HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Re-Brand of the Avalanche | Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
09-17-2015, 11:50 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

vCash: 127
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Not sure if it was mentioned already, but these are getting revealed on October 9th. The Avs are letting STH's come to the Pepsi Center to watch the team practice in the new 3rd's as they're revealed, and get a chance to pre-order them. It's on a Friday afternoon, so not sure how many people actually show up, but it's interesting.

Last edited by The Mars Volchenkov: 09-17-2015 at 11:57 PM.
Old
09-18-2015, 12:02 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
That's pretty cool, I like that idea of an unveiling. Can't wait to see the jerseys on the guys!

Old
09-18-2015, 12:18 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

I didn't put my 2 cents in on the brand identity thing the other day. I find it really interesting, I went to school for marketing so I'm conditioned to think about it that way. I don't think they can ditch the A, they won two Cups with the A. We'll see if this alternate logo really takes off but unless it just becomes so widely popular they can't make a huge switch. IMO the Avs fanbase is a nice core of some diehards but a ton of casual fans and it is amazing to me how many all over the world. Us that live in Colorado are the minority on this board. Young hockey players from all over still say they grew up Avs fans and we are getting into 2000 born kids, there's no way they have any recollection of the glory years. So to switch the logo would be pretty confusing, they need to build on the brand identity and the new third is perfect for that for now. L

As far as what makes me care about the Avs, it's that they represent Colorado and play in Denver. I do not cheer for any team that does not. I'm just wired that way. Sometimes I'd love to cheer for other teams and I just can't. I have fun cheering for our prospects and the AHL team but obviously they represent the Avs as well. So as long as this team plays in Colorado I'm a fan. If they moved away I'd probably still care about the team until the players I know and like leave and then I'd probably just transition out of it.

Old
09-18-2015, 12:51 AM
SB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
...As far as what makes me care about the Avs, it's that they represent Colorado and play in Denver. I do not cheer for any team that does not. I'm just wired that way. Sometimes I'd love to cheer for other teams and I just can't. I have fun cheering for our prospects and the AHL team but obviously they represent the Avs as well. So as long as this team plays in Colorado I'm a fan. If they moved away I'd probably still care about the team until the players I know and like leave and then I'd probably just transition out of it.

Old
09-18-2015, 01:39 AM
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I didn't put my 2 cents in on the brand identity thing the other day. I find it really interesting, I went to school for marketing so I'm conditioned to think about it that way. I don't think they can ditch the A, they won two Cups with the A. We'll see if this alternate logo really takes off but unless it just becomes so widely popular they can't make a huge switch. IMO the Avs fanbase is a nice core of some diehards but a ton of casual fans and it is amazing to me how many all over the world. Us that live in Colorado are the minority on this board. Young hockey players from all over still say they grew up Avs fans and we are getting into 2000 born kids, there's no way they have any recollection of the glory years. So to switch the logo would be pretty confusing, they need to build on the brand identity and the new third is perfect for that for now. L

As far as what makes me care about the Avs, it's that they represent Colorado and play in Denver. I do not cheer for any team that does not. I'm just wired that way. Sometimes I'd love to cheer for other teams and I just can't. I have fun cheering for our prospects and the AHL team but obviously they represent the Avs as well. So as long as this team plays in Colorado I'm a fan. If they moved away I'd probably still care about the team until the players I know and like leave and then I'd probably just transition out of it.
I don't think you TV would be able to do it and I'll tell you why.

When the Nordiques moved to Colorado I said the same thing. I said when Sakic and Forsberg (and a couple more) retire or get traded I'll switch to the Oilers which was my second team at the time. The problem with that thinking is by the time this happens other players have joined your team and you get attach to them as well and the circle continues. It never even crossed my mind once again since the move until you just mentioned it.

And let me tell you one more thing. In your case it would be even harder than for me. Why you ask? Because you are currently ten times more invested in our prospects than I was at the time. You are already attached to some of these kids.

The only way you could do this in your case is if the Avs leave and another team moves to Colorado or you personally move to another city that hosts another NHL team. Then slowly over time you would start switching because you would follow that team and their prospects more. Sorry TV. Hate to tell you but until one of these two things happens, your are stuck with the Avs.

Old
09-22-2015, 02:03 PM
Foppa
Future Norris Winner

This was the "C"olorado logo that somebody created a few years back that I remember really liking because it captured the essence of the "C" while maintaining the character of the original logo. Apologies I do not remember the person who created it but if anybody remembers let me know so I can give them credit. I remember they even had actual patches made of the logo and they turned out gorgeous.

