HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton @ Calgary--October 14th

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Oiltown16

vCash: 500
That Betts impressed me during the pre-season on Calgary

Old
10-13-2003, 02:18 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

I'd like to see Stoll come in for Pisani as well...especially since Lombardi is playing...

4-2 Oilers

Old
10-13-2003, 02:24 PM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
York will get his 1st of the season and the oilers will go onto win 5-3.

York, Smyth, Semenov, Chimera, Horcoff
Hemsky 2 assists

MCI Line will get all 3 of the Flames.

Conklin will get the win!

Old
10-13-2003, 02:33 PM
serum114

3-1 Edmonton

Close game until the third when the Oil score a pair early. Dvorak gets hurt (not bad, but 2 weeks to a month) and rehabs back in the Czech Republic.

Goals:

Brewer, Smyth, Laraque

Leopold

Conklin plays well in his first game of the year ;-)

Old
10-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Oi'll say!

I have a hard time cheering against the Flames in their current predicament, but I would like to see Chimmer win this round of his feud with Gauthier.

This will be a good game to watch Raffi in too. It's his cup o' tea.

Oil 3-2 in o.t.

Old
10-13-2003, 03:15 PM
capebretonoilers

Actually I am going to the game tomorrow night--cheap seats but hey
its the only way I can see the game...Anyone else going? If yes, make sure you make some noise

Old
10-13-2003, 05:08 PM
KrazyCanuck19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan
I would like to add that trollnuckfan19 does not speak for the rest of the Canucks fans, and especially not me.

What an idiotic comarison. The Oilers have a legitimit shot at the playoffs in a very tough Western Confrence, but they are a level above the Pens... Ok that is really taking the troll level a little far.
I'm entitled to my opinion, and I believe the Oilers are NOT a playoff team this year. They have squeaked in at 8th the past few years, however, Kevin Lowe has managed to deplete the Oiler lineup completely starting from the back end.

On offence they lost Marchant, Comrie, & Carter while gaining Isbister and Dvorak....On defence they lost their best defenseman, Janni Ninimaa, and replaced him with Corey Cross. Defence especially will be the Oilers' achilles heal this season, combine that with their lack of talent up front and you have a team that struggles to stay out of the cellar. Yes, Hemsky has shown potential, but expecting him to score 60-80 points like some Oiler fans are, is ridiculous....I think 40-45 points is a more realistic total. Isbister has hands of stone, and Dvorak is a chronic underachiever. Unless Smyth can pull off a miracle and score 50 goals, the Oilers are a stretch for the playoffs.

It's my opinion, and I have a right to voice it.

Old
10-13-2003, 05:11 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyCanuck19
If you had explained the reasoning behind your comments then we would have no problems with it. You don't just go into a team's board and start ragging on them without at least explaining why.

Old
10-13-2003, 05:33 PM
Oilers Hockey

I LOVE morons who think it's the end of the Oilers because Marchant is gone, without even knowing why he was on the 1st line in the first place!

You're right, you have a right to voice your opinion, idiotic as it may be. Just keep the trolling to a minimum, you totally did a 180 from your trollish post before.

Old
10-13-2003, 05:38 PM
KrazyCanuck19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
I LOVE morons who think it's the end of the Oilers because Marchant is gone, without even knowing why he was on the 1st line in the first place!

You're right, you have a right to voice your opinion, idiotic as it may be. Just keep the trolling to a minimum, you totally did a 180 from your trollish post before.

I know Marchant was on the top line because of injuries, but his departure, along with the loss of Comrie, and especially Ninimaa, result in a much weaker Oiler team overall. Marchant may not be a spectacular offensive player, but he was their best Penalty killer, a good faceoff man, and when given the ice time he scored 67 points. But he's not the biggest loss, Ninimaa leaving has left their defence suspect.

Old
10-13-2003, 05:39 PM
Oilers Hockey

BTW if you've got something to say krazycanuck, make a new thread. This is for the Battle of Alberta O N L Y.

Thank you very much.

Old
10-13-2003, 05:49 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
I know Marchant was on the top line because of injuries, but his departure, along with the loss of Comrie, and especially Ninimaa, result in a much weaker Oiler team overall. Marchant may not be a spectacular offensive player, but he was their best Penalty killer, a good faceoff man, and when given the ice time he scored 67 points. But he's not the biggest loss, Ninimaa leaving has left their defence suspect.
LEARN HOW TO COUNT. IT WAS 60 POINTS AND NOT 67 POINTS. Where was Marchant when he was captain when both Ryan Smyth and Jason Smith were injured. The team was winless in 10 games. The minute Ryan Smyth came back the team won. Marchant is not a first-liner in Edmonton. The reason he was able to score is because he played with Hemsky and Smyth. He's a third-liner. The reason he's on the top 6 in Columbus is because they don't have the depth. I believe you are overrating Niinimaa. By no means am I saying Niinimaa is a bad player but not as good as you make him out to be. Carter disappears when the team needs him. Carter disappears during the injury struggles of the team. The team is going a different direction this year with penalty killing. Remember, the Canucks didn't score a PPG on Saturday, despite not having Marchant.

10-13-2003, 06:06 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Come on guys ignore him. once he isn't getting a rise he will go away.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:08 PM
Oilers Hockey

Oilers89 I don't think he/she will get the fine points you offer simply because they refuse to acknowledge you are right.

