HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Derek Roy

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2003, 08:49 AM
kremlin

vCash: 500
Derek Roy

Why isn't this kid in the line-up? When was he cut and more importantly, why was he cut? I really expected him to make the roster this year, so what happened?

Old
10-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 2662
Notes: Amerks rookie center Derek Roy left the game 3:10 into the second period with a possible concussion after being elbowed in the head by Senators defenseman Julien Vauclair on an open-ice check.

Looks like we won't be seeing Roy for awhile. The Amerks lost the game 2-1 in OT on a goal by Denis Hamel.

Old
10-12-2003, 11:35 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
Jesus, you can't be serious. Figures, what a great start to the season. Well ya know, if Roy was in the line-up in BUFFALO where he should be, this would have never happened.

Old
10-12-2003, 12:47 PM
Junior

Send a message via AIM to Junior Send a message via Yahoo to Junior
yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillToronto
Jesus, you can't be serious. Figures, what a great start to the season. Well ya know, if Roy was in the line-up in BUFFALO where he should be, this would have never happened.

and if the bear did not stop to take a crap in the woods he would have caught the rabbit

Old
10-12-2003, 01:00 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Isn't Vauclair like a Mother Theresa type hockey player? At least from what I remember of him, he gets about 10 PIM's a year. I'm just waiting until Satan gets slew-footed by Jere Lehtinen tomorrow or something, before I know this season is cursed and cruely unfair.

P.S - With the way the Bills are playing today, people may lay off the Sabres a bit! Well, maybe not, but I can hope.

Old
10-12-2003, 01:22 PM
kremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
I didn't know that....thanks

Old
10-12-2003, 01:24 PM
djhn579

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillToronto
Maybe you haven't noticed how many times Sabres have been checked from behind so far this season? If Roy was up in Buffalo, he'd have a concussion and a broken jaw as well...

Old
10-12-2003, 03:15 PM
future consideration

Roy isn't up here cause he didn't have a good pre-season. Yeah he did good in intersquad games but didn't show much in the pre-season.

Would Roy have made a difference in either games? Probably not. Let him get some experience in the AHL and call him up half way through the season like Pyatt and Kotalik.

Old
10-12-2003, 03:28 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 2662
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous
Isn't Vauclair like a Mother Theresa type hockey player? At least from what I remember of him, he gets about 10 PIM's a year. I'm just waiting until Satan gets slew-footed by Jere Lehtinen tomorrow or something, before I know this season is cursed and cruely unfair.
Little guys like Roy are extra vulnerable to elbows. The main concern about him was he wouldn't be able to stay healthy in the pros.

Old
10-12-2003, 03:30 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous
P.S - With the way the Bills are playing today, people may lay off the Sabres a bit! Well, maybe not, but I can hope.
What you outta be hoping for is that Ruff and Williams get shipped on out together. Go Bandits.

Old
10-12-2003, 09:38 PM
buffalowing

Send a message via AIM to buffalowing
~~~waiting for a Buffalo team to win!

Old
10-12-2003, 09:57 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing
~~~waiting for a Buffalo team to win!
If you want to take the next 20 years of your life.....be my guest.....

Old
10-15-2003, 04:49 AM
Weezel RX7

Send a message via AIM to Weezel RX7
y do u want roy in the lineup so bad? do u really want him turning out like another tim connolly on our roster? tim connolly was rushed to nhl status and he cant finish for ****. leave roy down in the roc, let him play a season down there, see how he does. he hasnt played a season in minor league hockey, just the OHL and the OHL is NOT the nhl nor is it the AHL. only a few players who earned the memorial cup have made a name for themselves in the nhl such as dale hawerchuk in 1981 and shane doan in 1995. the next season shane doan played in pheonix, scoring 7 goals with 17 points in 74 GAMES! not to mention a -9 player rating! and the next season was worse with 4 goals and 12 points in 63 games. Doan didnt play a productive season until 99 which is FIVE YEARS AFTER WINNING THE MEMORIAL CUP! when he played 81 games ending with 26 goals and 51 points.

Point being.....DONT RUSH ROY!

Old
10-15-2003, 05:23 AM
jpb

Part of the reason Roy did not stick was that he was hamperd by a hamstring pull and his performance tailed off in the second half of camp. As for the concussion itself, Ruff was quoted in the TBN today that it was "mild", so Roy shouldn't miss much time.

As to rushing him to the NHL, that's not a concern in my mind. Derek has shown that he's ready to play at this level. He pushed hard in camp this year and last for a roster spot. A little time in Rochester won't hurt him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's with the Sabres by the end of December.

Old
10-15-2003, 07:12 AM
Weezel RX7

Send a message via AIM to Weezel RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb
Part of the reason Roy did not stick was that he was hamperd by a hamstring pull and his performance tailed off in the second half of camp. As for the concussion itself, Ruff was quoted in the TBN today that it was "mild", so Roy shouldn't miss much time.

As to rushing him to the NHL, that's not a concern in my mind. Derek has shown that he's ready to play at this level. He pushed hard in camp this year and last for a roster spot. A little time in Rochester won't hurt him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's with the Sabres by the end of December.
then y did he struggle in preseason games? he only did well against the squad in camp but he struggled in exhibition games.

Old
10-15-2003, 07:34 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezel RX7
then y did he struggle in preseason games? he only did well against the squad in camp but he struggled in exhibition games.

he had a pulled groin/hip flexor

Closed Thread