Old
09-22-2015, 02:05 PM
IceRat
#BallsOutTheDoor

^ thanks for posting that
I never saw it but it looks like a cool concept

Old
09-22-2015, 02:31 PM
ASmileyFace
Perfect Ding Dong

vCash: 50
Cool as a concept but is a bit messy imo.

Old
09-22-2015, 03:02 PM
madman
Deadmarsh Deli Dills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
This was the "C"olorado logo that somebody created a few years back that I remember really liking because it captured the essence of the "C" while maintaining the character of the original logo. Apologies I do not remember the person who created it but if anybody remembers let me know so I can give them credit. I remember they even had actual patches made of the logo and they turned out gorgeous.

love the creativity, but it looks like something that would go on a roller hockey jersey (because it looks like a roller hockey wheel in-motion)

Old
09-22-2015, 11:46 PM
hughdreamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post

I'm actually a fan of this C. Our C right now is just so generic and dull. This is more in the vein of the classic Avs look. Still rather have the foot though.

Old
09-23-2015, 07:56 AM
cccoltsicehockey

I hate they got rid of the foot for that C. I loved the Foot logo.

Old
09-26-2015, 02:55 PM
ColoradoSportsFan

FYI for those interested. Just left the team store. They have lots of stuff with the new "C" on it. Some 20th Anniversary gear and a few Stadium Series shirts.

Old
09-26-2015, 03:03 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Really? They only had two C hoodies there on Tuesday.

Old
09-26-2015, 03:33 PM
ColoradoSportsFan

Quote:
Really? They only had two C hoodies there on Tuesday.
Yeah, they had two white SS shirts. One with the series logo and one with the C from the jersey. They had a red 20th anniversary logo shirt. Plus red and blue "value" shirts with the shoulder C. They also looked fully stocked on the "revised" jerseys. Plus 4 or so different hoodies.

The guy in the store said the SS jersey wouldnt be for sale until January. So don't expect one from Santa.

My guess is they get more stuff in the closer we get to opening night.

Old
09-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Avsfan21

SS jerseys from them are available between Thanksgiving to Christmas is when they expect them. They also were getting hats with the C logo this week. So maybe tonight at the game

Old
09-27-2015, 12:43 PM
ColoradoSportsFan

Honestly...unless you talk to the store manager you'll probably get a different answer from all the employees.

Thanksgiving-Christmas makes the most sense. January seemed off when he told me that.

Old
10-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Foppa
Future Norris Winner

Did one of you post this over at sportslogos? I saw this and thought it looked pretty good if the franchise insists on dropping it's traditional 90's look in favor of the simplified modern look of the two new sweaters for this year.

In particular, I think the little modification to the mountain shape to turn it into an 'A' is a tiny yet clever touch. I think this concept is missing shoulder logos in a bad way and I'd still like to see perhaps some sort of homage in the striping to mountain peaks a la the pre-edge Avs jerseys but it looks pretty good.

Old
10-02-2015, 01:42 PM
Bubba Thudd
Spinach Balls!

vCash: 6200
Funny how much better it looks, to me, with that little piece of the triangle removed.

Old
10-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Cousin Eddie
IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

vCash: 177
I had no complaints about the new logo until now. I'm legit disappointed that they never made the triangle an "A". It's genius and looks fantastic.

Old
10-02-2015, 01:44 PM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Interesting, I'll say that.

There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that is lying about being milk.
Old
10-02-2015, 01:45 PM
madman
Deadmarsh Deli Dills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Funny how much better it looks, to me, with that little piece of the triangle removed.
agreed - a little goes a long ways!

Old
10-02-2015, 01:53 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
agreed - a little goes a long ways!
Yep...I'd personally hate it if the "A" logo went away but that is such an improvement on the "C" logo....

Out of curiosity...how would folks feel about replacing the captain's "C" with the new "C" logo on the traditional home/away sets and the alternate's "A" on the third with a slimmed down version of the traditional "A" Avs logo....I think the "A" would be too much but think the "C" could work.

Old
10-02-2015, 04:03 PM
hold3n
In Mourning

Is there any merch available with the new logo yet? Would love to get a new hat with just the Colorado state 'C' on it (without the mountain behind) in Avs colours.

Old
10-02-2015, 04:08 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

It's starting to come in at the Pepsi center but other than that I don't know, probably not yet.

Old
10-02-2015, 05:01 PM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Quote:
It's starting to come in at the Pepsi center but other than that I don't know, probably not yet.
You still going to do some "merchandise recon" for me, TV?

Closed Thread