People like that refuse to see the logic thats put before them from knowledgeable people like you because grasping at straws is the only leg trolls like that have to stand on. (I mean, c'mon he thought Marchant had 67 points, would you take seriously a troll that doesn't even know the facts?)

Now that krazycanuck19 has displayed his S E V E R E lack of knowledge about the Oilers we know we shouldn't take him seriously.

Thx~!

Old
10-13-2003, 06:09 PM
Shibumi

vCash: 788
I figure it will be a 6-3 win for the Oil.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:42 PM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by serum114
3-1 Edmonton

Close game until the third when the Oil score a pair early. Dvorak gets hurt (not bad, but 2 weeks to a month) and rehabs back in the Czech Republic.

Goals:

Brewer, Smyth, Laraque

Leopold

Conklin plays well in his first game of the year ;-)

Predicting an injury are we? Thats kinda morbid. I hope Dvo doesn't read this he might think you were a Czech hitman holding his family for ransom or something.

I say 3 goals wins it for the Oil. It could be in OT. No injuries. Isbister get his first and Torres and Iginla have a dust up. Oil PP with a pair.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:58 PM
Hemsky4PM

4-3 Oilers.

I certainly hope the Oilers put in some fresh faces. I have seen absolutely nothing to indicate Semenov should sit another game behind Cross. Pisani has done nothing and Stoll MUST play some games for it to make sense for him to play. My line-up would be:

Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
Isbister - York - Dvorak
Moreau- Reasoner- Chimera
Torres - Stoll - Laraque
(Isbister and Chimera can interchange, I know Izzy played some RW in his day and Chimmer hasn't really, just need to keep Raffi in there)

Brewer Semenov
Smith Staios
Bergeron Ferguson

Old
10-13-2003, 07:09 PM
KrazyCanuck19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
LEARN HOW TO COUNT. IT WAS 60 POINTS AND NOT 67 POINTS. Where was Marchant when he was captain when both Ryan Smyth and Jason Smith were injured. The team was winless in 10 games. The minute Ryan Smyth came back the team won. Marchant is not a first-liner in Edmonton. The reason he was able to score is because he played with Hemsky and Smyth. He's a third-liner. The reason he's on the top 6 in Columbus is because they don't have the depth. I believe you are overrating Niinimaa. By no means am I saying Niinimaa is a bad player but not as good as you make him out to be. Carter disappears when the team needs him. Carter disappears during the injury struggles of the team. The team is going a different direction this year with penalty killing. Remember, the Canucks didn't score a PPG on Saturday, despite not having Marchant.
Wow I missed his point total by 7 points.....(got it confused with morrison who had 67 for the nucks)....Still he was voted co-mvp so he must've been doing something right.

Old
10-13-2003, 07:34 PM
Sec of Partying Down

This is going to be great. Flames vs. Oilers. Two evenly matched teams battling it out. I think the Flames will take it. Iginla owns the oilers and the flames aren't about to lose to the Oilers on home ice. Plus, going against the Flames when they are facing the Oilers is commiting high treason.

4-2 Flames

Iginla 2
Kobasew
Gelinas

Smyth
Horcoff

Old
10-13-2003, 07:35 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
Wow I missed his point total by 7 points.....(got it confused with morrison who had 67 for the nucks)....Still he was voted co-mvp so he must've been doing something right.
And Salo was the oiler co-MVP...shows what a crock that is

Old
10-13-2003, 07:40 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

This thread is GREAT for laughs, I'm enjoyin this.

Old
10-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Oilers Hockey

btw there is a great chance the Flames will start McLennan.

Old
10-14-2003, 12:51 AM
quat
winsome, loathsome

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Bad start, Bad middle, & Bad end. The Oilers look both on the ice, and on paper, like an AHL team just a step ahead of Pittsburgh. Calgary wins 4-1.

ON the bright side, they may just be able to grab Ovechkin......and then trade him 3 years later
Now this is a troll! Saving years of his wisdom for this one comment

Old
10-14-2003, 12:55 AM
quat
winsome, loathsome

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
I'm entitled to my opinion, and I believe the Oilers are NOT a playoff team this year. They have squeaked in at 8th the past few years, however, Kevin Lowe has managed to deplete the Oiler lineup completely starting from the back end.

On offence they lost Marchant, Comrie, & Carter while gaining Isbister and Dvorak....On defence they lost their best defenseman, Janni Ninimaa, and replaced him with Corey Cross. Defence especially will be the Oilers' achilles heal this season, combine that with their lack of talent up front and you have a team that struggles to stay out of the cellar. Yes, Hemsky has shown potential, but expecting him to score 60-80 points like some Oiler fans are, is ridiculous....I think 40-45 points is a more realistic total. Isbister has hands of stone, and Dvorak is a chronic underachiever. Unless Smyth can pull off a miracle and score 50 goals, the Oilers are a stretch for the playoffs.

Yeah well buddy, that's not what you said the first time. If you have something intelligent to add to a conversation, then do so. If not, please spend all of your time elsewhere. Somewhere cold and lonely...

Old
10-14-2003, 02:17 AM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
2-1 edmonton
goals from Moreau and Cross

Closed Thread