HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Re-Brand of the Avalanche | Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2015, 11:12 AM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

vCash: 50
My main issue with it is that the burgundy feels tacked on instead of purposefully being there.

I really hope we don't use those as the main jersey anytime.
As 3rd jerseys they are fine though.

I still though fear the burgundy is being phased out if this is becoming successful, leaving us not anymore "burgundy and blue" but "blue and white with some burgundy to please the old farts".
Really hope I'm wrong. And I might be.

Old
10-25-2015, 12:09 PM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

vCash: 500
I do agree that the practice of making 3rd jerseys the primary jersey (i.e., "Pulling a Pittsburgh) is annoying as all hell. I really like the 3rds but yes, I'd be annoyed if they became the primary. Hopefully there's a push to fix the primaries this offseason. The stitching can't be all that hard to figure out at this point.

Old
10-25-2015, 12:10 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
It shouldn't but if it was going to be figured out it would have already. I guess we'll have to hope Adidas does something about it.

Old
10-25-2015, 01:43 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

I would actually be totally ok if the thirds became the home uniforms and they did a white version for the road. Just add the A logo on the empty shoulder. And I LOVE the A logo.

I'm not advocating for them to do it. I'd just be fine with it if they did.

Old
10-25-2015, 02:49 PM
Stazz21

I've seen a lot of fearful talk around here about about the Avs phasing out the A logo and/or burgundy as our main color. Is this all speculation, or is there a source for this? I think the only thing we definitely have evidence of being phased out is the yeti foot secondary patch, which will be sorely missed, at least by me.

Old
10-25-2015, 03:02 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Speculation

Old
10-25-2015, 03:23 PM
hold3n
In Mourning

Maybe they'll keep this as the 3rd jersey and swap where the burgundy/navy are (the body and sleeves become burgundy, the bottoms of the sleeves become navy) for our new home jersey.

Old
10-25-2015, 04:37 PM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazz21 View Post
I've seen a lot of fearful talk around here about about the Avs phasing out the A logo and/or burgundy as our main color. Is this all speculation, or is there a source for this? I think the only thing we definitely have evidence of being phased out is the yeti foot secondary patch, which will be sorely missed, at least by me.
Just speculation and my own fears

Old
10-25-2015, 05:18 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
and the blue is way to dark.

Basically this looks okay in pictures but is terrible when watching on TV.
Even with HD you can't see the burgundy at all, unless they zoom in directly onto a player.

Didn't care for the blue pants or helmets either.

Old
10-25-2015, 05:29 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Because the black that doesn't match is so much better?

Old
10-25-2015, 05:50 PM
JoemAvs

Am I the only one who does not like our 3rds and would rather keep what we were trotting out for the last couple of years?

If they want something new, I want them to go back to the Jerseys back from the Roy / Sakic era.

But I absolutely need it to be burgundy, blue and white.

Every other color is wrong IMO.

Old
10-25-2015, 05:54 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

We should just stop watching new games, just pop in the DVDs from the glory years, guaranteed happiness is how I feel about going back to the old jerseys. When are we going to move on?

Old
10-25-2015, 05:55 PM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Am I the only one who does not like our 3rds and would rather keep what we were trotting out for the last couple of years?

If they want something new, I want them to go back to the Jerseys back from the Roy / Sakic era.

But I absolutely need it to be burgundy, blue and white.

Every other color is wrong IMO.
That's not "new", that's the past. Time to move forward.

There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that is lying about being milk.
Old
10-25-2015, 06:40 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
We should just stop watching new games, just pop in the DVDs from the glory years, guaranteed happiness is how I feel about going back to the old jerseys. When are we going to move on?
Well yeah. But I don't think the old jerseys would hold us back.

It is not even the fond memories. And I am not saying bring them back. I am just saying that they should keep the style / logo / color scheme they had. If you want something new than get a new design but keep the basics.

I flat out like them way more than those new 3rds.

That blackish blue simply needs to go. The new "C" logo is ok but nothing more.

A all the way. One of the reasons I fell as a "boy" for the Avs besides Sakic dominating the Olympics in 2002 were those freaking awesome jerseys.

