mountains..
then something that looks like an avalanch of pucks
So the the bottum is blue black.. with pucks falling into it, that they are SMALL, can you imagine the uproar if we used an actual puck sized image ?? thinking Patriots scandal level here...

Anyway I like the jerseys being themed... this one just does not work..
I should get out software and sketch something up! lol

Old
09-16-2015, 09:52 AM
madman
Deadmarsh Deli Dills

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeboy View Post
ok
First I am not a fashion designer

but

I would try to get a overal design that has mountains..
then something that looks like an avalanch of pucks
So the the bottum is blue black.. with pucks falling into it, that they are SMALL, can you imagine the uproar if we used an actual puck sized image ??
thinking Patriots scandal level here...

Anyway I like the jerseys being themed... this one just does not work..
I should get out software and sketch something up! lol
Not sure if you're serious with that idea - sounds like a complete mess. Remember, keep it simple.

I love the A logo (and think the asymmetric oval is a good thing to balance it out), but that's about as busy as a logo should get.

Closed Thread