HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton @ Calgary--October 14th

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 01:57 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretonoilers
sorry guys guess I was wrong -- He was listed as probable in the papers
today .
Turek is out. According to TSN, he's not going to play.

10-14-2003, 01:58 PM
capebretonoilers

If we can't beat Mclennan --we are in trouble..

Old
10-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Thalia

Oilers 4
Flames 2

Old
10-14-2003, 02:34 PM
cc

with Mclennan in net, I predict a 3-1 victory for the Oils.

Old
10-14-2003, 03:15 PM
sidelines

vCash:
2-0 Oilers. Tommy shuts the door and Hemsky has a two point night.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:11 PM
Dangerdanger

Hey does anyone out in Vancouver have digital cable and watch the games on sportsnet west?? I bought digital cable just for this, and the game is blacked out for no reason, im wondering if ill ever get to watch games here. Im pretty choked right now, thats for sure.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_Gretzky
Hey does anyone out in Vancouver have digital cable and watch the games on sportsnet west?? I bought digital cable just for this, and the game is blacked out for no reason, im wondering if ill ever get to watch games here. Im pretty choked right now, thats for sure.
It's out of region. I have digital and I don't get the games either. You may have digital but the only games that won't be blacked out in Vancouver are the games on Sportsnet Pacific. Sportsnet West is out of region and therefore blacked out. Hope that helps.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:20 PM
Hairball

Who is this guy announcing the game? Is he on for the flames games or the Oilers? I hope he's not our announcer. I'm sick of him already. Ugh. Every time, it's the whole name.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:32 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairball
Who is this guy announcing the game? Is he on for the flames games or the Oilers? I hope he's not our announcer. I'm sick of him already. Ugh. Every time, it's the whole name.
Roger Millions. It's a Flames broadcast.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:32 PM
Hairball

Good hustle by Cross to beat Iggy to the puck. They just answered my question. This is a Flames telecast. Thank ****.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:34 PM
Hairball

Is that him??? I so don't like him. Especially after his reverse red racoon eyes this summer and his posting on that message board someone posted a link to earlier.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:34 PM
momentai

So far most of our forwards have shown some decent jump tonight. The Reasoner line has probably been the most ineffective so far in the first period.

Cross with two BRUTAL giveaways. One where he is dispy-doodling over center ice and loses the puck. Chris Clark comes back the other way and rings a wrister right off the post. Then Cross gives up the puck to IGINLA, of all people, and gets a great shot on net. Not impressive so far.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:37 PM
thefunkymonkey

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_Gretzky
I'm in Victoria and was exploring digital cable for the same reason - OILERS!!! - Anyway, I emailed shaw regarding the blackout structure and got this response:

"Thank you for your recent e-mail. At Sportsnet our viewers are our number one priority. We appreciate and welcome your feedback.

The structure of Sportsnet's regional broadcast deal with our NHL partners means that we have to ensure that these NHL teams are seen only in their "home territory", or the region that we have the right to broadcast in. Even if you have access to all four Sportsnet feeds via satellite or digital cable, we must order a blackout to all other regions outside of the home territory to ensure that only viewers in that region are receiving the game.
That being said, you will only get to see the game that is being broadcast in your Sportsnet region. These NHL imposed restrictions are set to protect the NHL team and ensure local viewers are supporting their home team.
Unfortunately, Sportsnet has no control over these rules and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."

So that's the story...I hope it helps others thinking they'll get to see more Oilers on the West coast and LESS Nuckleheads

Old
10-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Digger12

Fast paced game so far...2 posts on Salo, 1 on McLellan (how did Torres not score on that??)

Hemsky looks to have some jump, unfortunately Dvorak still doesn't look all there. Isbister's looked a bit better.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:46 PM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
So far most of our forwards have shown some decent jump tonight. The Reasoner line has probably been the most ineffective so far in the first period.

Cross with two BRUTAL giveaways. One where he is dispy-doodling over center ice and loses the puck. Chris Clark comes back the other way and rings a wrister right off the post. Then Cross gives up the puck to IGINLA, of all people, and gets a great shot on net. Not impressive so far.
I was going to say What looks worst, the Edm PP or Cross carrying the puck...Geez...

It looks like our D is going to be a big liability...Even Smith is coughing the puck...For a team that's going to have trouble scoring, they can't afford these defensive lapses...

Old
10-14-2003, 05:46 PM
momentai

Jason Smith tries to make a pass through the middle of the ice. Gelinas intercepts the pass at the blueline and goes in alone on Salo. Geez... what the heck is our defense up to?

Anyone notice that Bergeron plays a little too far off his man in the defensive zone? It's as if he's afraid of getting outmuscled or beat to the side... It gives the players too much room to shoot as he doesn't close on the puck carrier as quickly.

Hemsky has looked good and Smyth is looking much better than last game... Though that hooking penalty was LAZY. Torque line had a decent start in the first period. That one play where Horc feathered a backhand pass to Torres was beautiful. But Torres missed a half-open net.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:49 PM
Fists of Fuhry

Not too many complaints..

'cept for the horrible horrible play by play of millen.... man, its a hockey game, not a friggen dog show.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:51 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists of Fuhry
'cept for the horrible horrible play by play of millen.... man, its a hockey game, not a friggen dog show.
Haha... even Roger Millions is probably not as irritating as Greg Millen on CBC. But he is rather monotone on the broadcasting side of things. It's not too much of deal to me. Not everyone can be a Rick Jenerette...

Old
10-14-2003, 05:57 PM
windowlicker

is it just me, or is jason smith starting to look ineffective and overpaid?
he almost looks bored outthere.. that one giveaway was Totally brutal and rookie-like.

Old
10-14-2003, 06:11 PM
Lowetide

Several Oilers have yet to show something. York would be exhibit A but there are others. Dvorak seems to have something going on tonight, and as momentai (I think it was mometai) mentioned Smyth has more jump tonight.

4line is still the best line at that is bad.

The defense is too damn slow. Iginla is just toying with them.

Old
10-14-2003, 06:12 PM
Dangerdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
It's out of region. I have digital and I don't get the games either. You may have digital but the only games that won't be blacked out in Vancouver are the games on Sportsnet Pacific. Sportsnet West is out of region and therefore blacked out. Hope that helps.
Man that really blows. Here I was thinking that I was gonna get to watch some oilers games this year... Too bad edmonton doesnt have mountains or i'd just move there.

Old
10-14-2003, 06:16 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Great clear Cory.............*clap*.........*clap*...........* clap*

Pathetic.

1-0.

Old
10-14-2003, 06:19 PM
Oiltalk

Man this team has trouble scoring when it matters.

Old
10-14-2003, 06:21 PM
windowlicker

what is Cross still doing in there....... I can handle the puck better and i havent played rollerhockey in A WHILE.

Old
10-14-2003, 06:23 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

RAFFI......you've got the patience to flip it around the d-man, but then you have to flick it at the goalie........WHAT ARE YOU THINKING! WIDE OPEN NET!!!!!!

(Goes and bangs head on wall)

Closed Thread