I really don't like where we are heading jersey wise .

Old
10-25-2015, 06:42 PM
Drij

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
so you want us to be like buffalo? or the islanders or heck the kings? God those teams have some brutal jerseys over the past 10 years alone.

Our team already plays like crap; do they have to look like it also?

Old
10-25-2015, 06:56 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Because we used blue?

Old
10-25-2015, 07:33 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

First off...it's all just message board thinking about the Avs making a bigger change. Right now it's just an all new 3rd jersey that has a different logo and a slightly altered color scheme. Isn't that the basic idea of a 3rd jersey?

The Broncos had the same basic logo and color scheme for 30+ years. They did a complete overhaul, changed to a darker blue and made orange (the previous dominant color) an accent. There were complaints, ridiculing (those damned leg stripes) and calls to return to what everyone fell in love with. But now it's actually a well worn and accepted look (3 Super Bowl appearances with 2 wins helps) and they've even made Orange the dominant color again without going totally retro.

IF the Avs ever go through a total overhaul...so what. Maybe it would be a disaster maybe it wouldn't. You'll just have to accept it and clutch your 1996-2007 style jersey even tighter. Would I like to see a slightly updated take on the old jerseys? Sure. But there are far worse options that making the new 3rds the primary.

Old
10-25-2015, 08:24 PM
hold3n
In Mourning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsfan21 View Post
They had 5 or so SnapBack hats with just the C logo pretty sharp! Two shirts and two hoodies both of those were burgundy and navy
So I got one of those hats while I'm here in Denver. I can't count how many times I've been asked if I was a cubs fan... IN DENVER! I thought state pride was supposed to be huge here?

Old
10-25-2015, 10:51 PM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

IMO the teams that have achieved uniform "perfection" are the Flyers, Blues, and Blue Jackets. I really likeI'd like the Avs to change their current home/aways to what they were before the EDGE update, but whatever they do I just want them to get rid of the stupid armpit stripes and piping. But whatever the case, I absolutely love the 3rds. I was rather ambivalent about the previous 3rd jerseys. They weren't bad, in fact I still have an old burgundy 3rd, but they weren't great either.

I really like Dallas's and Chicago's uniforms. Among my least favorites are Ottawa's (their 90s originals were awesome though) and Arizona's updates might be the worst in the entire league. Can't stand Minny's current setup, and before they were just about perfect.

Old
10-25-2015, 11:36 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

I'd certainly put Chicago in "Hockey uniform perfection". I hate to say it but their Red jerseys may just be the best ones in all of sports.

Old
12-21-2015, 04:12 PM
Bubba Thudd
Hubba Hubba

vCash: 6200
bump

Old
12-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Miri
Lavinengefahr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
First off...it's all just message board thinking about the Avs making a bigger change. Right now it's just an all new 3rd jersey that has a different logo and a slightly altered color scheme. Isn't that the basic idea of a 3rd jersey?

The Broncos had the same basic logo and color scheme for 30+ years. They did a complete overhaul, changed to a darker blue and made orange (the previous dominant color) an accent. There were complaints, ridiculing (those damned leg stripes) and calls to return to what everyone fell in love with. But now it's actually a well worn and accepted look (3 Super Bowl appearances with 2 wins helps) and they've even made Orange the dominant color again without going totally retro.

IF the Avs ever go through a total overhaul...so what. Maybe it would be a disaster maybe it wouldn't. You'll just have to accept it and clutch your 1996-2007 style jersey even tighter. Would I like to see a slightly updated take on the old jerseys? Sure. But there are far worse options that making the new 3rds the primary.
There are not.

Old
12-22-2015, 09:02 AM
Drij

Yikes I cringe when I see those 3rds on tv. Just so bad.

Old
12-22-2015, 09:40 AM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

I love the 3rds... best jersey we have had in a long, long time. I'm also starting to see them frequently out and about.

Old
12-22-2015, 10:01 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

vCash: 127
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I posted it on twitter, but the other night at the game, a Pepsi Center employee told me they've already sold 16,000 of the 3rd's. They're sold out of anything smaller than an XL until February. That's just in the team store at the Pepsi Center too.

Closed Thread